Page 215 of 324 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 4858
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Has anyone ever read Daredevil 264 (Baby Boom).

Ann Nocenti talks about it a little bit Here. In the video, her recollection isn't great and she mistakenly says it was a Spider-Man issue, not a Daredevil issue. Supposedly, the whole thing with the baby is a metaphor.

So I have to ask this question: Does anyone get the metaphor? It honestly feels like one of the stranger stories I've read and that part feels the least metaphorical of all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    And it's absolutely GORGEOUS to look at.
    Sure, but Marquez's art was gorgeous in Civil War II and that only went so far.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 01-29-2018 at 07:13 PM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Last edited by Nanashi; 01-31-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Has anyone ever read Daredevil 264 (Baby Boom).

Ann Nocenti talks about it a little bit Here. In the video, her recollection isn't great and she mistakenly says it was a Spider-Man issue, not a Daredevil issue. Supposedly, the whole thing with the baby is a metaphor.

So I have to ask this question: Does anyone get the metaphor? It honestly feels like one of the stranger stories I've read and that part feels the least metaphorical of all of it.

I read it a while back and also thought it a strange issue. But then I found Nocenti to be confusing at times as she likes to throw in various Christian beliefs mixed with liberal thoughts and what comes out at times is quite a headache. But that's my opinion.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chill Murray View Post
    I've just read through all of the current Defenders and I have to ask, why are people not enjoying this book? For me the inclusion of all the mobsters, DD's reveal and the stuff with The Punisher are all really entertaining. I think the writing is well done, with some really great scenes, and as someone who has never encountered Diamondback before I think he's a great character in this scenario. It's nice to get dark and gritty, which I think in the current Marvel lineup is rare.
    Other than the Netflix show, this has been my favorite DD run since Brubaker left.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

He returns next week with 598!
    Last edited by Nanashi; 01-30-2018 at 08:23 PM.

I really don't understand why Spider-man and Daredevil friendship is being push. For me it doesn't work any more to much have been change and the chemistry between them seam to have been lost after OMD. Either PP and MM needs to be friends or at least play with one of them knowing the other identity. But then again I'm bias here since PP isn't a character I can enjoy to read post OMD (probably even after Past Sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    I really don't understand why Spider-man and Daredevil friendship is being push. For me it doesn't work any more to much have been change and the chemistry between them seam to have been lost after OMD. Either PP and MM needs to be friends or at least play with one of them knowing the other identity. But then again I'm bias here since PP isn't a character I can enjoy to read post OMD (probably even after Past Sins.
    They're not BEST friends but they always have each other's back when the need arises.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    They're not BEST friends but they always have each other's back when the need arises.
    Yeah it's not like they hang out, but they have no problem working together when they need to and get along well enough to do it

Anyone get Defenders today? Anything good?

Yeah it's not like they hang out, but they have no problem working together when they need to and get along well enough to do it
    Which is is my point. Back in the day they had one of the best Superhero friendships. The knew each other identities. They had each others back but privately and as heroes. All that is gone so there is no real reason to push the friendship.

Which is is my point. Back in the day they had one of the best Superhero friendships. The knew each other identities. They had each others back but privately and as heroes. All that is gone so there is no real reason to push the friendship.
    Well I don't think it's really being pushed as much as the circumstances in the city that Matt is in currently calls for all the street level heroes to squad up so to speak. Matt just recently revealed himself to the other 3 Defenders... so perhaps working more with Spider-Man post-Secret Wars will lead to that again. I always love when they work together.

Significant changes have happened to both characters independent of each other since then so their relationship, while still strong, would naturally not be exactly what it used to be way back when.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 01-31-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Significant changes have happened to both characters independent of each other since then so their relationship, while still strong, would, today, naturally not be exactly what it used to way back when.
    Right, exactly. And I would love for it to get back to that point at some time in the future.