Page 1 of 324 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default The Man Without Fear: Daredevil Appreciation

Lets appreciate the man without fear

Fairly new fan here. All caught up from Miller's run to Waid's, I loved almost everything

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Thanks for bringing back a "Love for Matt" thread. I am right there with you. LOVE love love what has been going on with Matt since Waid took over. Cannot wait to read issue #2 (have it sitting next to me now)

Extraordinary Member

Waid is a genius, its hard to say who *THE* DD is, Miller? Bendis? Brubaker? Waid? Doing wonders for the book.

I've read every issue of DD and loved the way the character has evolved. Really enjoying the new run and #1.5 was a nice nod to the character's history

I'll echo the love for Daredevil. I have found Waid's run to be absolutely brilliant. Even that Road Trip Mini Series was fantastic. I know Miller, Bendis & Brubakers runs are all amazing but Waid's run for me has been the best. One of the best runs in the history of Comic Books for me.

I can't remember when I've never been a Daredevil fan. To me he is one of the greatest comic book characters ever created. He is one of the rare ones that are interesting when he's just being Matt Murdock. Not needing the costume to draw you in.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-02-2014 at 11:34 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I can't remember when I've never been a Daredevil fan. To me he is one of the most greatest comic book characters ever created. He is one of the rare ones that are interesting when he's just being Matt Murdock. Not needing the costume to draw you in.
    That's exactly it for me, one of those rare times when the secret identity is as interesting to read as the superheroics.

Extraordinary Member

I've grown into DD. I first thought it was silly but I've grown to love the story.
    Just like Brubaker did for Captain America and co, Waid has made me become a fan.

For me its Miller > BruBaker> Bendis > Waid > Nocenti > the rest

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I became a DD fan with Waid's run. I'm tempted to go back and read DD's 1970s stories. Recommended?

I would recommend it, but just bear in mind they aren't as polished as the later runs, they are a great glimpse into the character and help flesh out the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
    That's exactly it for me, one of those rare times when the secret identity is as interesting to read as the superheroics.
    Exactly. That's how I feel about Tony and Matt. To me those are rare characters.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Same here -- I just blew threw the entirety of Waid's stuff, and now I'm desperate for more. Read Miller's "Man Without Fear," thought it was pretty good, sort of unsure where to go next?

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I read DD #2 and it was great! I am so glad the renumbering didn't lose the artist or writer. I wish ALL the DD comics of all time were this light, fun, and exciting to read...I would collect them all

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    I read DD #2 and it was great! I am so glad the renumbering didn't lose the artist or writer. I wish ALL the DD comics of all time were this light, fun, and exciting to read...I would collect them all
    I dunno about that, I liked the darker Daredevil also.