Page 129 of 324 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 4858

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'd be down for Hickman. East of West is one of the best comics I read so him on Daredevil would be welcomed.
    Cool.

fwiw, I'm in no rush to get rid of Soule. I'm really enjoying his run (and he seems to plan on sticking around for a while)
    Same here. For the most part.

Potential scene for the Defenders show?

Albeit late to the party,I just finished the Season 1 of Daredevil on netflix and must say it was quite enjoyable.

Looking forward to Season 2 as the general feedback is Punisher is excellent also.
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post

I could see Jessica doing that scene rather than Cage.

What a kick!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Honestly, the person I most want to write Daredevil (after Soule) is Christopher Priest. I know he's done it once before (No Prize to the first person who names the issue), but I'd like to see him get a full run.
    #224 A pretty forgetful issue. He was then known as Jim Owsley (his real name).

What do you guys of think of Jonathan Hickman? I think back to his stuff of FF and really liked it. He crafted some spectacular moments there. His Avengers stuff was a bit lofty, though. Has anyone checked his independent stuff? Think he'd make for a good fit based on that if not in addition to his FF?
    I'd be open to it. I'm sure Hickman would create a very long drawn out story which could spread into other related characters.

Is anyone else still waiting/hoping for David Aja to have a run on DD? Of the titles he has yet to grace, there's none more suited than DD. HOW HAS THIS NOT HAPPENED YET!
    David Aja drew a couple of issues in Brubaker's run and part of a one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Would you want Matt Fraction to write? Or someone else?
    I'm not quite sure if Faction would be in it for the long run. I'm not even sure if he would want to write anything for Marvel at the moment.

I'm not too keen on that art.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

What do you guys of think of Jonathan Hickman? I think back to his stuff of FF and really liked it. He crafted some spectacular moments there. His Avengers stuff was a bit lofty, though. Has anyone checked his independent stuff? Think he'd make for a good fit based on that if not in addition to his FF?
    I've never read his independent stuff. Based on his Marvel stuff, it feels like a poor fit, but he's clearly a very talented writer so maybe I'm wrong. I've wanted to start a thread that's probably been done before, which is suggest writers for books that have never done them before. My suggestion for Hickman is Doctor Strange. I think it's a great fit and a way to do something without having to worry about topping his Avengers. I have to think of a couple important ones before I post my ideas, though. I also need to make an exception for Christopher Priest (that I would call the Jim Owsley rule), but I know that'll mean people will end up choosing Jason Aaron for Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    #224 A pretty forgetful issue. He was then known as Jim Owsley (his real name).
    Yep, you get the No-Prize! I've never read the issue (it's pretty much something I'll read when I get to it in my read-through of every Daredevil issue, but I'm in no hurry to get there faster). However, when I first saw his name, I had it confused with Leland Owlsley and I was very confused.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I'm not quite sure if Faction would be in it for the long run. I'm not even sure if he would want to write anything for Marvel at the moment.
    No, I know. I just bring it up since he was Aja's other half of that critically acclaimed Hawkeye series.

David Aja drew a couple of issues in Brubaker's run and part of a one shot.
    Yep! And they were gorgeous! It's a crime that he has't has a full run yet!

My favorite DD by Aja (totally Mazzucchelli style!)

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I love Aja's style from Iron Fist, but I don't like his work from Hawkeye. When he's on his game, he's awesome. But his work on Hawkeye wasn't that good.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Those Daredevil pages actually look really good.

Mighty Member

aja reminds me a lot of samnee, another DD artist that I absolutely loved on the title.

Aja is the man!

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Aw yea! Those pages speak for themselves.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

That backup issue is a great story. Ann Nocenti shows that she adjusts to modern comics and writes something far less verbose and just as poignant as her earlier DD work.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?