Page 112 of 324 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 4858
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think the closest you get is Black Panther. It's hard to consider him one, but the fact that he took over the numbering of the book certainly raises that possibility.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    "Another?" Has there ever been a true DD stand-in or replacement before? I can't recall any.
    Yes. DD asked Iron Fist to take on his costume and job of watching over Hell's Kitchen for a while. Also, the Black Panther (although not in the DD costume) did the same thing.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Sure, he was a DD copy of sort, but the other poster was asking if there was ever a fill in for DD
    No yet, thankfully. Seems like thats about to change since it appears they want to franchise DD as has done so many times over with other characters which is a shame.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 01-26-2017 at 05:50 PM.

BANNED

Yes. DD asked Iron Fist to take on his costume and job of watching over Hell's Kitchen for a while. Also, the Black Panther (although not in the DD costume) did the same thing.
    Yeah, I remember those but don't quite feel they fit the bill of a "DD clone" or true replacement. Especially not Panther as he wasn't trying to be DD. I enjoyed that run, though.

Ummm... It's been a few years, but I thought Iron Fist did that on his own... and when DD got out of jail he immediately went to track down the imposter?

Also, I don't consider him a stand in or replacement since we didn't actually read his adventures. He was just show on newspaper articles and stuff showing that DD was still running around while Matt Murdock was sitting in prison.

Black Panther took over the book, but he wasn't really 'DAREDEVIL'... anymore than Hercules was really the Hulk when he took over the book

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, I remember those but don't quite feel they fit the bill of a "DD clone" or true replacement. Especially not Panther as he wasn't trying to be DD. I enjoyed that run, though.
    BP wasn't trying to be DD but he pretty much took the role of DD, in that he protected Hell's Kitchen
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Ummm... It's been a few years, but I thought Iron Fist did that on his own... and when DD got out of jail he immediately went to track down the imposter?

Also, I don't consider him a stand in or replacement since we didn't actually read his adventures. He was just show on newspaper articles and stuff showing that DD was still running around while Matt Murdock was sitting in prison.
    Read IIF #1 Director's Cut for one of his adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    No yet, thankfully. Seems like thats about to change since it appears they want to franchise DD as has done so many times over with other characters which is a shame.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that Marvel is setting up Blindspot to take over for DD. Now that he's blind, Matt will tutor him now just like Stick did him.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that Marvel is setting up Blindspot to take over for DD. Now that he's blind, Matt will tutor him now just like Stick did him.
    However likely this appears to be at the moment, PLEASE let this NOT be the case!

http://www.cbr.com/kingpin-1-exclusive-preview/

Matt is coming off as a jerk here, no? Very disrespectfully presumptuous.

He doesn't like people who associate with known crimelords? He works in the District Attorney's Office now.

I'll admit I laughed out loud when she said "Don't you have some underprivileged teenagers you can be trying as adults right now?", though. It's a reflection on the moral relativism of the whole thing. Matt's taking the position that criminals are bad people and helping or benefiting from criminals is wrong. She's showing that even those on the side of justice (who are the good guys) end up causing many bad things to happen that can be viewed as possibly worse than what the criminals are doing.

Obviously, we are both missing a lot of context. And the book is called "Kingpin," not "Sarah Dewey" so who knows where it'll go. But I don't think there's anything wrong with what's on the page.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I did it guys. I've got all of Bendis DD and I just got the last of Brubaker DD. Some dang good storytelling.

Now to get Waid, MwF, and wait for Soule to go Hardcover.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I did it guys. I've got all of Bendis DD and I just got the last of Brubaker DD. Some dang good storytelling.

Now to get Waid, MwF, and wait for Soule to go Hardcover.
    Congrats AJ! I'm kind of disappointed in Soule's run so far though.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

There's a Daredevil sale on Comixology right now, so I was wondering - is Love's Labor's Lost by O'Neil any good? Also, is the Miller/Janson run any good? I don't normally read a lot of Daredevil, but I bought the Born Again trade on Comixology after season 2 of Daredevil, and loved it a lot. Are these two similar?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The Miller/Jansen run is essential Daredevil, imo.

Love's Labor Lost is a mixed bag. It's got some wonderful issues, but it's also kind of randomly done. It's basically the back half of his run with a Frank Miller fill-in issue thrown in.