Page 299 of 324 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 4858

Have any of you watched The Trial of The Incredible Hulk from the 70s? Besides some cringe worthy dialogue every now and then it’s actually quite good! It’s the first live action debut of Daredevil and the actor is a very good Matt Murdock and DD.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Have any of you watched The Trial of The Incredible Hulk from the 70s? Besides some cringe worthy dialogue every now and then it’s actually quite good! It’s the first live action debut of Daredevil and the actor is a very good Matt Murdock and DD.
    I never have save for a trailer but I'd definitely like to.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 06-13-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

That film was actually from 1989, although the TV series was from the 1970s-1980s. I actually have it on dvd but haven't yet seen it. I also have the complete series set and the other 2 films. I plan on watching all 80+ episodes and the 3 films at some point, probably when I retire. The TV series was one of my favourite series as a kid if not my favourite. It used to air on Friday night in the UK - my brother and I couldn't wait.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Since picking up the Shadowland Omnibus, I'll be selling all my Shadowland TPBs and PHCs including the Reborn PHC. If you're interested, or anyone else, shoot me a PM.
    I appreciate it, but I'm not able to buy any comics just right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I started in issue one. I'm using whatever format I have available. For most of the early stuff, I used the Essential Daredevil collection, which is in black and white, so I used Marvel Unlimited where possible (I since have the first three volumes of the Epic Collection so I could re-read the issues in color). Starting in the 140s or 150s, those ended so I have individual issues. For everything after that, I've used individual issues where possible, but have Miller in trade for the issues I haven't gotten yet, Love's Labour's Lost for what I didn't have in trade for the two or three Denny O'Neil issues I hadn't yet gotten, the A Touch of Typhoid Epic for the couple of Nocenti issues not yet gotten. My anticipation is, from here on out, to read everything in individual issue with the exception of Daredevil Annual 10, Root of Evil, which will be in that Epic Collection when it comes out, the Daredevil/Deadpool Annual, and maybe the last five issues from the Widow's Kiss Epic.

Then I got to decide whether to read Daredevil Volume 2 the same way.
    Is it your first time reading everything in order or have you read all those issues before?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Is it your first time reading everything in order or have you read all those issues before?
    For some issues, it's my first time reading it, for others I've read before but it's the first time I've read in chronological order. For example, the current issues I'm reading are new to me, but I'll soon hit Fall From Grace, which I read once probably three or four years ago. After Tree of Knowledge, there's a gap until I hit Karl Kesel's run. For awhile, I knew most of the issues (from Frank Miller through Ann Nocenti), but there's a lot of gaps in my knowledge now.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Sure did. I guess it was actually my first introduction to Daredevil, though I didn't realize it at the time. The fact that the costume was sooooo terrible and I was so young I never made the connection. It was actually the Secret Wars toy that first hooked me on the character with his power list and weaknesses and stuff written there. Then I rewatched Trial on my VHS and it just clicked. Same thing with Fisk later. The fact that Trial's Fisk wasn't THAT fat and Hair threw me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That film was actually from 1989, although the TV series was from the 1970s-1980s. I actually have it on dvd but haven't yet seen it. I also have the complete series set and the other 2 films. I plan on watching all 80+ episodes and the 3 films at some point, probably when I retire. The TV series was one of my favourite series as a kid if not my favourite. It used to air on Friday night in the UK - my brother and I couldn't wait.
    89!? Wow! It was very well done and I really enjoyed it. I used to watch the reruns as a kid and really liked the show but I never saw this movie before.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

89!? Wow! It was very well done and I really enjoyed it. I used to watch the reruns as a kid and really liked the show but I never saw this movie before.
    Keep an eye out for one of Stan Lee's first cameos

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Keep an eye out for one of Stan Lee's first cameos
    My wife and I caught it! In the court room scene! My wife is like, “That looks like Stan!” We almost didn’t recognize him because he was so young.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

The Defenders by Andie Tong

That's a cool/much better version of the show's suit. I could get on board with that.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That's a cool/much better version of the show's suit. I could get on board with that.
    That's not the show's suit at all. It's clearly his regular comic book look save for a few additional lines here and there.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 06-14-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    That's not the show's suit at all. It's clearly his regular comic book look save for a few additional lines here and there.
    It's clearly a helmet and not a cowl. Sometimes you really need to take a deep breath in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It's clearly a helmet and not a cowl. Sometimes you really need to take a deep breath in and out.
    Even so, it's obviously not the show version or anything close. But if they could pull that off on the show (they can't) it'd be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    The Defenders by Andie Tong

That is epic! I wish we could get this in the tv show. I hope Danny gets a costume eventually.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters: