Page 24 of 324 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Exclamation Contending with Devils

There's been a fair bit of talk about pitting Marvel heroes against American horror film icons/characters such as Leatherface and Pinhead.

Maybe it's because in recent years, comic book cross-over storyboarding has become more and more popular, and video games reflect this trend.

I can totally see referential stories of our man Daredevil (Marvel Comics) contending with the likes of Leatherface:

"Daredevil lures Leatherface into a swamp where it is difficult for the brutish maniac to chase him around while carrying that heavy chainsaw. Daredevil manages to reach a ravine in the swamp and when Leatherface dives into the ravine to chase Daredevil who is swimming away, the hero manages to cross to the other bank of the swamp, while Leatherface is attacked by crocodiles. This only proves that Daredevil is willing to wrestle with super-freaks."

Halloween Horror-Superhero Mash-Up

dd.jpg

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Amazon now has the details of what's in the Daredevil Epic Collection: Widow's Kiss Paperback:

The return of a legend...and the end of an era! Gene "the Dean" Colan draws Daredevil once again, as Mr. Fear launches his latest campaign of terror! But when Matt comes between his angry ex-love Black Widow and evil mutant Omega Red, he will feel more than the Widow's bite - what deadly game is the Avenger playing? And DD meets DP when Deadpool comes a-calling, but will Typhoid Mary make it an unholy love triangle? And what does it all mean for Deuce the Devil-Dog? Plus, flash back to Matt Murdock's college years, as he meets Foggy Nelson for the first time! And how - and why - has Matt regained his sight?! Daredevil's first series hurtles to a finish, and it's going to end with a bang!
    COLLECTING: Daredevil (1964) 365-380, -1; Daredevil /Deadpool Annual '97 (Daredevil Epic Collection Vol. 21)

This is good news as it rounds of Volume 1 (1964).

this month, Marvel is releaseing a new edition of marked for murder, which collects the 8 episodes Frank Miller drew without being the writer.

Nice find Raffi

Some positive reviews have started popping up online

http://screencrush.com/netflix-daredevil-review/

I love this quote

It’s everything Nolan’s Batman never had time to explore, and everything Arrow wishes it could be
    We need better comics

"Rise of the First Defender" tv spot. Kind of on the nose in the same vein of "First Avenger"...

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Nice find Raffi

Some positive reviews have started popping up online

http://screencrush.com/netflix-daredevil-review/

I love this quote

It’s everything Nolan’s Batman never had time to explore, and everything Arrow wishes it could be.
    Yeah, nice quote. I'm a massive Nolan Dark Knight fan, so looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    Looking good!

Extraordinary Member

Cannot wait for this, will be Marvel's TV gem.

All-New Member

Me neither! I'm kind of glad it comes out Friday, in the middle of my work week. I won't be able to binge watch it all in one go, haha.

Anybody reading Daredevil comics in anticipation of next weeks debut?

I just read the miniseries Daredevil: Redemption, which I enjoyed a lot. I think it is one of the first Daredevil stories I bought. That or Bendis' Decalogue. Reading Guardian Devil now, and then I think it will be the Murdock Files and Brubaker's run.

7 days to go!
    Last edited by OcStat; 04-05-2015 at 12:21 PM. Reason: "Guardian Angel" = I'm dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
    Me neither! I'm kind of glad it comes out Friday, in the middle of my work week. I won't be able to binge watch it all in one go, haha.

I just read the miniseries Daredevil: Redemption, which I enjoyed a lot. I think it is one of the first Daredevil stories I bought. That or Bendis' Decalogue. Reading Guardian Angel now, and then I think it will be the Murdock Files and Brubaker's run.

7 days to go!
    I read The Man Without Fear yesterday on my way home from work
    We need better comics

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OcStat View Post

I just read the miniseries Daredevil: Redemption, which I enjoyed a lot. I think it is one of the first Daredevil stories I bought. That or Bendis' Decalogue. Reading Guardian Angel now, and then I think it will be the Murdock Files and Brubaker's run.

7 days to go!
    Yep. I've read Love and War and Yellow last week and Daredevil Noir and the first hardcover of Waid's run this week. Anybody got some good mini I could read next?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

So how bad was Shadowland? Sounds like an interesting story on paper but it does not have the best reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yep. I've read Love and War and Yellow last week and Daredevil Noir and the first hardcover of Waid's run this week. Anybody got some good mini I could read next?
    Read the first three issues of Daredevil: Dark Nights if you haven't already. The remaining five issues are pretty bland, but the first three issues written and drawn by Lee Weeks comprise one of the best, more traditional Daredevil stories I've read in years.

Daredevil: Battlin' Jack Murdock is also great, although it's more about Jack than Matt, obviously. Still very relevant, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    So how bad was Shadowland? Sounds like an interesting story on paper but it does not have the best reputation.
    It would have been a lot better had the arc just been contained to the regular Daredevil ongoing and not stretched out to a full-blown event. The concept itself was sound, but in the end it was too decompressed and spread out over too many tie-ins for it to be good. I kind of feel sorry for Andy Diggle, because I think his run on the title would have been remembered in a much better light had editorial likely not thrust the idea of a Daredevil event onto him for this storyline.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Read the first three issues of Daredevil: Dark Nights if you haven't already. The remaining five issues are pretty bland, but the first three issues written and drawn by Lee Weeks comprise one of the best, more traditional Daredevil stories I've read in years.

Daredevil: Battlin' Jack Murdock is also great, although it's more about Jack than Matt, obviously. Still very relevant, however.

It would have been a lot better had the arc just been contained to the regular Daredevil ongoing and not stretched out to a full-blown event. The concept itself was sound, but in the end it was too decompressed and spread out over too many tie-ins for it to be good. I kind of feel sorry for Andy Diggle, because I think his run on the title would have been remembered in a much better light had editorial likely not thrust the idea of a Daredevil event onto him for this storyline.
    Thanks! I read Dark Nights #1 just now and it is amazing! If it keeps this level of awesomeness it is definitely a huge hidden gem in Daredevil history. Thanks man
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

The Battlin' Jack mini series really is a good read. I very rarely see it mentioned. It's a cool little boxing/crime story featuring a young version of the real star. It's just good entertainment.