Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I see theyre still going with the whole "Superman is god" shtick.

What a perfect way to make Superman uninteresting and quite boring. How about a Superman with personality for once?
    Respectfully, I'd say that they're going with the whole "People see Superman as a god" schtick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    He had plenty of personality in MOS. I expect that to continue.

And, nope. They're doing the "Some people are confusing Superman for a god" shtick. Which is a shtick that has existed since, at least the Bronze Age, if not the Silver Age. It seems perfectly obvious that Superman doesn't want to be worshipped. He just needs to figure out how to get that through to people.
    He doesnt have personality in this. All hes doing is moving around and being reactive.

The only thing here is "Look hes a god" and thats all pretty much all thats given. Unlike Batman here, whos seen speaking, displaying even some resentment, and having a plan. Superman literally does nothing.

And in the first movie, all he was doing was wandering around. Again, just being reactive, no display of personality. No charisma, theres just nothing here.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Zack Snyder does a lot of things well as a filmmaker... giving characters personalities is not one of those things.

Anyways, I think this is a good trailer, but not one to my taste. I understand that there is a need for conflict in storytelling and it takes a lot more for light storytelling to be done in a compelling way. But this trailer just looks unrelentingly dark and joyless. Two of the issues I had with Man of Steel. Seeing Superman & Batman share a screen for the first time in live action should be triumphant, but while it may get there, it doesn't look like it's going to start there. Oh well, this movie probably isn't being made with me in mind. But that's okay.
    Unfortunately, my friend.
    Last edited by Cypher; 04-19-2015 at 04:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Respectfully, I'd say that they're going with the whole "People see Superman as a god" schtick.
    lol, well of course. I meant the same thing. Just different words used there.
    Last edited by Cypher; 04-19-2015 at 04:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I'm intrigued.

The most disturbing scene so far is the one of the people bowing before Superman. It's very brief and we don't really get to see Superman's facial expression, but his body language suggests he doesn't find this unusual (must have been happening for some time). I wonder what his state of mind is...he must find it disturbing.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    It could be that this scene will be how Luthor is painting the picture of Superman's actions.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    He doesnt have personality in this. All hes doing is moving around and being reactive.

The only thing here is "Look hes a god" and thats all pretty much all thats given. Unlike Batman here, whos seen speaking, displaying even some resentment, and having a plan. Superman literally does nothing.

And in the first movie, all he was doing was wandering around. Again, just being reactive, no display of personality. No charisma, theres just nothing here.

Unfortunately, my friend.
    You can tell what he's going to be doing or saying an a 2 1/2 hour movie from one small TEASER of out of context images? No, you cannot, sorry. Oh and BTW, it's the FIRST teaser. Of course it's more Batman-centric, he needs to be introduced into this continuity. As opposed to Superman, who just had an entire movie dedicated to introducing him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    You can tell what he's going to be doing or saying an a 2 1/2 hour movie from one small TEASER of out of context images? No, you cannot, sorry. Oh and BTW, it's the FIRST teaser. Of course it's more Batman-centric, he needs to be introduced into this continuity. As opposed to Superman, who just had an entire movie dedicated to introducing him.
    No, the way he's behaving with the lack of any voice or action it seems as though hes going to be portrayed the same way he was last time.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 04-19-2015 at 07:24 PM. Reason: insult removed

BANNED

As long as Superman is portrayed as a daunting juggernaut with a heart of gold, I'm good.

It was awesome to see how hard he flew down after Batman's threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    As long as Superman is portrayed as a daunting juggernaut with a heart of gold, I'm good.

It was awesome to see how hard he flew down after Batman's threat.
    I just hope he doesn't get beat up by Batfleck. That would really kill any momentum Superman had, If there was any left.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I'm thinking Diana will at least play a role in ending the conflict between Supes and Bats. She may not be the exclusive reason it ends, but I think she'll play a role. It might be as simple as having her show up with evidence of Luthor's nefarious activities. We know she's supposed to be infiltrating Lexcorp. Maybe she's the one who shows Bruce that he's being duped.

I very much doubt she'll come down on one side or the other. If she does, then I don't see how this conflict can continue. She would shift the balance of power too far in favor of which side she takes. Batman can't possibly fight Diana AND Clark. Likewise, Superman will be hard-pressed to fight off both Diana and Bruce.

