Page 229 of 324 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 4858

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Muse has continued to be impressive. He's got a wonderful manic menace about him. There's also a great ad for Daredevil #600 that wonderfully parallels the cover for the original Daredevil #1.

This issue of Defenders might be the most Bendis issue of anything I've ever read. There are some moments early on in the dialogue that feel directly lifted from his Daredevil run. Overall, this felt like a relatively dull, talkey issue. I'm not even necessarily worrying about Daredevil screentime, he's got his own book, but the whole thing fell flat.
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Muse has been excellent. The outcome of what happened to Sam is a little worrisome. But he's been a great third party in this Daredevil/Mayor Fisk arc.

You're right about Daredevil not getting as much screen time in Defenders, but having his own book. Still, I would have liked to see more of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Same here on Muse.
    Agreed as well. He makes for an interesting adversary for Matt.

The art is STILL NOT doing it for me - the new DD suit either. Matt and Fisk talk a lot but pretty much just say the same. Blindspot talking to his sister was unmoving too. BUT: I echo everyone's praise of Muse a top tier villain in the making. The cover was good. The opening power showing searching the sensory datascape was beyond impressive. Blindspot's failed rematch with Muse was excellent. And the surprise last page appearances would make the next issue worth getting even if it wasn't the big 600.

608900._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Defenders wasn't as bad or disappointing as I anticipated. Brief but good action, beautiful art, and an interesting end and maybe set up? I think what The Hood was planning could possibly be that looming threat to NY that's suppose come forth in DD. The Hood and his people were seemingly outgunned and outnumbered by the Defenders and all those other heroes and since the series leaves the outcome of that standoff on a cliffhanger they very well may have escaped or at the very least attempted escape if any among them are prudent enough. With The Hoods magic it's even more likely that he could have teleported himself or the lot of them elsewhere.

All that that being good and well, it was disheartening knowing what it was originally promised to be. I still would have loved to see Marquez give DD the spectacular Iron Fist/Elektra fight treatment and have DD cut loose and destroy some bad guys. Ah, well. Despite that, I can't say this was a bad issue. It had its moments. And Marquez draws a beautiful Felica Hardy.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-21-2018 at 09:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

MK, BP and DD by Lee Oaks:

Defenders wasn't as bad or disappointing as I anticipated. Brief but good action, beautiful art, and an interesting end and maybe set up? I think what The Hood was planning could possibly be that looming threat to NY that's suppose come forth in DD. The Hood and his people were seemingly outgunned and outnumbered by the Defenders and all those other heroes and since the series leaves the outcome of that standoff on a cliffhanger they very well may have escaped or at the very least attempted escape if any among them are prudent enough. With The Hoods magic it's even more likely that he could have teleported himself or the lot of them elsewhere.

All that that being good and well, it was disheartening knowing what it was originally promised to be. I still would have loved to see Marquez give DD the spectacular Iron Fist/Elektra fight treatment and have DD cut loose and destroy some bad guys. Ah, well. Despite that, I can't say this was a bad issue. It had its moments. And Marquez draws a beautiful Felica Hardy.
    Agreed on the Hood and Defenders issue on the whole. Still disappointed we didn't get more DD in the series, but the action throughout the series was pretty decent I'd say. I definitely believe the Hood arc will carry over into Daredevil and I'm very excited for that. I wouldn't be opposed to some of those characters who appeared on the final page of Defenders to lend a hand in Daredevil too. Could be a good chance to really put the book on display.

I dropped Defenders fairly quick, it seemed to be a cash grab since the TV show was out. Not even my love for Daredevil and Iron Fist could get me on board. Also, not including his Daredevil run I am not really a fan of Bendis.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Agreed on the Hood and Defenders issue on the whole. Still disappointed we didn't get more DD in the series, but the action throughout the series was pretty decent I'd say. I definitely believe the Hood arc will carry over into Daredevil and I'm very excited for that. I wouldn't be opposed to some of those characters who appeared on the final page of Defenders to lend a hand in Daredevil too. Could be a good chance to really put the book on display.
    I don't see any reason to believe Charles Soule will specifically continue Bendis's plot threads with the Hood. If those threads get continued, it'll be because it's part of general Marvel continuity. If it gets continued in Daredevil, I think it's only because Daredevil is fighting a Kingpin. But no one loves the Hood as much as Bendis, so I don't know if anyone else has any motivation to continue the story.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I don't see any reason to believe Charles Soule will specifically continue Bendis's plot threads with the Hood. If those threads get continued, it'll be because it's part of general Marvel continuity. If it gets continued in Daredevil, I think it's only because Daredevil is fighting a Kingpin. But no one loves the Hood as much as Bendis, so I don't know if anyone else has any motivation to continue the story.
    It makes sense though. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. The Hood is about to take over the whole eastern seaboard. If nothing else transitions over, I think that's something that should if Soule were to pick up anything from Defenders.

Daredevil books coming in May '18:
    Legacy numbering stays with Daredevil for another month. It'll probably stick around until Soule is off the book.

