Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Multiverse ideas

If DC ever decides to expand it's multiverse beyond the 52, what ideas would you like to see incorporated into the multiverse? If you could design the multiverse, what concepts would you come up with?

Here are some of mine:

Realistic Earth: There are no super powered beings here. It's only comprised of non-powered heroes like Batman, Green Arrow, non-powered Canary, maybe Wildcat, and every other non-powered hero in the DC pantheon.

90's Earth: The heroes here are all nineties versions. Mullet-married Superman, Tim Drake Robin, Kyle Rayner Green Lantern, Wally West Flash, yellow oval Batman, Conner Hawk Green Arrow, Oracle Barbara Gordon, Watchtower on the moon, etc.

Pre-Crisis Earth: This is the world that might have existed had the Crisis never come about. Superman was a flying super-baby who grew into Superboy and was a member of the Legion as a kid, Dick Grayson is still a member of the Teen Titans, so is Cyborg, Donna Troy and Starfire, possibly a Jason Todd Robin, Batman is leader of The Outsiders, the Justice League is comprised of Vibe, Vixen, Gypsy, Zattana, Steel, and the roster circa 1985, Clark Kent is a broadcaster for Galaxy Communications and so is Lois and Lana, and the original Kara Zor-El is still alive.

Golden Age Earth: On this Earth, Superman can only leap an 1/8th of a mile, Batman drives a red roadster and has no Robin, and the most powerful beings are Alan Scott Green Lantern, the Spectre, Dr. Fate, and Zattara the magician. Technology is stuck sometime in the late '30's or early '40's.

Banned Earth: On this Earth, super-beings are outlawed due to a massive explosion that destroyed a major city. Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, all went into forced "retirement". Batman never retired but was eventually killed trying to get away from the super-human task force designed to enforce the ban on super-heroes.

I could do this all night but those are the ones that interest me the most. What ideas would you like to see if any more worlds are added to the multiverse?

Titans Earth: Sort of like the Young Justice Earth in that the JLA's sidekicks got together to form their own team under their mentors' watchful eyes — right up until a cataclysmic event permanently took the JLA out of the picture and left their protégés to pick up the pieces. Now, the Titans are the world's premier superteam as they strive to honor the memories of their mentors. Put another way: it's like the world of the Just, populated by heroes from the 90s; but instead of the central concept being “they lead shallow, meaningless lives because their mentors did too good of a job”, the central concept is “they’re having to cope with being thrust into the spotlight before they're ready.”
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Gimmick earth: en earth where every horrible idea to shock the readers is the permanent status quo here: electric blue Superman, Azbats, teenage Atom, Dark Flash, Supergirl Cir-El, Hyppolyta as Wonder Woman, Spectre Jordan, red skin Beast boy, among others, doesn't matter which era the original idea was used (but most came from the 90's). It would be an earth radically different in the visual aspect, at least.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 04-17-2015 at 10:20 AM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Amazing Member

The Legion Earth
    drawn and written by Keith Giffen , plotted by Tom and Mary Bierbaum.

The Legion are now adults , in a dark , war infested universe.
    having to find there inspiration again. They pull Superman through , but also coming through is Batman , who starts to lead a faction if the heros.

90's Earth: kon el, Nightwing, Donna Troy, Kyle Rayner Green Lantern, Wally West Flash, Conner Hawke Green Arrow, Arthur Joseph Curry, Golden Eagle, etc.

Pre-Crisis Earth 1: Satellite Era JLA of Gerry Conway.

Golden Age Earth 2: Legacy JSA : Power girl, Huntress, Jesse Quick, Jade, Lyta Trevor Fury, Crispus Allen Spectre, Kent V Nelson Dr. Fate, Silver Scarab, Northwind, rick tyler, Atom Smasher, sandy hawkins, jakeem thunder, cyclone, etc.

Banned Earth: On this Earth, super-beings are outlawed. Eradicator, azrael, artemis, guy gardner, dark flash, etc.

gimmick earth : superman blue, armored bruce wayne, god of truth wonder woman, one with the speed force barry allen, parallax, etc.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 04-17-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Gimmick earth: en earth where every horrible idea to shock the readers is the permanent status quo here: electric blue Superman, Azbats, teenage Atom, Dark Flash, Supergirl Cir-El, Hyppolyta as Wonder Woman, Spectre Jordan, red skin Beast boy, among others, doesn't matter which era the original idea was used (but most came from the 90's). It would be an earth radically different in the visual aspect, at least.
    If you stick with the 90s gimmick theme, just call it Earth Xtreme!

