Page 106 of 324 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 4858

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    There's, for lack of a better term or word, a flaw with this plan and it's validated in this very issue. What would happen if DD was approached with someone with actual superpowers he just can't beat? Throughout the issue he's trouncing nothing but people with no powers whatever so ever but as soon as he find himself up against a guy who just happen to be caught in the terrigen mist cloud and he's completely subdued and for all intents and purposed would have been taken out there and then if not for the intervention. Did DD not think anyone with abilities would come after him when he devised this plan? And he clearly had no contingencies for such a situation such as other heroes staying out of sight and backing him up if need be. If just the Rhino had come after him or even the Juggernaut seaking some quick cash it doesn't seem like he's have been able to do anything if a novice with some new found inhuman powers could have taken him so easily.
    DD's been fighting people with powers for decades and winning... be nice if they gave him some credit in that department. He shouldn't be JUST thugs and ninjas.... But he does have limits. One of my favorite stories was DD vs. Hulk.... with DD getting absolutely POUNDED and left in the hospital for weeks... Very realistic outcome there.

I love the 'mid-tier' characters. Powers greater then normal men... but still able to face challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

Yeah, it's probably a flaw in his plan. His plan depended on his abilities and Matt has always been overconfident. More importantly, he has no problem with betting on himself when he can't think of a better idea.
    Sure, but overconfidence is one thing and living in a world where super-powered villains exists and being well aware of that and not accounting for their approach is another. It's not that I don't think he should be able to handle himself amongst super powered folk, but this issue is not a good demonstration of him doing that whatsoever nor that he even considered and prepared for such an eventuality since he himself put out the hit and was expecting to be targeted.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    DD's been fighting people with powers for decades and winning... be nice if they gave him some credit in that department. He shouldn't be JUST thugs and ninjas.... But he does have limits. One of my favorite stories was DD vs. Hulk.... with DD getting absolutely POUNDED and left in the hospital for weeks... Very realistic outcome there.

I love the 'mid-tier' characters. Powers greater then normal men... but still able to face challenges.
    He's certainly not knew to such fights but he was taken down far too easily by a novice for me to think he could have taken down a more seasoned super villain.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Sure, but overconfidence is one thing and living in a world where super-powered villains exists and being well aware of that and not accounting for their approach is another. It's not that I don't think he should be able to handle himself amongst super powered folk, but this issue is not a good demonstration of him doing that whatsoever nor that he even considered and prepared for such an eventuality since he himself put out the hit and was expecting to be targeted.
    It's exactly what he has done in the past. To me, this is exactly in-character. It feels to me all your saying is you have a problem with the story because Matt isn't flawless, that he might make mistakes or act recklessly. But he's consistently shown that he does that. He's not Batman who has a plan for everyone and he isn't Superman who is better than all of them, but he certainly isn't someone who's afraid to try.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

It's exactly what he has done in the past. To me, this is exactly in-character. It feels to me all your saying is you have a problem with the story because Matt isn't flawless, that he might make mistakes or act recklessly. But he's consistently shown that he does that. He's not Batman who has a plan for everyone and he isn't Superman who is better than all of them, but he certainly isn't someone who's afraid to try.
    It's not that he isn't flawless, but that he should be a lot more formidable and competent against such threats. To me it definitely doesn't seem like he'd go THAT far in over his head and not have something in store lest things go awry as they did. And to me that's not him being perfect or superior to everyone, thats just him thinking ahead and being prudent so as to raise his chance of success as high as possible.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 01-12-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Favorite pic of The Defenders from today.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's not that he isn't flawless, but that he should be a lot more formidable and competent against such threats. To me it definitely doesn't seem like he'd go THAT far in over his head and not have something in store lest things go awry as they did. And to me that's not him being perfect or superior to everyone, thats just him thinking ahead and being prudent so as to raise his chance of success as high as possible.
    He does that all the time. He charged after Bullseye into a subway with a roaring train where all his senses would become useless. He did this knowing before going in that this is the case. But he had to stop Bullseye so he did it anyway. He doesn't plan ahead in case things go awry. He'll do it occasionally, sure, but it's not his MO.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

He does that all the time. He charged after Bullseye into a subway with a roaring train where all his senses would become useless. He did this knowing before going in that this is the case. But he had to stop Bullseye so he did it anyway. He doesn't plan ahead in case things go awry. He'll do it occasionally, sure, but it's not his MO.
    The instance you mention there is a decision he had to make in the moment. In the issue in question he created the situation he's in so he could have very well made sure there were assurances to minimize any chance of failure not unlike what he found himself in when at the mercy of the inhuman dad. Days passed while he was waiting for people to attack him. His lack of preparation or forethought is inexcusable.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 01-12-2017 at 07:27 PM.

keeping in mind I have not actually read the story that everyone's referring here and just speaking about Daredevil in general....

I don't mind if DD doesn't plan ahead. However his skill is historically good enough to get him out of whatever mess he's in. He doenst' need to be expecting to find mr. Hyde in the sewer when he jumps in there... but now that he HAS... He has the powers and the senses and the skill to hit him in the vulnerable spots, radar his weakness, listen for a telegraphed punch and take him down.

