Page 104 of 324 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 4858
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    BULLSEYE #1 - Bill Sienkiewicz Variant

I'm loving all of these covers! So amazing!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I love these Sienkewicz variants. Are they sold out or not yet available? I'm trying to buy them on Midtown Comics.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DAREDEVIL #18
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • RON GARNEY (A/C)
    NEW STORY ARC “PURPLE” CONTINUES!
    Daredevil’s identity hasn’t always been a secret like it is now. In fact, there’s one MAN to thank for that…
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Interesting explanation and it def makes sense. That said, Murder Corpse - I mean Killgrave - was so creepily good on JJ I'm not sure I can see the character the same way ever again.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

poor mathew
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think that is correct. They put Englehart's Batman run on the list and it's only 8 issues long.

Also, I really meant, why didn't they just include Born Again in their listing of Miller's DD like they did with all of Morrison's Batman run?
    Ok, I Gotcha. I agree with you absolutely. They should have included those issues also as the complete Frank Miller DD run.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I love these Sienkewicz variants. Are they sold out or not yet available? I'm trying to buy them on Midtown Comics.
    I could be wrong but I believe they've only just been announced so they should be coming out shortly.

The preview for the new issue is pretty cool but knowing they're just going to grab Bullseye for the hit makes it quite disappointing. For one, I don't find that character particular interesting at all and this is a missed opportunity to put DD up against someone brand new, or someone in the MU he's never faced before that'd make for a really cool interaction.

so I finally got caught up with the series and I'm totally loving it. the last story arc was really good too, and I hope the villain comes back. but my dislike for the Inhumans increased even more after reading the arc--anyone else feel the same way???

Astonishing Member

I have an interesting question, could Stilt-Man be made into a villain who can carry a story arc or should he just be mainly a comic relief villain?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by la-femme-amelie View Post
    so I finally got caught up with the series and I'm totally loving it. the last story arc was really good too, and I hope the villain comes back. but my dislike for the Inhumans increased even more after reading the arc--anyone else feel the same way???
    I really enjoy the Inhumans, so I can't say it did.

One newly created villain aside, they didn't do anything bad in the arc.

Speaking of, I hope Blindspot will be okay. That climax was not positive for him.

I like that Matt has such care for his protege that he's going through the lengths he is to help him out. Hope his gambit pays off.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    I have an interesting question, could Stilt-Man be made into a villain who can carry a story arc or should he just be mainly a comic relief villain?
    Stilt-Man hasn't been capable of carrying a serious story after his very first story (even then, it wasn't a serious story because it was Stan Lee zaniness, but it had the potential to be one). But I would argue he would never have been brought back as a character except that they wanted to make him a humorous character.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

ill try the new book
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Stilt-Man hasn't been capable of carrying a serious story after his very first story (even then, it wasn't a serious story because it was Stan Lee zaniness, but it had the potential to be one). But I would argue he would never have been brought back as a character except that they wanted to make him a humorous character.
    I don't think he became a joke character till the 80s, through out the 60s and 70s they tried to present him as a serious villain, but he never had any good stories or became a compelling character in that time.

His first story was not bad, it had some mystery and a villain who was a white collar criminal who stole from the company he worked at was kinda cool. But past his first story, anything that made him compelling was gone and he became a generic bad guy with a stupid gimmick.

I think he appeared more often then Leap Frog or Matador due to his unique visual.

Though I wonder if they could have done something interesting with Stilt-Man, DD believes in the law and believes in criminal rehabilitation, so you think he could do more to set Stilt-Man on the straight and narrow. Wilbur Day died a long time ago, so it's too late for him, but maybe he could sonething for some of the other Stilt-Man characters running around.

DAREDEVIL #15 The Story Thus Far...Variant Edition by Afu Chan: