Page 11 of 324 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Just became one and got exposed to the Millar run. Loved the story of Daredevil, Elektra, and Bullseye. It's got me hooked into street level heroes again.

Soon I'll be digging into Waid's run. Can't wait to see how it is.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    Waid is ending at #13, so he'll have a longer run than O'Neill but not TWICE as many issues. I guess the key word here which we both used is about.
    I don't think Waid's run is ending at #13. The solicits for that issue says Waid and Samnee "begin the climactic final chapter" of their run. That probably means #13 is the first issue of their last arc. O'Neil's run, excluded the fill-in issues written by others, is 28 issues give or take. Waid's run will reach 50 issues with #13. Add Daredevil: Road Warrior (if you count that as one issue) and you get to 51. So if the last arc goes up to #18, Waid's run will be end exactly twice as long. It may end slightly before that, so that's why I used "about". And a 50-something issue run is sizable in any era (probably moreso nowadays).

Finall read #10.

Another fun issue. Got a laugh from the inscription on the law office door.

The darker inks work well with the mood of the story and the action in the arcade was fun.

Also liked how the story seemed to end with Matt tormented in his bed and then after the letters page was another page like a secret ending showing Matt letting Kristin in. Very nice touch.

Will miss Ellie Pyle on this book as well as Waid and Samnee.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Glad Mark Waid seems to be on his way out.Maybe i'll start posting here again.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    Same here, depending on who replaces him
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Sad to see the run end. It has been one of the most mature reads on the character along with Bendis. Also means the inevitable grimdark tone following this run will have meaning, even though Waid and Samnee's book has a dark under current made more pronounced by the surface optimism.

You know why I'm going to miss Waid on this run? That last page, after the letters page. THAT. What he's done to humanize Matt Murdoch is more real that what Bendis was doing by pitting Murdoch against real-world problems, like lawsuits, the FBI, etc. And that's not meant to be a knock on his run, which I adore. Bendis wrote a very stylized Daredevil, sorts of like if the world of capes and tights met "The Sopranos." But Waid, perhaps for very personal reasons, has finally made Matt's depression "real" and not as romanticized as Miller and Nocenti did, for example.

Why dont you like Waids run? Its been one of the best runs on the character.moxing light and dark seamlessly. Also well written with amazing artwork. A consistent book not bogged down by decompression.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Why dont you like Waids run? Its been one of the best runs on the character.moxing light and dark seamlessly. Also well written with amazing artwork. A consistent book not bogged down by decompression.
    I can't speak for him but Waid's run is different so I can see why it would turn off some fans.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I hate Chris Samnee's art.And I don't like a lot of the witty jokes,blind puns,and some of the other corny stuff.I've read just about every Daredevil comic ever made and i've seen plenty of writers write Daredevil without going as far as Waid did with the jokes and the "i'm not Daredevil t-shirt stuff."You don't have to write DD depressed or change his personality to not write him dark.I'm just giving you my two cents.I don't come around here much because I don't wanna anger fans of this series and I have nothing positive to say about it.I love Daredevil,he's really important to my heart but Waid completely killed him for me for the last three years.

Bring on C. Priest to write Daredevil, for sure. Someone alert him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Bring on C. Priest to write Daredevil, for sure. Someone alert him.
    How about Jeff Lemire or Greg Rucka?

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

doubled post.
    Last edited by Kyer; 11-22-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

And yet it was the one book I was still regularly purchasing. Probably because it was the one teen-rated book I felt assured I could read without more than a minimum of flinching from gore. It was fun as well as adventurous. Enjoyed it immensely.

(Waid's Daredevil was my replacement Wally West!)

I'm not gonna cry.

*sniffle*

'scuse me....

Agh. Why can't I find Devil At Bay and pre-order West Case Scenario in hardcover? They are just listed under paperback.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

How about Jeff Lemire or Greg Rucka?
    Can't see Lemire doing a good DAREDEVIL at all. Just not the right voice.

My dream would be Greg Rucka and JH Williams III. Ales Kot and Trevor McCarthy would be cool too, certainly a more idiosyncratic man without fear. I could see Al Ewing and maybe Del Mundo? That'd be interesting too.

I've really enjoyed Waid/Samnee, but it's certainly high time for a new team. I find myself missing the grittier DD, even if this was a nostalgic book for me (I grew up on the old DD).
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 11-22-2014 at 03:43 PM.