Page 13 of 324 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Get C. Priest to write Daredevil, and let him bring in as many guest heroes as he wants.

Priest wrote an issue or two in the 200's IIRC
    We need better comics

I think it's interesting that you could go Man Without Fear, Miller/Janson Omnibus, Born Again, Bendis/Maleev Ultimate Collections, Brubaker/Lark Utimate Collections and then End Of Days and you'd have a pretty cohesive complete story. I know you don't have things like Typhoid Mary's origin or Karen's death but they are filled out enough within those stories.

I suppose really Guardian Devil should be after Born Again technically but I never liked it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I think it's interesting that you could go Man Without Fear, Miller/Janson Omnibus, Born Again, Bendis/Maleev Ultimate Collections, Brubaker/Lark Utimate Collections and then End Of Days and you'd have a pretty cohesive complete story. I know you don't have things like Typhoid Mary's origin or Karen's death but they are filled out enough within those stories.

I suppose really Guardian Devil should be after Born Again technically but I never liked it much.
    Part of Diggle's run too Brubaker left some loose threads that Diggle continued
    We need better comics

Invincible Member

Daredevil meets Stan Lee

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    How about Jeff Lemire or Greg Rucka?
    I would love either of these. If his Green Arrow run is any indication, Lemire could handle a hero stripped down to his essentials well (as DD often is) as well as elements like The Hand (which I've missed dearly).

As for Rucka, his original run on Detective with Shawn Martinbrough (sp?) is probably one of my favorites. Like Lemire, he is also capable of writing a very stripped down hero, but in a very different way. He's an extremely accomplished crime writer and I would absolutely love to see his takes on The Kingpin and The Hand.

As for Waid's run, well, it just wasn't my thing. I've loved Waid's Flash and Superman work, but that's just not the kind of approach I'm interested in seeing on DD. There are just certain things I want delivered with certain characters and once they start delivering them, that's when I lose interest.

While checking out the Marvel Wiki on Daredevil, I ran into this " Murdock's fighting style blends Boxing with Ninjutsu, Judo, Aikijujutsu and other disciplines such as Jujutsu, Capoeira, Stick Fighting, Aikido, Wrestling, and Kung Fu to varying degrees."

My question is not that important, but if it can be answered, cool, if not, no big deal. In what issue is it stated that capoeira was one of the styles DD learned (among other martial arts)?

I like daredevil.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    I like daredevil.
    Yes my friend, we all like DD!

BANNED

I like Daredevil too!
    Man, I really-really-really would like Christopher J. Priest to write Daredevil.
    He was OUTSTANDING on Black Panther and I loved his Daredevil fighting Spider-Man as the Kingpin in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
    While checking out the Marvel Wiki on Daredevil, I ran into this " Murdock's fighting style blends Boxing with Ninjutsu, Judo, Aikijujutsu and other disciplines such as Jujutsu, Capoeira, Stick Fighting, Aikido, Wrestling, and Kung Fu to varying degrees."

My question is not that important, but if it can be answered, cool, if not, no big deal. In what issue is it stated that capoeira was one of the styles DD learned (among other martial arts)?
    It's probably much more likely they picked a bunch of cool sounding stuff for the Wiki. Fighting styles are never reflected in books really. I think of Daredevil as a boxer who was later trained by Stick in many things. I also like to think these guys who are master fighters are so accomplished that if they really existed they'd be completely natural and fluid. Devoid of recognisable, strict styles. I know that didn't answer your question but I like to think about this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    It's probably much more likely they picked a bunch of cool sounding stuff for the Wiki. Fighting styles are never reflected in books really. I think of Daredevil as a boxer who was later trained by Stick in many things. I also like to think these guys who are master fighters are so accomplished that if they really existed they'd be completely natural and fluid. Devoid of recognisable, strict styles. I know that didn't answer your question but I like to think about this stuff.
    Yeah, I see it as a blend of different arts unless specifically noted. The capoeira part just really caught my attention and from the on and off times I read Daredevil, I don't remember any writer mention anything about said style.

Thanks for the response.

Marvel 616 Politics did a feature on Daredevil: The WOMAN Without Fear. Check it out and check them out on Facebook too!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
    Yeah, I see it as a blend of different arts unless specifically noted. The capoeira part just really caught my attention and from the on and off times I read Daredevil, I don't remember any writer mention anything about said style.

Thanks for the response.
    I've seen that wiki article, too, but I think for the most part DD's training consists of boxing and ninjitsu. I mean, he's a self-trained heavyweight boxer and his mentor was pretty much a ninja master. That said, Stick, The Chaste, and DD probably all practice the same Hollywood style of ninjitsu that appears in Quentin Tarantino movies, Wachowski Brothers directed/produced movies, and GI Joe movies, where it usually looks like it was choreographed by Yuen Wo-Ping (the same guy who fight choreographed QT's Kill Bills and the Wachowski Brothers Matrix movies as well as a lot of Jet Li flicks).

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Marvel 616 Politics did a feature on Daredevil: The WOMAN Without Fear. Check it out and check them out on Facebook too!
    I would have loved to see Echo take over in Hell's Kitchen for DD, and I think Greg Rucka would have been a perfect fit for the character. Parts of a Hole and Vision Quest are two of my favorite DD stories, and it's sad to see Echo gone when they could do tons more with her.