Page 156 of 324 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 4858
    Ultimate Member

Forget a Luke/Danny spinoff, I want a Matt/Jessica spinoff. Because their dynamic was actually fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Forget a Luke/Danny spinoff, I want a Matt/Jessica spinoff. Because their dynamic was actually fun.
    Yep! Same here!

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Plus, Matt already did the retired super hero thing at the beginning of Defenders. Already out of costume. Not entirely the same.. but for them to waste possibly half a season on him not wanting to be Daredevil anymore AGAIN would be a mistake.

That is a very interesting idea.

---------------------

And YES, Nanashi, I was so happy when we finally just got DD vs Elektra.
    Most of the decisions behind Daredevil on Netflix have been mistakes so I wouldn't be surprised that if (or when, rather) they do Born Again it'll be a hollow shell of the original story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Most of the decisions behind Daredevil on Netflix have been mistakes so I wouldn't be surprised that if (or when, rather) they do Born Again it'll be a hollow shell of the original story.
    Honestly, one thing that would make me happy is an upgraded costume. And by upgraded, I mean he should be skilled enough the doesn't need all the padding and whatnot.

Ultimate Member

I want to know what exactly this "dark past" that Karen has is? I mean they've teased it a lot, but we still don't know what happened.

Honestly, one thing that would make me happy is an upgraded costume. And by upgraded, I mean he should be skilled enough the doesn't need all the padding and whatnot.
    He shouldn't. For what is, though, the suit and mask he wears in Defenders and in season 2 does look really cool in the right light. The mask, especially. That was a massive improvement.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-19-2017 at 11:24 AM.

I want to know what exactly this "dark past" that Karen has is? I mean they've teased it a lot, but we still don't know what happened.
    I suspect that if they do pull from Born Again it'll likely be drugs and prostitution. But I suspect the show will do something with no real impact and have it just be that she killed someone before. And I'm sure it will be perfectly justified lessening its impact even more. Or may be wrong and they actually do something interesting.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-19-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I posted this in the TV/Movie forum thread, but here's my thoughts on the show:

spoilers:
    Watched the whole season last night. Here's my thoughts:

-This felt like a Daredevil season 3 to me, instead of a Defenders show. Or at least an extension of season 2. But that's okay with me because I love DD and Elektra.

-The Immortal Iron Fist? More like the 'Immortal Punching Bag'. Matt dominated him in their short fight scene. But again, that's cool with me. I was hoping he would. But then Elektra knocks him around like a rag doll. Same with Gao and...you know what? It would be easier to just list the people on this show who didn't smack Danny around. I mean, the Iron Fist is supposed to be the elite, premiere fighter from K'un Lun. But he's treated like some dude who opened up a dojo downtown. I thought they made Danny look bad in his own show, but they really made him look bad in this one.

And he's also stupid. I mean, as soon as I saw him focus his chi into the IF to fight Elektra I said to myself "Whelp, he's about to do exactly what Elektra wanted...to open the lock". Seriously, he knew that's why they wanted him. All he had to do was refuse to summon his IF, and they lose. But nope, he has to do it. Dumb.

-Another thing that bothered me is that Danny wasn't able to do squat against Luke (except when he summoned the IF) but Gao, Sowande and even Elektra are able to knock Luke around? I could maybe get behind Gao (as she looks like she has some sort of super power), but Elektra knocked Luke out with a kick to the face? Come on now.

-I like all of the characters, but my focus was mostly on DD and Elektra. They saved this show from being really bad. It was their storyline that made this show go from a "D" to a "B-". The Hand, the five, and the rest really didn't do much for me.

-Good riddance to Stick. I hated his "the mission means more than your life or this city" nonsense from DD. And when he decided it was better to kill Danny than allow him to fall into the Hand's, well, hand's? That was it for me. Glad Elektra ran him through.

-I'm also grateful that they stayed true to the comics in regards to Matt and Elektra. He never gave up on her, even to the very end, just like in the comics. Stick is too cold hearted and gives up on people too easily, while Matt is actually loyal and forgiving.
    end of spoilers

My up to date rankings on the Marvel Super Hero Netflix shows are now:

-DD Season 2
    -DD Season 1
    -Jessica Jones
    -The Defenders
    -Iron Fist
    -Cage

I have no doubt that The Punisher will jump right up into my third slot on this list after I've seen it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

spoilers:

SPOILERS
    Luke and Dannys stories are by far the least interesting. Their fight was surprisingly good, though.
    Agreed. Out of all of the characters, those two are the least interesting to me. I like Danny and Cage comic characters better than Jessica, but I like TV show Jessica better than those two.

Of course, DD and Elektra are the two I love watching the most.

MORE SPOILERS!

Daredevil Vs. Iron Fist! And it's surprisingly pretty good. The choreography is definitely a massive improvement over what was done in Iron Fist. I'd have liked it better if was a strict one on one but Luke and Jessica interrupted before either could go all out. Still, good stuff.
    I loved that fight scene. Matt was clearly dominating Danny until Jessica got in the way. VERY good showing for Matt.