Add:
    AZbat
    Parallax
    Hook-hand Aquaman
    Artemis WW
    Lobo
    Eye-patch gun toting Green Arrow.

Make sure everyone has extra pouches. straps, giant shoulder-pads, mullets and ponytails.
    Everyone is insane, with broken backs, giant guns, and killing each-other for pure shock! , but can regenerate from a drop of blood, so it's the bloodiest book on the planet!
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-12-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    If you stick with the 90s theme, just call it Earth Xtreme!

Add
    AZbat
    Parallax
    Hook-hand Aquaman
    Artemis WW
    Lobo
    Eye-patch gun toting Green Arrow.

Make sure everyone has extra pouches. straps, giant shoulder-pads, mullets and ponytails.
    Everyone is insane, with broken backs, giant guns, and killing each-other for pure shock! , but can regenerate from a drop of blood, so it's the bloodiest book on the planet!
    Somebody do this one please! Bonus points if it's completely self-aware of what it is!

I like all of these! And now I'm beginning to wonder why the Titans Earth was never made into an Elseworlds!

JSA Earth: the Golden Age era of this world is like what superduperman describes for his Golden Age Earth; but that's only the beginning. This world has a history of heroics stretching from 1940 to the present. Up until approximately 1955, the timeline of this world corresponds closely to pre-Crisis Earth-2[1][2][3][4]; but sometime in the late 50s, the JSA reunites to stop the menace of Mechanique. In the cataclysm that follows, Central City disappears with the JSA and their loved ones in it, and the Golden Age draws to a close.

The Golden Age is followed by an interregnum when history mostly goes quiet until 35 years ago, when the Silver Age dawns with the debut of the Young All-Stars. On their first adventure, the Young All-Stars find the time-lost Central City and help the JSA defeat Mechanique. The JSA goes back into semi-retirement, though they occasionally help out the Young All-Stars when circumstances warrant it. History continues for the JSA and other Golden Age heroes and their legacies more or less as published (with the Young All-Stars standing in for the Justice League where necessary) right up to the Flashpoint.

[NOTE: Mechanique and the Young All-Stars were post-Crisis patch-jobs. I'm keeping them in that role; but instead of using them to patch the JSA into the Earth One timeline, I'm using them to fill in the holes caused by tearing out all things Earth-One-based from the JSA's history, and to insert a time skip that allows the JSA to have originated in the 40s and still be active today.]
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 04-17-2015 at 07:25 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.

BANNED

I would create an earth where all DC characters are re-imagined in a Game of Thrones-esque world.

Valiant Earth: Analogues of various Valiant characters.

An earth where Batman and Green Arrow are mercenaries that hunt down and kill metahumans for The Wall.

Tarantino Earth: Imagine if the DC universe played out like a Quentin Tarantino film.

I don't like the idea of a thousand Earths with the same characters. For me it would be:
    Earth 1: Mainstream characters like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc
    Earth 2: Wildstorm characters
    Earth 3: Crime Syndicate
    Earth 4: Charlton Comics characters
    Earth 5: Marvel family
    Earth 6: Milestone characters
    Earth 7: Quality Comics characters

Nitpick: the Crime Syndicate is no more distinct from the mainstream characters than the Justice Society is — less so, in fact. I'm not against there being thousands of “echoes” that have different takes on the same characters; but I can definitely see your point. You might want to check out my alternate Multiverse idea for a more in-depth exposition on my thoughts on the subject.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Authority JLA : Apollo, jenny quantum, engineer, void, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Hawkman, Zatanna, Firestorm, vixen, Captain Atom, Nightshade, Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle, Ray, demon, zauriel, etc.

Age Swap Earth, With the premier team the Justice Titans, led by Kara Zor-El Superwoman, and their youthful counterparts the Teen League, with Clark Kent Superboy.

My problem with Age-Swap Earth, Gender-Swap Earth, Morality-Swap Earth, etc. is that they're all too rigid: because they echo the Earth they're based on so closely, they're only any good when used to hold a mirror up to that Earth. They don't get to develop as their own thing. Even Elseworlds such as Gotham by Gaslight and Kingdom Come are set up to tell their own stories; whereas I suspect that the upcoming Convergence issue featuring Earth Three may be the first story about the Crime Syndicate that I've ever read that doesn't pit them up against the Justice League.
    Rogue wears rouge.