Unless it's something like Hulk or Namor... If he jumps into something that is out of his class, he's in trouble... but anything from Spider-man level on down... and He even if he LOSES, he should still put up one heck of a fight.

keeping in mind I have not actually read the story that everyone's referring here and just speaking about Daredevil in general....

I don't mind if DD doesn't plan ahead. However his skill is historically good enough to get him out of whatever mess he's in. He doenst' need to be expecting to find mr. Hyde in the sewer when he jumps in there... but now that he HAS... He has the powers and the senses and the skill to hit him in the vulnerable spots, radar his weakness, listen for a telegraphed punch and take him down.

Unless it's something like Hulk or Namor... If he jumps into something that is out of his class, he's in trouble... but anything from Spider-man level on down... and He even if he LOSES, he should still put up one heck of a fight.
    Yes, and that's why this issue doesn't sit all that comfortably with me.

Also, I, too, would love to have DD face more super powered enemies here and there just to show how formidable he is able to be and why he's able to survive in a world with so many powerful beings. But since DD isn't very physically powerful it would require a lot of creativity to show him take down someone "out of his league", so to say.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 01-13-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Also, I, too, would love to have DD face more super powered enemies here and there just to show how formidable he is able to be and why he's able to survive in a world with so many powerful beings. But since DD isn't very physically powerful it would require a lot of creativity to show him take down someone "out of his league", so to say.
    Depends on what you consider 'out of his league'.

I am in no way advocating that DD should pull out wins against cosmic level awesomeness like Silver Surfer, Hulk, Namor... etc. There are always those characters that there is nothing that DD could do to harm them... However He's always been quite the heavy hitter himself. He should be able to take nearly anyone in Spider-man's rogue gallery and actually has. Daredevil can do pretty much anything that Batman or Nightwing can do. He's the same martia capabilities and creative problem solving... but with enhanced senses instead of utility belt.

I still love the issue where he took out Absorbing man by himself. Tricked him into absorbing diamonds, used his senses to find the weak spots and flaws in the giant diamond, and proceeded to beat him into smaller diamonds before AM understood what had happened. He is totally able to take out those out of his league... he just has powers and cleverness of his own.

It's honestly my biggest problem with the Netflix series. They seem bound and determined to keep it 'dark and gritty' by having Matt get his butt handed to him by hordes of Mooks that he shouldn't need to break a sweat on. The year one/season one/rookie version was fine... but it seems like every episodes needs him broken or bleeding somewhere jut to make it interesting. DD's more then just drug dealers and ninjas... he's an actual legitimate SUPERHERO!

Awesome pic with DD and Elektra from Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Last edited by Nanashi; 01-13-2017 at 03:49 PM.

And another.

Last edited by Nanashi; 01-13-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Depends on what you consider 'out of his league'.

I am in no way advocating that DD should pull out wins against cosmic level awesomeness like Silver Surfer, Hulk, Namor... etc. There are always those characters that there is nothing that DD could do to harm them... However He's always been quite the heavy hitter himself. He should be able to take nearly anyone in Spider-man's rogue gallery and actually has. Daredevil can do pretty much anything that Batman or Nightwing can do. He's the same martia capabilities and creative problem solving... but with enhanced senses instead of utility belt.

I still love the issue where he took out Absorbing man by himself. Tricked him into absorbing diamonds, used his senses to find the weak spots and flaws in the giant diamond, and proceeded to beat him into smaller diamonds before AM understood what had happened. He is totally able to take out those out of his league... he just has powers and cleverness of his own.
    Yep. That's about where I'd put his formidability, too.

It's honestly my biggest problem with the Netflix series. They seem bound and determined to keep it 'dark and gritty' by having Matt get his butt handed to him by hordes of Mooks that he shouldn't need to break a sweat on. The year one/season one/rookie version was fine... but it seems like every episodes needs him broken or bleeding somewhere jut to make it interesting. DD's more then just drug dealers and ninjas... he's an actual legitimate SUPERHERO!

EXACTLY!!!!!!! That is by bar far one my biggest issues with that show (aside from the utterly deplorable mischaracterizations and abhorrent wastes of awesome long standing characters) and why I find it so difficult to enjoy when I know these guys he's getting winded against should be nothing to him! As you said, he is a SUPER hero with SUPER powers which they also heavily downplay in the show which very irritating. I get that they wanted to make it The Wire in the Marvel Universe and I more than welcome that take on the show for how awesome it sounds not to mention that that's how the character is best depicted, but execution has left A LOT to be desired and they much too far in the direction of playing down his powers and portraying them as mere compensations rather than what gives him the edge against opponents and allows him to take on others with more overt powers and abilities in addition to just how skilled of a fighter he is! And even that they botched by having Stick only train him for all of a couple weeks? WTF was that? This just makes my shake me head at every turn. The "creative" decision they made were simply baffling. There are some cool moments in the show, contrarily, but the whole damn production is such a massive disappointed it's even more irksome that this is the version of the character the majority of world knows as Daredevil. Season two was better but marginally so if at all.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 01-13-2017 at 08:20 PM.