Nah. One way or the other, I imagine Diana will be instrumental in getting Clark and Bruce to work together.
    I love that idea. Diana is the ambassador of peace after all. If anyone could stop the fight and convice the two to work together, it would be her.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I just hope he doesn't get beat up by Batfleck. That would really kill any momentum Superman had, If there was any left.
    That's is what I'm afraid of. It would really hurt Supes.

BANNED

I'm okay with him being roughed up by Batman as long as it falls in line with how powerful he's supposed to be.

This will likely be the movie that kryptonite gets introduced so Batman can have a chance. I could see how Superman would be blindsided enough by such an unknown factor to make things competitive.

But just straight up Bat-suit vs Superman? No. Don't give me all this "most powerful man in the world" and "absolute power corrupts absolutely" stuff just to have one rich dude in a suit go toe-to-toe with him as if that's all it takes.

I'm okay with him being roughed up by Batman as long as it falls in line with how powerful he's supposed to be.

This will likely be the movie that kryptonite gets introduced so Batman can have a chance. I could see how Superman would be blindsided enough by such an unknown factor to make things competitive.

But just straight up Bat-suit vs Superman? No. Don't give me all this "most powerful man in the world" and "absolute power corrupts absolutely" stuff just to have one rich dude in a suit go toe-to-toe with him as if that's all it takes.
    What do you mean? That he gets up and be like " this is nothing"? Sure I could see getting blindsided, but not beaten.

BANNED

What do you mean? That he gets up and be like " this is nothing"? Sure I could see getting blindsided, but not beaten.
    For me it all hinges on how potent the writer wants kryptonite's affects to be.

In MOS when Superman was on Zod's ship he was on his knees spitting up blood before falling unconscious without anybody even trying to hurt him. If similar affects were placed on an unsuspecting Superman while he was fighting a Batman in souped-up battle armor... I could see how he would believably lose.

If Superman were portrayed as dominating the battle in a manner similar to this...

... before Batman whips out the kryptonite to make the battle competitive at least it would fall in line with Superman's presentation.

Don't get me wrong, ideally I'd like Superman to win the fight even with kryptonite in play, while Batman gets the pyrrhic victory of pushing Superman to the limit. If nothing else to show the world that for all his power, he's still called Superman for a reason.

Reminds me of a quote from Iron Man 2 and to a lesser extent Rocky IV.

Ivan Vanko: [to Iron Man about his loss] "If you could make God bleed, people would cease to believe in Him."

Duke: [to Rocky after hurting Drago] "He's worried! You cut him! You hurt him! You see? You see? He's not a machine, he's a man!"
    Last edited by Lax; 04-20-2015 at 12:55 AM.

For me it all hinges on how potent the writer wants kryptonite's affects to be.

In MOS when Superman was on Zod's ship he was on his knees spitting up blood before falling unconscious without anybody even trying to hurt him. If similar affects were placed on an unsuspecting Superman while he was fighting a Batman in souped-up battle armor... I could see how he would believably lose.

If Superman were portrayed as dominating the battle in a manner similar to this...

... before Batman whips out the kryptonite to make the battle competitive at least it would fall in line with Superman's presentation.

Don't get me wrong, ideally I'd like Superman to win the fight even with kryptonite in play, while Batman gets the pyrrhic victory of pushing Superman to the limit. If nothing else to show the world that for all his power, he's still called Superman for a reason.

Reminds me of a quote from Iron Man 2 and to a lesser extent Rocky IV.

Ivan Vanko: [to Iron Man about his loss] "If you could make God bleed, people would cease to believe in Him."

Duke: [to Rocky after hurting Drago] "He's worried! You cut him! You hurt him! You see? You see? He's not a machine, he's a man!"
    So you want Batman to make Superman bleed? If there is anyone that should do any of this, shouldn't it be Lex? All of this will just be fuel to the rabid Batman fanboys.

BANNED

So you want Batman to make Superman bleed? If there is anyone that should do any of this, shouldn't it be Lex? All of this will just be fuel to the rabid Batman fanboys.
    I want to see Superman portrayed as impressively as he's supposed to be, but at the same time I acknowledge that it's Batman's movie as well. Thus I can't reasonably expect Superman to be the only one who is impressive during their clash, such is the curse of having a co-star.