Page 266 of 324 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 4858
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's a secret back story about the guy Matt rescued in the accident that caused his blindness and what he did after Matt rescued him.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I see thanks I'm gonna try to find the tpb for cheap or read it on Comixology and see what's this secret back story is. I just hope this guy is not some kind of monster because if that's the case that would be messed up and question everything Matt did that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's a secret back story about the guy Matt rescued in the accident that caused his blindness and what he did after Matt rescued him.
    Do you mind sharing what happens? Or however much you can recall?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 04-24-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I see thanks I'm gonna try to find the tpb for cheap or read it on Comixology and see what's this secret back story is. I just hope this guy is not some kind of monster because if that's the case that would be messed up and question everything Matt did that day.
    You can read it on Marvel Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Do you mind sharing what happens? Or however much you can recall?
    Yeah, sure. I'm only spoiling the ending because I'd have to refresh my memory on the rest and don't really want to do that.

spoilers:

So the villain of the story is a woman named Maggie. It's a bit of a mystery that she's actually the villain since she starts off seemingly sympathetic. Turns out she's the daughter of the old man Matt rescued in the accident that blinded him. The last words she says to Daredevil are "My father used to diddle me."
    end of spoilers

Part of the shame is the story comes from a good place. Here's what Joe Quesada wrote about it:

"Having lived in NYC during the Son of Sam killings, that was definitely an inspiration, but the entirety of the five issues was written at my father's bedside as he was passing away from emphysema," Quesada stated. "It was a very trying time and as he laid there in the hospital I just typed and typed, cried a bit, but mostly smiled as I was reliving our time together in my mind's eye all the while. From childhood to adult, I was flooded with memories and how instrumental my father was in where I was today. All these things found themselves into 'Father.'"
    But I'm not sure how it ends up where it does or why.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 04-24-2018 at 07:49 PM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

You can read it on Marvel Unlimited.

Yeah, sure. I'm only spoiling the ending because I'd have to refresh my memory on the rest and don't really want to do that.

spoilers:

So the villain of the story is a woman named Maggie. It's a bit of a mystery that she's actually the villain since she starts off seemingly sympathetic. Turns out she's the daughter of the old man Matt rescued in the accident that blinded him. The last words she says to Daredevil are "My father used to diddle me."
    end of spoilers

Part of the shame is the story comes from a good place. Here's what Joe Quesada wrote about it:

Thanks. Apropos the spoilers, wow, WTF! Haha That's awful.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

spoilers:

end of spoilers

Yes, that ending really put a dampener on things. There were some moving moments between Matt and his Dad where you could see that Quesada was really feeling things, but they couldn't really save this story.

GUARDIAN OF HELL'S KITCHEN by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA:

DAREDEVIL BY MIKE HENDERSON:

WATERCOLOUR COMMISSION OF DAREDEVIL by ALEX MALEEV:

These are so gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DAREDEVIL BY MIKE HENDERSON:
    I saw this one when he posted it. Said something about it being a commission for a con. It would be really cool to run into him at NYCC later this year and have one done. I was really impressed with how his work looked in print (#601)

Daredevil appears in Hunt for Wolverine out today.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Daredevil appears in Hunt for Wolverine out today.
    Thanks for the heads up. It is more a one panel cameo or does he get a page or two?

Ok. I actually just finished Hunt For Wolverine and aside from a David Marquez' first half which showcased some cool action I can't say I cared for it all that much. It was fine, but when the art unfortunately changed to whatever that was my interest diminished to nil. Marquez seems to have to been all that kept me around. With what's going on in DD at the moment, I have to say it felt odd that he'd be perched on a gargoyle with enough to time to go searching for Wolverine's whereabouts.

Even more so, this feels so out of place for DD. I don't know that he's had enough history with the X-Men or Kitty or even Wolverine that he'd be her go-to before anyone else outside the x-teams. It does not seem logical at all. Tony Stark isn't much better despite having served with Wolverine on the Avengers. DD and Tony feel very out of place given that this is such a X-Men centric problem that hasn't been shown to require help outside the X-Men themselves, markedly considering the people and resources they have themselves.

This doesn't seem to have been much more than set up for the various mini series about finding Wolverine and I'm not sold. Or rather, the set up wasn't convincing enough for me to believe DD or Tony would have enough interest to set aside they're own goings to undertake this.

In any case, I wasn't interested in Wolverines return before and this doesn't help in making that story or any of the numerous mini series spinning (with exception to Weapons Lost and then only due to DD, Soule, and Buffagni) all that much more appealing since the set up for including the likes of DD and Tony Stark is so flimsy. But Weapons Lost is out next week so we'll see out how that goes on it's own. Perhaps that story will have a decent rational for pulling in so many disparate and foreign characters to a problem that does necessitate or warrant their inclusion because Hunt For Wolverine did not. Plus that huge drop off in art after Marquez pages was very huge detrimental to the enjoyment of the rest of the issue.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 04-25-2018 at 12:30 PM.

It's surprising how entertaining it can be to plan these things out if you're a fan.

I think it's one of the worst Daredevil stories ever written. When someone points out what was written in tiny print towards the end of the story (which I couldn't read myself), it nearly retroactively ruined everything about Daredevil. It's just a dumb, ugly, joyless story. The fact his motivation for the story came from such a good place makes it all the more tragic.

It's been a LONG time since I read that one... but I do recall between that and Redemption... and maybe Ninja came out right about the same time we were swimming in DD minis... Father and Redemption cured me of being a DD completest. For the most part. I still stuck with the main series for WAY too many issues that I outright Hated during the Bendis run.

Always with the hopes and dream it would get better...