Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think they're going to do something similar to the Batman vs Superman fight in New Frontier. In that story Supes threw the fight to allow Batman to escape government pursuit so he can continue to be a lone vigilante. In BvS I can definitely see Superman let Bats win so people will stop worshipping him and believing that he's an all powerful alien god. If the world sees a mere human can defeat him it will show the world that he's not as big a threat as people think and that he's just here to help.
    Of course he's gonna hand Batman his ass before he decides to lose.
    This would also be a very good way to handle the story.

Superman will have a very hard time convincing people to stop seeing him as a god until he shows them that he isn't one. He can say "No, don't worship me! I'm not a god! Really! Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to fly to Neptune in order to divert this China-sized meteor that's heading for Earth that NASA hasn't even detected yet." all he likes. But people will go right on believing it until they see him humbled in some way.

Having Superman willingly throw a fight to Batman would be a good way to break the "god" illusion. If an ordinary man can beat Superman, he MUST not be a god. (Not that Batman really qualifies as "ordinary.")

So, yeah. I'd be cool with this approach.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

adornedatom

To me this scene gives the appearance that people are granting Superman the status of God; including the usual extremist militia that commit many atrocities in the name of their God.

The fact that Superman arrives at their bunker makes it seem; to me, that he wants to put a stop to their delusions. The fact that they exist indicates; again just to me, that Superman will be just as misrepresented in this world as the real God is in the real world. Hence why Batman would want to put a stop to him. They've never met before so why WOULDN'T Batman pay attention to the news reports on Superman???

Quote Originally Posted by adornedatom View Post
    To me this scene gives the appearance that people are granting Superman the status of God; including the usual extremist militia that commit many atrocities in the name of their God.

The fact that Superman arrives at their bunker makes it seem; to me, that he wants to put a stop to their delusions. The fact that they exist indicates; again just to me, that Superman will be just as misrepresented in this world as the real God is in the real world. Hence why Batman would want to put a stop to him. They've never met before so why WOULDN'T Batman pay attention to the news reports on Superman???
    So batman won't do his usual day-to-day research before confronting the problem? Will the world's greatest detective get all his answers from the media?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

So I saw a leak of the IMAX footage and Superman seems to have the S curl, doesn't look like it will be his usual look but nice touch from the film makers nonetheless.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by luffyq1 View Post
    So batman won't do his usual day-to-day research before confronting the problem? Will the world's greatest detective get all his answers from the media?
    Even Batman can be fooled by bad intel, especially if that intel comes from another super genius.
    Life is but a dream

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Even Batman can be fooled by bad intel, especially if that intel comes from another super genius.
    Yup.

Just look at Batman Eternal. The entire story was Batman being played like a puppet by someone who simply knew how to push his buttons and get him to react the way said individual wanted him to.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member

And Lex Luthor>>>>Cluemaster. Especially if people don't know that Lex is a bad guy yet (he might be masquerading as a legitimate businessman/philanthropists).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yup.

Just look at Batman Eternal. The entire story was Batman being played like a puppet by someone who simply knew how to push his buttons and get him to react the way said individual wanted him to.
    Or Knightfall, where Bane plays him like a fiddle. Ditto to the Court of Owls, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    These are characters made of stories, not stats and power levels. It's more important for Superman to not appear to be a conquering bully than for him to win a fight because power levels say he should. To save face one could say that Batman was simply more prepared, more ruthless, had more gadgets, cheated, or maybe Superman let him win. Once we go down the path of Superman simply beating on his nonpowered enemies, he becomes less appealing to the public. If Superman is going to defeat Batman in battle it should be an ideological one. He needs to prove Batman is wrong about him. Batman's argument is that Superman is a time bomb waiting to go off and either hurt people or conquer the world, he needs to prove to Batman that he is the ideal of fairness, mercy, and he stands for truth, justice, and the American way. Blowing up the batmobile isn't gonna do that.
    Superman has nothing to prove, thus Batman has no claim to challage him, which would make Batman the bully.

If people are afraid of Superman solely because he is mighty, that is a problem that lies with them.

BANNED

You know, the themes that Snyder will be exploring in this movie are really good. The impact of someone like Superman on a 'real' non comic booky world. The problem is that at the end of the day both Batman and Superman are big powerful white men. Whoop-freakin-doo. It's not like human history has been defined by big powerful white men for the last few centuries. Oh, wait.

Default So there's a small snippet of the Superman vs. Batman fight from a special screening.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Superman has nothing to prove, thus Batman has no claim to challage him, which would make Batman the bully.

If people are afraid of Superman solely because he is mighty, that is a problem that lies with them.
    The best thing that the Batman writers managed is the reversion of culpability.

Frank Miller started this fight. They want it. They continue it.

Go to youtube, facebook, etc. The Batman fans want this fight. They - want - this.

It's like Scott Snyder having Superman ask Batman who wins the fight. It's Snyder who wanted this. It's him who had Batman defeat the whole League to please those not satisfied with JL's Batman plans.

It's him that had Bats defeat Aquaman with bubblegum and Wondy with the 'lasso of lies'. And then he puts the question on Superman's mouth. The scene couldn't have been any more fake.

It's Zack Snyder who announced the second movie with the DKR quote. He wanted this. If there's any semblance of balance and restraint in this guy, he'll make Batman the agressor. We'll see.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 04-22-2015 at 11:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    LOL, I read the interview with Guillermo Grispo in spanish. The guy is a huge Batman fan.

“There’s a thought that Batman has no chance, that the other [Superman] will squash him like a bug(...)"
    Batman and ... the other... LOL.

More parodies!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Or Knightfall, where Bane plays him like a fiddle. Ditto to the Court of Owls, etc.
    One of the things that drives me nutty about Batman vs. Superman debates is that you can point to the many times that Batman's villains can throw Batman for a loop, or physically hurt him, but then people argue Superman wouldn't be able to. Why is Harley Quinn better equipped to fight Batman than the Justice League?!?!