Page 14 of 324 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I think it's interesting that you could go Man Without Fear, Miller/Janson Omnibus, Born Again, Bendis/Maleev Ultimate Collections, Brubaker/Lark Utimate Collections and then End Of Days and you'd have a pretty cohesive complete story. I know you don't have things like Typhoid Mary's origin or Karen's death but they are filled out enough within those stories.

I suppose really Guardian Devil should be after Born Again technically but I never liked it much.
    I just bought all these trades and hardcovers along with Waid's current run(I have the impulse control of a child), I can't wait to binge read them next week when they arrive. I've been wanting to get into DD for a while now, I hope he's as great as everyone says.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I have a feeling Dan Slott will end up as DD new writer before long.

Lightbulb The People's Court

Daredevil is a populist phenomenon, since he embodies American fascination with (and fear of) action control.

Action is challenging to harness and control, and in our world of profiteers, one who can control the action can control the tides of fortune (i.e., capitalism warlocks).

The Hollywood (USA) adaptation of the Daredevil comics featured Ben Affleck as the offbeat hero, and it captured a general society interest in celebrating armchair warrior fantasies about sensitization to heroism.

The Christian Bible states that at the time of the fearful apocalypse, the archangel Michael will ensure that man is not drowning in a sea of confusion created by the challenging AntiChrist who gives life to the lake of fire and the wells of darkness (i.e., vanity, pride, arrogance, wrath, whirlwinds, etc.).

Daredevil (Marvel Comics) may only be a symbol of sub-culture art, but he does manifest people's curiosity about 'colloquialized wings.'

nyc.gov/nypd
    Last edited by Abishai100; 01-08-2015 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I have a feeling Dan Slott will end up as DD new writer before long.
    Really?I was thinking it was Charles Soule,why do you think it's Slott?

I really love Matt's Determinator-attitude.

I mean he goes up against people whom he knows he is just a small fish to (Superior Iron Man and now 2 Hulk's!), but he never shows fear ONCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I really love Matt's Determinator-attitude.

I mean he goes up against people whom he knows he is just a small fish to (Superior Iron Man and now 2 Hulk's!), but he never shows fear ONCE.
    This is why he has been one of my all time favorite characters since I got into comics. I know I must have read almost or more than 400 issues of Daredevil. What I always thought about Tony and him is that they are just as interesting out of their costumes(or armor) as they are in them.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-21-2015 at 08:58 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The next few months should be interesting for DD fans!
    We need better comics

Lightbulb A Halloween Halo

A copycat maniac decides to walk into a Los Angeles federal reserve bank carrying a seemingly harmless pumpkin. He walks in like a regular customer and places the pumpkin on the floor and walks up to the teller and then seemingly changes his mind to make a transaction and walks out of the bank but leaves the pumpkin in the bank -- it appears he forgot to take his pumpkin, but no one questioned why he had it with him, since it looked like a harmless pumpkin; perhaps he was going to make pumpkin pie with it at home. However, the pumpkin has a bomb inside it. The man gets on the bus outside the bank and disappears. When he goes home and sees the news of the pumpkin bomb that exploded in the bank, he fantasizes he is indeed the Green Goblin (Marvel Comics).

Another man decides to dress up like the superhero Daredevil (Marvel Comics) for Halloween, but he also decides to carry a large vintage transparent red plastic water rifle (a harmless water-gun). Everyone is impressed by his costume with matching water-gun and people trick-or-treating ask him why he thinks Daredevil should carry a water-gun. The man replies, "I'm promoting anti-violence."

Could Daredevil pull off such a social gesture to dissuade hypothetical copycat maniacs who seek to use comic book avatars to justify vigilantism glorification?

I gotta say I'm still not a fan of Kirsten

DAREDEVIL #15
    MARK WAID (W) • CHRIS SAMNEE (A/C)
    WTD VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • As an old foe makes a surprising return, Daredevil must make harder choices. But is he going off the deep end?
    • Also, Daredevil’s got nothin’ on Kirstin McDuffie.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

DAREDEVIL #15.1
    Mark Guggenheim, Mark Waid & Chris Samnee (W)
    Peter Krause & Chris Samnee (a)
    Cover by CHRIS SAMNEE
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • The life and times of Daredevil. 50 years in the making!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

MARVEL’S DAREDEVIL: DEFENDER OF HELL’S KITCHEN - SEASON ONE HC
    Marvel’s Daredevil follows the incredible journey of Matt Murdock, the Man Without Fear. Blinded in a tragic accident as a boy and imbued with extraordinary senses, Murdock has a mission to clean up his gritty city. He sets up practice in his old neighborhood of Hell’s Kitchen, New York, where he fights against injustice as a respected lawyer by day and masked vigilante at night. In this new collectible volume in line with Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: Season One Declassified, see the costume and set designs that bring the hero to life. Packed with stunning set and production photography, as well as exclusive interviews, this beautiful showcase reveals the details of the set and script of Marvel’s Daredevil through the eyes of the makers.
    200 PGS./All Ages …$49.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9401-9
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    I just bought all these trades and hardcovers along with Waid's current run(I have the impulse control of a child), I can't wait to binge read them next week when they arrive. I've been wanting to get into DD for a while now, I hope he's as great as everyone says.
    I had no interest in Daredevil but was a big Bendis fan and after the thousandth time of seeing his Daredevil run mentioned as his best work I went for it and instantly discovered my new favourite character. It's all incredible stuff.

I'm more excited about the DD show than Age of Ultron at this point. The fear of Tony being converted into what he has been wrongly portrayed as in the comics is sucking some of the anticipation out of it. The Netflix show has a complete clean slate of expectation. If it's bad I'll just forget about it but right now it still has the possibility of being the show the character deserves.
    Last edited by Dayle88; 01-20-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    Really?I was thinking it was Charles Soule,why do you think it's Slott?
    I asked slott the question on his FB page, and he didn't answer...

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I asked slott the question on his FB page, and he didn't answer...
    Interesting.I hear a lot of negativity about his Spider-man so I really don't know what to say.I just want Daredevil to more grim with less jokes and darker art.I really don't like the current team.I wonder what will happen to him in Secret Wars.I'm thinking he'll have some kind of retcon and Karen Page will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I gotta say I'm still not a fan of Kirsten

I can't stand Kirstin.I really hope she meets Bullseye soon.

Interesting.I hear a lot of negativity about his Spider-man so I really don't know what to say.I just want Daredevil to more grim with less jokes and darker art.I really don't like the current team.I wonder what will happen to him in Secret Wars.I'm thinking he'll have some kind of retcon and Karen Page will be back.
    I'm not sure that Slott would do this if he was the writer. He would more likely touched on DD's pulp Sci-fi but that is just speculation about his preference for themes. However I thought it was decided it was Soule who was going to take over? For the lord of god let Karen Page stay dead. there is still stories to be done about her death and let her death be part of Matt's life than she coming back like a ghost from the past like every other dead character in comics. The current team seam to get most of their love from new DD's fan rather than old ones.

I can't stand Kirstin.I really hope she meets Bullseye soon.
    Ha ha!

Slott has done great work on Spider-man. He probably gets blamed for Brand New Day by people who didn't continue reading and we all know what the Superior plan ended up being. Other than that I think he has done a good job with occasional great work. If he can do dark, gritty stuff I'd like to see him on DD for a while but I don't think he has ever attempted it before?