Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    He props Batman just before saying those words, too.

So win-win.
    I was all warm and happy in the inside on that part.

iMan 42s

I liked the trailer.., for the most part. It does show much more than what it should have.

I liked how Bruce and Clark meet in the trailer showing them meeting in the civilian personas at an event run by Lex Luthor. This is good setup and pretty much what we expect out of them film. Lex is going to pull the strings to get the both of them o fight and kill each other. And then Doomsday shows up....
    Alright that's fine I guess. If you cant defeat Lex yet than have them fight a lacky to get a final battle.... WHY IS WONDER WOMAN HERE?
    I get that we don't know everything but the central focus should be the title characters. Wonder Woman shouldn't even be here. Stop racing to reach the Justice League and make your film stand on its own.

The last bit felt like a different movie trailer. Doomsday looks like the Michael Bay ninja turtle crossed with The Abomination and Wonder Woman had no build up beyond we knew she would at least cameo in the film. What the hell is Aquaman doing here then if he isn't present for the fight with Doomsday or am I to assume everyone comes together at the end and all of a sudden Justice League?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Oh god Lex Luthor so Bad......Jesse is terrible.

Ultimate Member

I like him, he looks like he's having so much fun. I'm still going with the idea that he acts like a goofball in public, but is much more sociopathic in private.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I liked the trailer.., for the most part. It does show much more than what it should have.

I liked how Bruce and Clark meet in the trailer showing them meeting in the civilian personas at an event run by Lex Luthor. This is good setup and pretty much what we expect out of them film. Lex is going to pull the strings to get the both of them o fight and kill each other. And then Doomsday shows up....
    Alright that's fine I guess. If you cant defeat Lex yet than have them fight a lacky to get a final battle.... WHY IS WONDER WOMAN HERE?
    I get that we don't know everything but the central focus should be the title characters. Wonder Woman shouldn't even be here. Stop racing to reach the Justice League and make your film stand on its own.

The last bit felt like a different movie trailer. Doomsday looks like the Michael Bay ninja turtle crossed with The Abomination and Wonder Woman had no build up beyond we knew she would at least cameo in the film. What the hell is Aquaman doing here then if he isn't present for the fight with Doomsday or am I to assume everyone comes together at the end and all of a sudden Justice League?

Here's an idea, why don't we all, oh IDK, WAIT AND SEE the film before jumping to conclusions like that. Oh and nothing about WW being here changes it being "standalone" or not, anymore than Batman being here.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    The trailer was cool and all, but really it just kind of confirmed how predictable this movies is going to be. Lex setting up a conflict between Bruce and Clark. A big threat (Doomsday, which was rumored a long time ago) forces them to work together. Throw in Wonder Woman, because reasons. It's all pretty by the numbers stuff. I feel like they already gave away the entire movie. So my excitement to see it has diminished. Visually, it looks great. Granted, it's a comic trope to have have heroes fight because of some kind of misunderstanding and then unite against a common enemy. I was just hoping we'd see something different. It also would have been nice if Doomsday looked a little more menacing. Though having him use heat vision was a pretty cool touch.
    1. I could predict pretty much ANY CBM's plot because they're not that complicated. And fans tend to whine if they are.
    2. "Disagreements, then team up" is common, because it works. They're not going to be enemies the whole movie, and fans would again whine if they were.
    3. They have like six months to work on the CGI for Doomsday, or explain it (maybe he grows as he gets stronger and he's just newly-born here or something). Plenty of time.
    4. Again, can we maybe just wait and see the movie before complaining about WW? We don't know why she's here.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Do you think they are going to kill Superman? That would be surprising, sort of, that would be an unusual set up for Man of Steel 2.

BANNED

No....it wont happen...at least no in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I like him, he looks like he's having so much fun. I'm still going with the idea that he acts like a goofball in public, but is much more sociopathic in private.
    Eh

1) They told us dark and gritty U and then we have a goofball Lex Luthor...he better be a sociopath in the back room because this the whole time aint cutting it.

2) Maybe JL/U has poisoned me but I expect a Luthor I can take seriously in the room with Waller....how the frak am I suppose to take Jesse as Lex Seriously if he is ever dealing with Viola as Waller. The acting gulf would be absurd.

No death. Instead, Superman will intend to sacrifice himself by taking the monster somewhere where it can't hurt anyone. Into the ocean. The two disappear into the sea. Many minutes pass and everyone mourns, Batman acknowledges Superman as a true hero, then Aquaman shoots out of the water holding an unconscious but still alive Superman.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

People saying Wonder Woman appeared with no build up...it's a TRAILER. The film will explain why she's come to our world and what great disaster is about to befall mankind. Jeez, just wait and watch the film before slamming it for narrative problems it might not even have.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    People saying Wonder Woman appeared with no build up...it's a TRAILER. The film will explain why she's come to our world and what great disaster is about to befall mankind. Jeez, just wait and watch the film before slamming it for narrative problems it might not even have.
    Heh, "trailer showed too much".... same person "there was no build up to WW or Doomsday". Best ignore these people.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    1) They told us dark and gritty U and then we have a goofball Lex Luthor...he better be a sociopath in the back room because this the whole time aint cutting it.
    No they didn't, they said it was going to be SLIGHTLY more grounded than Marvel. Keyword slightly.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    No death. Instead, Superman will intend to sacrifice himself by taking the monster somewhere where it can't hurt anyone. Into the ocean. The two disappear into the sea. Many minutes pass and everyone mourns, Batman acknowledges Superman as a true hero, then Aquaman shoots out of the water holding an unconscious but still alive Superman.

Holy crap I didn't realise how much sense that might make.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Like the ending to the animated NEW FRONTIER flick. Aquaman is a bit late to the party but shows up to help get an exhausted Superman to the surface.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-03-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I can't believe I missed parademons! I bet we see Aquaman stab Doomsday. Is this really Justice Leaugue Pt. 1?