Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    One of the things that drives me nutty about Batman vs. Superman debates is that you can point to the many times that Batman's villains can throw Batman for a loop, or physically hurt him, but then people argue Superman wouldn't be able to. Why is Harley Quinn better equipped to fight Batman than the Justice League?!?!
    'Because the Justice League are (relatively) sane and predictable, and Arkham-crew aren't,' and Batman only has to have a 'win of intent' over physically besting since 'a win is a win is a win'.

BANNED

Looks pretty cool. I think I'm more interested in this for Batman. Shame Snyders Superman is as stiff as a board. Kind of funny to see Batman and Superman running at each other like that.

When you know if they were to collide Batman would be broken into pieces.

Well, this raises a question: why is Superman running? In the last movie, he didn't run at Zod, he flew. In fact, whenever you see Superman run, it's usually at superspeed, and this looks like closer to human speed.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Superman tends to fight fair. It's a weakness and a strength at once.

If he's fighting an enemy who can really handle him, he tends to go all out. In a fight he expects to win handily, he tends to hold back. He has no reason to believe that Batman is a real threat to him, so he's not going to fly at him any more than he's going to simply incinerate him with heat vision. It's overkill.

Another possible explanation? It's entirely possible that this particular scene won't even be in the movie. It's a teaser. They could've just shot that scene for the express purpose of dramatizing the clash between Superman and Batman. The final product may look quite different.

I certainly hope so, for Batman's sake. That charge makes him look really stupid, unless he's got some kind of ace in the hole that we'll see later. Batman should never be stupid enough to try a frontal assault on Superman.

EDIT: Also? Superman is probably holding back because he's in the moral right, here. He doesn't WANT this fight with Batman. He wants to prove that he's not the monster people are making him out to be.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 04-22-2015 at 08:33 AM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Ah. Sigh. I'm sorry to have contributed to the anger in this thread. I've also edited my post talking about Frank Miller because it could be seen as personally offensive to the writer.

But I cant' resist posting a few drawings. I'm pretty sure every one of us thought about these scenes when we first heard "Do you bleed?" Couldn't be hollower or more meaningless. My first impulse was to use some pics I've already used in other threads. But I wanted to confirm that it was Batman who said that, not Mettalo or Lex. Well, the special extended trailer doesn't change anything. So, here goes.

BANNED

Lost my connection. Here's more.

BANNED

DO YOU BLEED?

YOU WILL.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 04-22-2015 at 12:05 PM.

The idea of Superman's bleeding might be interesting to a casual fan who's used to seeing Superman as physically dominant, with very few individuals able to stand up to him. I think back to Superman II in the diner when Clark sees his own blood, and is astonished because it's never happened before, paralleling the fact that the audience mostly had never seen Superman bleed. You can say it for this movie, because 90-something percent of the audience (international included) expect Superman to be invincible as long as there's no Kryptonite.

Of course, for us comic fans, Superman seems to bleed more often than most heroes, which is among the most ironic things about Superman these days.

BANNED

The idea of Superman's bleeding might be interesting to a casual fan who's used to seeing Superman as physically dominant, with very few individuals able to stand up to him. I think back to Superman II in the diner when Clark sees his own blood, and is astonished because it's never happened before, paralleling the fact that the audience mostly had never seen Superman bleed. You can say it for this movie, because 90-something percent of the audience (international included) expect Superman to be invincible as long as there's no Kryptonite.

Of course, for us comic fans, Superman seems to bleed more often than most heroes, which is among the most ironic things about Superman these days.
    Yeah, I know they were going for Joe Public. Doesn't stop it being one of the most pathetically easy 'hardboiled' one liners for Supes fans to sneer at.

Seeing Superman bleed in comics is beyond passe for me these days, but merely talking about it in a blockbuster movie doesn't make me flinch. Now, once I actually see the movie, my opinion might change. Either way, every depends on context and setting.

BANNED

Seeing Superman bleed in comics is beyond passe for me these days, but merely talking about it in a blockbuster movie doesn't make me flinch. Now, once I actually see the movie, my opinion might change. Either way, every depends on context and setting.
    LOL. He already did. He bled in MOS as well. When he was exposed to Krypton's atmosphere. And I think when he was a child as well (IIRC, only watched that lifeless spectacle once.) But, shhhh. Hush. Don't let the director's own movie get in the way of Batbro's oneliners. His parents are dead.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-22-2015 at 12:56 PM.

Superd***ery at its finest.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Superd***ery at its finest.
    Superman knows what Batman's real weakness is.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-22-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Amazing Member

Gosh he was pretty darn slow.
    And his cape looks ripped...it didn't rip when he fought Zod and the kryptonians...I have a bad feeling about this