Page 321 of 324 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324 LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 4858

Interesting thread from Charles Soule on Twitter talking about his awesome Supreme arc.

https://twitter.com/charlessoule/sta...486007808?s=21

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Interesting thread from Charles Soule on Twitter talking about his awesome Supreme arc.

https://twitter.com/charlessoule/sta...486007808?s=21
    Great thread.

It's been nice to have an actual lawyer writing Daredevil. I think there have actually been less dramatic courtroom scenes than in the past because Soule knows that actual examinations are a lot more regimented and long-winded than in fiction. But there have been a lot of great things besides that. I know Marjorie Liu doesn't practice law anymore, but maybe she and Soule should co-write some kind of legal drama miniseries for Daredevil along the lines of DD: Redemption.

Uhhh...maybe the mask wasn’t such a good idea...

It doesn't look good...I dunno.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Mask looks exactly how it's supposed to look. I might have gone for a bit more texture (think like the Karate Obi/belt texture) and maybe a touch more gold, but it's a faithful comics mask right there. I don't know what people were wanting.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Mask looks exactly how it's supposed to look. I might have gone for a bit more texture (think like the Karate Obi/belt texture) and maybe a touch more gold, but it's a faithful comics mask right there. I don't know what people were wanting.
    How about it not looking utterly ridiculous?

This isn’t a lot better but...better. With some money thrown behind it it could probably even look good. But even then some outfits just don’t translate all too well to live action.

Last edited by Nanashi; 07-28-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Plus... ya know... It's comics.

Iron Fist would have been better on a different network with a bigger budget and a less grounded direction. Right now its just a less interesting Daredevil (I'm curious how it would have turned out if Steven DeKnight showran it instead of Scott Buik).

oh well as long as the others are great I can deal with one missing the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Iron Fist would have been better on a different network with a bigger budget and a less grounded direction. Right now its just a less interesting Daredevil (I'm curious how it would have turned out if Steven DeKnight showran it instead of Scott Buik).

oh well as long as the others are great I can deal with one missing the mark.
    Unless you’re talking about HBO, anywhere else IF would be FAR worse. To date, Netflix is the only place to make live action super hero shows that aren’t categorically awful.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Plus... ya know... It's comics.
    That’s no excuse. I’m sure you’ve seen how amazing the DCEU and MCU outfits are with exception to Caps Avengers outfit. It all seems to come down to money, and since the Netflix shows apparently don’t have enough to make comic book outfits look half way decent, it was prudent that they kept away from them.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-28-2018 at 10:52 AM.

That’s no excuse. I’m sure you’ve seen how amazing the DCEU and MCU outfits are with exception to Caps Avengers outfit. It all seems to come down to money, and since the Netflix shows apparently don’t have enough to make comic book outfits look half way decent, it was prudent that they kept away from them.
    Lol Cap's outfit in the first Avengers movie is completely ridiculous next to Stark's armor. He looks like he's wearing a Halloween costume from Party City. Some look good, some don't. The mask looks pretty comic-accurate to me.

Lol Cap's outfit in the first Avengers movie is completely ridiculous next to Stark's armor. He looks like he's wearing a Halloween costume from Party City. Some look good, some don't. The mask looks pretty comic-accurate to me.
    Yea, that Avengers outfit was simply embarrassing. Are you referring to IFs mask? It may be comic accurate, yes, but it’s no less laughable.

Yea, that Avengers outfit was simply embarrassing. Are you referring to IFs mask? It may be comic accurate, yes, but it’s no less laughable.
    Yes sorry, switched over to Iron Fist. okay, so what if DD had a more comic accurate outfit in his show, but it didn't translate well and looked like that mask? Would you prefer his current suit?

Yes sorry, switched over to Iron Fist. okay, so what if DD had a more comic accurate outfit in his show, but it didn't translate well and looked like that mask? Would you prefer his current suit?
    No. DDs comic book outfit is not one that works in live action at all. The all black outfit was a very good compromise they should have stuck with and will thankfully return to in season three based on those set pics from some time ago.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-28-2018 at 11:25 AM.