Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

I hear a mad scientist. Which is alright with me. I'm more than looking forward to a drastically different take after five movies of real estate buffoonery.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    I really don't like this Luthor, I know it's just a trailer but I don't like where there taking him. His age isn't a problem (Eisenberg looks young but he's actually around the same age as Cavil). It's just when I hear Eisenberg talk hear, I don't hear Luthor, I hear a slightly broody teen. The trailer was overall really good though.
    Yeah, and why was Superman bowing to him? What was that about?

Superman barely even spoke and the trailer was about him. I'm kinda confused on the Martha thing. But maybe she is saying that he doesn't have to do this if he doesn't want to. I remember hearing about Superman going into exile, could this be it?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Yeah, and why was Superman bowing to him? What was that about?
    I assumed he was being affected by kyrptonite in that scene.
    Edit: Or maybe he has been blackmailed in some way? Might be more likely, perhaps Lex has found out his identity or something.
    Last edited by Baba3231; 07-11-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Ultimate Member

That's what I assumed as well. We know now that spoilers:
    Lex has both Zod's corpse AND a HUGE chunk of Kryptonite.
    end of spoilers It's only been a few seconds, but I'm loving this Lex so far. He just seems so damn entertaining.

Martha's basically appealing for him to do what's in his heart. Don't be there as a sense of obligation to have to make up for Zod's crimes of which he's now being blamed for in the aftermath (and she's right, he doesn't owe the world a thing), be there because you care and because you want to be there.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I liked the trailer, Though I hope Eisenberg isn't that hammy in the movie. It's okay to downplay Lex sometimes guys.

The BvS official site has crashed lol, couldn't handle the traffic I suppose.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Wonder Woman looks great! Can't wait, and how about that Body Bag? Loved the Bruce in Metropolis scene with all the debris falling.

BANNED

Zod head, wonder if it is for a doosmday or a bizarro 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    That was actually pretty good, but my concerns are still there. I'm worried this film is also going to be unrelentingly dark. And I really wish that they teased a bit more of Act 3. Because if Act 3, the emotional crux of the movie really is Batman and Superman knocking the stuffing out of each other, I will be sorely disappointed. I can only assume that will not be the case though

Zack Snyder should not be allowed to use the Kents ever again.
    Why? Because he made them like Actual Parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Why? Because he made them like Actual Parents?
    No because he took away their entire role in the Superman mythos. They're role is to make Superman want to use his powers to do the right thing. Without the Kents... well he's actually pretty close to how he's been portrayed in the DCCU so far.

Looks interesting. I don't care for Cavill's hair though. Doesn't need a curl but just some movement would be nice.

BANNED

This is amazing! It has everything to be a fantastic movie!

Enjoying the direction they're taking with the DCCU. I'm hazarding a guess that Eisenberg's Lex hasn't gone off the deep end yet; he hasn't had that moment to cause him to hate Clark yet (hair loss from way back when) so I can understand that he's not the alpha male he is in JL/JLU. I like that Batfleck seems to have experience already: he's portrayed as older than Bale, has had at least one Robin, seems cynical and jaded; it's a good contrast to the relative newness of Clark. The one thing I'm still iffy about is the inclusion of Wonder Woman; hopefully her role isn't a distraction to the story.