INFINITY COUNTDOWN: DAREDEVIL #1
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • Chris Sprouse (A)
    Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    The Mind Stone has reemerged into the universe in the middle of the New York underworld…and in the most unlikely of hands. Can even Daredevil keep Hell’s Kitchen from falling under the influence of an Infinity Stone’s immense power?
    40 PGS./ ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99

HUNT FOR WOLVERINE: Weapon Lost #1 (of 4)
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • MATTEO BUFFAGNI (A)
    Cover by GREG LAND
    Variant Cover by MATTEO BUFFAGNI
    CONNECTING WHERE’S WOLVERINE VARIANT COVER BY TODD NAUCK (1 of 4)
    WOLVERINE MAY BE THE BEST THERE IS AT WHAT HE DOES… BUT SO ARE THEY!
    As one of the biggest mysteries in the MARVEL UNIVERSE unfolds, DAREDEVIL assembles a squad of uncanny detectives to track down WOLVERINE – MISTY KNIGHT, FRANK MCGEE and the mutant known as CYPHER. Investigating recent sightings across the globe of a man believed to be LOGAN, the squad uncovers a deep conspiracy with huge ramifications for the RETURN OF WOLVERINE.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

DAREDEVIL #602 & #603
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • MIKE HENDERSON (A)
    Covers by CHRIS SPROUSE
    Issue #602 – Deadpool Variant Cover by MIKE PERKINS
    The fallout from the shocking conclusion of DAREDEVIL #600 continues as Matt Murdock and Daredevil both rally allies in the face of an overwhelming enemy. And how exactly does Wilson Fisk fit into things? Not the way you expect…
    32 PGS. (EACH/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)

DEFENDERS VOL. 2: KINGPINS OF NEW YORK TPB
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Penciled by DAVID MARQUEZ & MICHAEL AVON OEMING
    Cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    The Defenders — Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Daredevil, protectors of the people — are engaged in a desperate struggle to keep New York City safe in the middle of an all-out gang war! So what could make things even worse? Would you believe — Deadpool? The Kingpin’s kingdom is up for grabs, and the streets will burn as every major underworld figure makes a play to be the next lord of crime! Unfortunately for them, this is exactly why the Defenders have gathered: to fight for the people of New York! But bad press is about to have a disastrous impact on the lives of Luke and Jessica. And how exactly does Diamondback know so much about the Defenders? As Harlem burns, heroes rise and heroes fall — and there will be new Defenders. Collecting DEFENDERS (2017) #6-10.
    112 PGS./Rated T+ …$15.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90747-1

It makes sense though. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. The Hood is about to take over the whole eastern seaboard. If nothing else transitions over, I think that's something that shouldu if Soule were to pick up anything from Defenders.
    I'd actually prefer if The Hoods plans didn't carry over into Daredevil. Firstly, that storyline doesn't really fit previous solits all too well upon a closer look. What's coming in DD is supposed to be unforeseen and as of the end of Defenders all if not most of the NY heroes are aware of the Hood and that he's up to something so it'd be nonsensical if he were to suddenly pop up in DD as a surprise threat that's been building up unbeknownst to everyone for a time. Secondly, I'd rather Soule and DD do their own thing anyway.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-22-2018 at 03:18 PM.

I'd actually prefer if The Hoods plans didn't carry over into Daredevil and doesn't really fit previous solits all too well. What's coming in DD is supposed to be unforeseen and as of the end of Defenders all if not most of the NY heroes are aware of the Hood and that he's up to something so it'd be nonsensical if he were to suddenpop up in DD as a threat that's been building up unbeknownst to everyone for a time. On top of all that, I'd rather Soule and DD do their own thing anyway.
    That's certainly fair.

DAREDEVIL #602 & #603

DAREDEVIL #602 Deadpool Variant by MIKE PERKINS:

YOU ARE DEADPOOL #1-5 (OF 5)
    AL EWING (W) • SALVA ESPIN (Issues #1,3,5) and PACO DIAZ (Issues #2,4) (A)
    Covers by RAHZZAH
    Variant Cover by RON LIM (Issue #1)
    RPG Variant Covers by SALVA ESPIN (IssueS #1-5)
    DID YOU EVER WANT TO BE DEADPOOL??? Now’s your chance! This weekly series is not JUST the most amazing comic book you’ve ever read…it’s also a role-playing adventure! YOU decide what choices Deadpool makes! YOU keep track of your scores issue by issue! YOU roll dice to combat various foes! Travel through Marvel history as Deadpool to meet Hulk in the swinging ’60s! To smell Man-Thing in the swampy ’70s! To be “seen” by Daredevil in the hard-boiled ’80s! And avoid the many BAD ENDINGS you could fall into…or suffer the consequences!
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Parental Advisory …$3.99 (EACH)

One of the covers:

Kingpin Matt Murdock of Earth-65 appears in:
    SPIDER-GWEN #32
    JASON LATOUR (W) ROBBI RODRIGUEZ (A)Cover by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ
    DEADPOOL VARIANT COVER BY BENGAL
    THE SECRET IS OUT! Spider-Woman IS Gwen Stacy! Will going public fix the timeline — and more important, will it get Gwen out from under the Kingpin’s thumb? Or will this go as well as the last time a Spider-Person revealed his secret identity?