With exception to the Black Sky absurdity, I like all the Elektra stuff so far. Her outfit is pretty cool. I like how she's as drawn to Matt and he is to her. One thing, though: how did Elektra make the leap from if Alexandra doesn't get "the substance", she, Elektra, will die, too? She was resurrected with it, yes, but Alexandra is dying from natural causes, not from whatever "the substance" may or may not have done to her. This is all wonky. But even if Elektra doesn't know, she just assumes she's dying too because she was resurrected even though nothing suggests she is? She just came to that conclusion based on nothing.
    That's what I kept thinking as well. That didn't make sense. The only thing I can think of is that Elektra bought into what Alexandra was telling her.

Whatever the Fingers Of The Hand are doing are woefully losing me. I've skipped over a couple of their scenes. None of them are all that entertaining to watch as the series villains.
    The only one I thought was pretty cool was Gao.

It's always cool when Matt does Daredevil stuff in plain clothes.
    Matt is cool no matter what clothes he's in.

Elektra's so badass. Although she appears to be stronger than normal her hurting Luke is BS. But she had a badass showcase, nonetheless. She's so much cooler with swords than sias.
    I love Elektra, but she should NOT be able to do what she did to Luke. The others? Sure. And I loved it.
    end of spoilers
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

The best to worst of the shows so far, for me, would have to be:

JJ
    DD 1
    DD 2
    Defenders
    Iron Fist
    Luke Cage

At the same time, however, the ones I tend to revisit the most are:

DD 1/DD 2
    Defenders
    Luke Cage
    JJ
    Iron Fist
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-19-2017 at 09:34 PM.

MARVEL HEROES WHO BASICALLY ONLY PROTECT NEW YORK CITY

Yea, that list is shenanigans. DD should have been higher if not #1. What do you think?
    It is nonsense. I mean, Doc Strange goes to different dimensions and helps the Avengers fight cosmic villains all the time, as does Spidey when he is with the FF and Avengers.

DD season 3 to begin shooting in October: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/08/...lming-october/
    YES! That means we could possibly see DD Season 3 sometime next spring or summer at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus87 View Post
    No spoilers, but I'm just wondering how DD S3 will deal with the ending.
    spoilers:
    If Matt survived, then Elektra definitely did too. That's a given.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    More SPOILERS on the end of the show.
    Was I the only one who said "THANK YOU" when everyone left the cave and the focus was left on Matt and Elektra?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    No, you were not. I was glad Matt told them all to go and he stayed behind to get through to Elektra. It was a great tip of the hat to Miller's run on DD when Stone and Stick were fighting the Hand while Matt used part of his "essence", to bring Elektra back.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Didn't it feel like all if not most of the scenes with the ancillary characters (not our heroic quartet) were just to fill run time or just to give the screen time? Because I skipped over almost all those scenes in the last two episodes and missed nothing! What a time saver!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I didn't skip over anything, but like I said in my short review, this felt like an extension of DD season 2.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Madam Gao fighting Luke Cage was ridiculous. They really, REALLY weakened him for this show.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    They absolutely did. Even Elektra knocked him out with a kick to the head. I mean, I love Elektra, but that just should not happen.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Elektra was OK. Not sure why she decided to become so evil once she remembered who she was. Or why she suddenly cared about finishing a plan she was only apart as a pawn. Whatever.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I think she was still tainted by the Dark Sky in her until the very end when Matt got through to her.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Danny looked really awkward there at the end on the roof with his glowing. Not cool so much as what are you doing? Go spend your money on improving law enforcement or something.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I actually thought that was cool. It was a nod to when Danny was subbing for Daredevil in his series. Check out IF #1 Director's Cut if you haven't read it yet.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus87 View Post
    Just thought of something. They could bring Danny into DD S3 and have him be DD while Matt recovers!!!!! (instead of doing it because he is in prison or whatever it was in the comics)

10/10 story right there!!!!
    I would be okay with that but ONLY if it is for one or two episodes. I watch DD to see Matt in the suit, not Danny.

I wouldn't mind it, but I don't see how they could pull that off outside of the Defenders. Between filming for DD and Jessica, there just wouldn't be time for a spin off.

The best to worst of the shows so far, for me, would have to be:

JJ
    DD 1
    Defenders
    DD 2
    Iron Fist
    Luke Cage
    Wow, DD Season 2 is fourth on your list? That's my favorite season out of all of them. Between Matt, Elektra and the Punisher, it was awesome!

Ultimate Member

I suspect that if they do pull from Born Again it'll likely be drugs and prostitution. But I suspect the show will do something with no real impact and have it just be that she killed someone before. And I'm sure it will be perfectly justified lessening its impact even more. Or may be wrong and they actually do something interesting.
    See I considered that. But with how much they've built up how "dark" she thinks this is, it cannot just be that. That might be part of it, but there has to be more. Especially when you see stuff like her having no qualms about killing Wesley, mentioning that she knows how to use guns, and being able to successfully cover her tracks afterwards.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Wow, DD Season 2 is fourth on your list? That's my favorite season out of all of them. Between Matt, Elektra and the Punisher, it was awesome!
    DD S2 was great, for half a season. The stuff with Punisher is fantastic. But then once The Hand/Elektra stuff came about, it went downhill fast for me. I just don't like what they've done with Elektra's character thus far, and MCU The Hand is one of the most boring and uninteresting villain groups out there. Over three seasons spread over three shows, they haven't been able to make this version work for me.