Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

I've been pretty cautious with this film. I liked Man of Steel quite a bit and enjoyed how it has forced people to re-evaluate their preconcieved notions of who and what Superman is, which are largely still influenced by movies that are thirty-to-forty years old.

But I've been concerned about how the introduction of Batman will impact the infantile MoS franchise and Superman's role in the films and their larger shared universe. Its WB, and since Dark Knight Returns it's been all Batman at the expense of everyone else, especially Superman. So Ive had concerns.

But this looked good. Batman's motivations feel natural and organic, Affleck looks good in the role (not that Batman is hard to pull off) and what little we saw of Gadot looks pitch perfect (who knows how the actual role will play out, but she looks great).

I still have worries and concerns. But this looked damned good.
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-11-2015 at 04:23 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    No because he took away their entire role in the Superman mythos. They're role is to make Superman want to use his powers to do the right thing. Without the Kents... well he's actually pretty close to how he's been portrayed in the DCCU so far.
    That's exactly what that scene is showing Martha doing. Steering him to use his powers to help out of a desire to do good, or simply not do it at all. Its a mother's way of saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" on a grander scale. She only mentions his not owing Earth anything because its simply the truth. He doesn't owe it. But use his powers for good if that's what he wants. And surely in her heart Martha knows that's what her son wants anyway.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm not convinced that this is going to be good. I've heard that they're trying to cram way too much into this movie.

That being said, the only thing I didn't like in this trailer was Jesse Eisenberg. The red capes are coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    Looks interesting. I don't care for Cavill's hair though. Doesn't need a curl but just some movement would be nice.
    Maybe the lack of movement is intentional like Joseph Gordon Levitt's slicked-back hair in Inception: if it never moves, then you can't tell when they're not moving and trying to pass off movement.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeswithoutaface View Post
    I'm not convinced that this is going to be good. I've heard that they're trying to cram way too much into this movie.

That being said, the only thing I didn't like in this trailer was Jesse Eisenberg. The red capes are coming?
    It's his (sarcastic) comparison to Paul Revere, warning about the approaching "menace." The British Redcoats in Revere's case and Superman in Lex's.

BANNED

Yea. I was skeptical of the Luthor casting. And this trailer made me straight up hate it. I don't hear Luthor when I hear those lines, I hear a broody teen.

I don't know where you're getting broody, as the guy seems to have a mouth that moves a mile a minute, hardly a strong characteristic of a brooding person, but he indeed is quite young. But I welcome it. Rosenbaum was young too and he's the best Lex to date. Granted Clark was young with him, but to me the age disparity only makes for a brand new dynamic. Hell the look Superman shoots toward Luthor late in the trailer sells the rivalry enough for me from an emotional standpoint as its obviously not going to be physical on any level, and that's just a split second shot.

I still have some concerns, but Eisenberg isn't one of them. Not anymore.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-11-2015 at 06:51 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member

He's the same age as Cavill actually.

Really? Well nevermind entirely then, haha.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Honestly, I didn't hear Eisenberg (sp) at all, I listened to the audio first (there was a leak lol) I was convinced red capes was someone else!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

There is actually something ever so slightly...Ledger about his performance. I mean, he's not batshit crazy like the Joker, but that eccentric behavior and almost hint of madness, I could see this being Ledger's Joker dialed down to 2 and given a genius intellect.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-11-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It's his (sarcastic) comparison to Paul Revere, warning about the approaching "menace." The British Redcoats in Revere's case and Superman in Lex's.
    I figured he was making a quip by alluding to redcoats, but there's only one guy with a red cape. It doesn't quite follow. Maybe I'd be in on the joke if I was from the US.

The leaked script looks to be pretty accurate after seeing this trailer.

BANNED

I hope this isn't a case of good trailer/bad movie;

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    Yea. I was skeptical of the Luthor casting. And this trailer made me straight up hate it. I don't hear Luthor when I hear those lines, I hear a broody teen.
    Yeah, he comes down a little on the whiny side. Considering how much humor was missing from MOS, I'm not convinced yet that we'll find any with this Lex when the overall tone of what we've seen so far is dour and melancholy from the whole cast.