Page 276 of 324 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 4858

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's interesting. I started buying the Daredevil issues not collected in other trades. I think the first ones I bought in floppies that was collected elsewhere were #297-300. The Last Rites storyline was collected in an out of print trade called Fall of the Kingpin, but it was cheaper to buy in individual issues. Then I noticed that I was getting very close to getting everything in Volume One post-Miller.

What really convinced me that I should be getting all the Miller books in floppy was a book called "Frank Miller's Daredevil and the Ends of Heroism." That book does a lot to make me realize that he brought a lot in terms of page layout and design, including focusing on the page turn that can get absolutely butchered in trade. The biggest example is #191. That's the Russian roulette issue with Bullseye. The second to last page has Daredevil pull the trigger the final time. In the comic, you have to turn past four full pages of ads to get the the reveal that the gun was empty. In trade, it's not even a page turn. There are also issues of pages designed to parallel each other, but not shown on the same page. I finally decided it was easier to just get the originals.

It's not that it's impossible to find, but the cheapest I found was about 80 bucks. $1.50 would be nice since it feels like $10-15 is normal for the rest.
    Yep! I paid $10.00 for 178 and I think I paid $10 for the death of Electra too.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Netflix's Elektra by Varsha Vijayan

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    It's another year of one of the best runs on the character and in comics altogether! Jump back in now!
    One of the best runs in comics altogether? That's a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Ugh. It looks like I'll have to wait another year to get back to the DD books.
    I know what you're saying, and I'm not saying I hate the current run, but I've been wanting a change in the creative team for some time. Hopefully it gets better, or we get a new writer come 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man Without Beer View Post
    One of the best runs in comics altogether? That's a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think?

I know what you're saying, and I'm not saying I hate the current run, but I've been wanting a change in the creative team for some time. Hopefully it gets better, or we get a new writer come 2019.
    No exaggeration, no, especially currently.

No exaggeration, no, especially currently.
    Glad you guys enjoy it so much

On another note, I am intrigued that we are going to see Maggie again. Hopefully we'll see more of DD's supporting cast in the near future.

I took me some time to warm up to Soule's run, but I like what he's doing now.

That said, and even though I will never tell someone what to think about their comics, I'm really surprised to read that this is one of the best runs in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I took me some time to warm up to Soule's run, but I like what he's doing now.

That said, and even though I will never tell someone what to think about their comics, I'm really surprised to read that this is one of the best runs in comics.
    So far, to me, it most definitely is.

Lest anyone is interested, here are some pics from Daredevil season 3 set. Check out what outfit Matt ISN'T wearing!

https://twitter.com/arunkk200001/sta...383415808?s=21

Lest anyone is interested, here are some pics from Daredevil season 3 set. Check out what outfit Matt ISN'T wearing!

Interesting!! Do you think this is a flashback ?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Interesting!! Do you think this is a flashback ?
    I doubt it. More than likely that abomination of a DD suit he's been wearing since the final episode of season one is either in tatters or lost after the end of Defenders so he's, thankfully, going back to basics.

KEEP IT FOR THE WHOLE SEASON! Please

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    KEEP IT FOR THE WHOLE SEASON! Please
    Hahaha Please!

Incredible Member

Just to comment on the recent discussion, I too started my "quest" several years back to try and collect every DD issue (main series at least) that's been released ever since he quickly became one of my fave characters in comics. Lets just say that I am extremely happy about the Epic line that's been going for a few years now considering there's that major gap after the Miller run that would have left me poor after searching out used copies.

I'm not really caught up on the recent comics though as I would like to read everything in order but it's cool to see that DD gets this much discussion around here.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Just to comment on the recent discussion, I too started my "quest" several years back to try and collect every DD issue (main series at least) that's been released ever since he quickly became one of my fave characters in comics. Lets just say that I am extremely happy about the Epic line that's been going for a few years now considering there's that major gap after the Miller run that would have left me poor after searching out used copies.

I'm not really caught up on the recent comics though as I would like to read everything in order but it's cool to see that DD gets this much discussion around here.
    Welcome! You really don’t have to know a whole lot of back story to enjoy the current series, so don’t let that turn you away from a great on-going series!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Welcome! You really don’t have to know a whole lot of back story to enjoy the current series, so don’t let that turn you away from a great on-going series!
    Yes! The story arc story at present, Mayor Murdock, just started last month with issue 601 and 602 is out tomorrow and it's been superb. Now is as good a time as any to jump on!