Page 16 of 324 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Echoing what a few of you have already said, I'm all for Soule taking on Daredevil. He's an excellent writer.

I've quite enjoyed the Waid run (with the exception of a couple of factors such as DD revealing his identity and Waid pushing his pro liberal agenda) but I'm not a fan of Samnee at all. Samnee does great covers, but I don't like his interior art much at all. I have liked the issues that were illustrated by Javier Rodriguez and Paolo Rivera. Waid has combined depth with a lighthearted silver age feel which I've grown to appreciate.

I absolutely love what Rodriguez did in Daredevil #28 with his reiteration of the cover of Defenders #24 (I have this original issue as I collect Daredevil appearances also):

BANNED

I do not like DD revealing his identity as well.
    It will no longer be an issue since 616 San Fransisco is not a part of Battleworld and 616 Matthew Michael Murdock and co. will cease to be.
    I enjoyed 616 Daredevil for 51 years of his publication existence.

I remember my dad had come back from America, bringing with him a pile of Marvel comics for me (like he always did when he visited the States, God bless him), and the cover that stood out a mile in all those varied comics was Daredevil #189. I'd never been much of a DD fan, but that cover is just so memorable, with the yellow background and the arrows flying and the swords held high...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's iconic.

Ultimate Member

DD revealing his identity was one of my favorite parts of Waid's run. 1) His identity was already an open secret in NYC anyway. Most people knew or suspected that Matt was DD already (than Bendis and Brubaker for that), and 2) it actually progresses the character, which is something that rarely happens in comics. Changing the status quo every now and again, what a novel concept.

I just started reading DD.

The first I read of the character was #2 of Waid's current run. My son told me to read the issue, so I did, and loved it.
    I immediately ordered all three hardcovers of the previous Waid run. I haven't read those yet, but my son is working on them.

Then I read DD #7 in my Sub-Mariner MMW vol. 1 book. I became even more interested in the character after reading that glorious issue, and now I'm working my way through the first DD MMW vol. 1 book, and I have intentions of reading him in order from that point on. I've only made it through the first issue, though, as I didn't have time to read much this weekend.
    It was a fun issue, though. Sad, but Lee still made it fun.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    It will no longer be an issue since 616 San Fransisco is not a part of Battleworld and 616 Matthew Michael Murdock and co. will cease to be.
    Same here it kinda makes him look like a dick for suing that paper in Bendis's run and shouldn't the "Fridging problem" be even worse moving forward now that everyone knows who he is?
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 02-09-2015 at 07:56 AM.
    We need better comics

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    As a Daredevil fan/completist, it's great to see a DD appreciation thread up and running

A Top Five Most Iconic Daredevil Covers piece has just gone up.

I have 4 of those 5 original issues, and 6 of the remaining 10 (6-15). It helps that I started collecting DD comics in the early 80's during the Miller run
    DD #181 is my favorite
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

What with the news that Marvel and Sony have cut a deal, CBR have a poll asking which Marvel Cinematic Universe mainstay should Spider-Man team-up with first? Daredevil is currently third with Captain America first and Iron Man second. You can vote here.

Edit: Yes, Daredevil has now overtaken Iron Man, to take second place. Keep those votes coming.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 02-10-2015 at 04:08 AM.

I read #2 last night.
    My, my how times have changed, Foggy.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    What with the news that Marvel and Sony have cut a deal, CBR have a poll asking which Marvel Cinematic Universe mainstay should Spider-Man team-up with first? Daredevil is currently third with Captain America first and Iron Man second. You can vote here.

Edit: Yes, Daredevil has now overtaken Iron Man, to take second place. Keep those votes coming.
    OMD killed the PP and MM friendship. Why on Earth Spider-man's identity should be secret for everybody even for story that goes back 25 or so years (Sin Eater) I still don't understand.

What makes you so sure of this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    My understanding is that the ONLY chunk of Earth 616 that will be a dominion of Battleworld is 616 Manhattan. To me, the only way 616 Matt Murdock can still be around is that he will be in 616 Manhattan when the rest of Earth 616 ceases to be. To me, it is also very covenient that 616 Tony Stark happens to be in 616 Manhattan and not in 616 San Francisco when the rest of Earth 616 ceases to be.

BANNED

I have always liked the fiendship between PP and MM.
    BMB's vision that they would not be friends I have always abhorred. Saw it in some pages of US.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 02-12-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    My understanding is that the ONLY chunk of Earth 616 that will be a dominion of Battleworld is 616 Manhattan. To me, the only way 616 Matt Murdock can still be around is that he will be in 616 Manhattan when the rest of Earth 616 ceases to be. To me, it is also very covenient that 616 Tony Stark happens to be in 616 Manhattan and not in 616 San Francisco when the rest of Earth 616 ceases to be.
    Ok, but DD revealed his identity in 616 New York and then moved to 616 San Francisco. Therefore, all of 616 New York knows that Matt Murdock is Daredevil, and still will unless they implement some kind of general memory wipe? Or am I missing something here?

I have always liked the fiendship between PP and MM.
    BMB's vision that they would not be friends I have always abhorred. Saw it in some pages of US.
    Doesn't Bendis have a few occassions when he very much strengthens their friendship? Or at least demonstrates they are friends?