Page 6 of 324 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Read Daredevil #179 again last night. I can remember the first time reading that issue and being like "OH that's why they were talking about Ben Urich's smoking so much!"

Such an intense ending and a huge cliffhanger. Still one of my favorite single issues to this day!
    That was one of my favorite Miller issues.
    We need better comics

I remember being shocked and saddened reading this issue, too, because Ben Urich has got to be one of my favorite non-superhero comic book characters. He seems like the kind of guy you'd like to hang out with; really loyal and dedicated, very well-articulated and intelligent, and more than likely full of good stories to tell about life.

Of course, he was fine but at the time I was shocked!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I remember being shocked and saddened reading this issue, too, because Ben Urich has got to be one of my favorite non-superhero comic book characters. He seems like the kind of guy you'd like to hang out with; really loyal and dedicated, very well-articulated and intelligent, and more than likely full of good stories to tell about life.
    VERY loyal. This guy had the scoop of a lifetime (DD's identity) and instead of reporting it, he kept it to himself.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Of course, he was fine but at the time I was shocked!
    So was I. Back then, death usually meant dead. Or at least for more than six months. I thought he could very well die
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

FAVORITE WRITER: FRANK MILLER
    FAVORITE ARTIST: DAVID MAZZUCCHELLI (BORN AGAIN) and LEE WEEKS (THE FALL OF KINGPIN)
    FAVORITE COVER:
    DD & MT.JPG
    dd & bw.JPG
    Hands down.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

FAVORITE TEAM-UP:
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    VERY loyal. This guy had the scoop of a lifetime (DD's identity) and instead of reporting it, he kept it to himself.
    That's why I want to see his reaction to Matt coming out, has Waid even used him so far in his run?
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    FAVORITE ARTIST: DAVID MAZZUCCHELLI (BORN AGAIN) and LEE WEEKS (THE FALL OF KINGPIN)
    FAVORITE COVER:
    DD & MT.JPG
    dd & bw.JPG
    Hands down.
    I want to read the Nocenti stuff so bad but I can't seem to find anything anywhere. I'm guessing you didn't like Kevin Smith's Black Widow lol
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I want to read the Nocenti stuff so bad but I can't seem to find anything anywhere. I'm guessing you didn't like Kevin Smith's Black Widow lol
    Black Widow the babysitter?

No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I want to read the Nocenti stuff so bad but I can't seem to find anything anywhere.
    I'm thinking that, if we're patient, it'll get the Epic Collection treatment, seeing as they're at LEAST collecting Daredevil up through 332 ("Fall from Grace") in that format. Man, my bookshelf is gonna look sweet when it's filled with ~18 volumes of Daredevil Epic Collection goodness -- Stan Lee through "FfG" at minimum!

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    FAVORITE COVER:
    DD & MT.JPG
    dd & bw.JPG
    Hands down.
    Good choices! But you picked two artists and covers... THAT'S CHEATIN'