Page 2 of 324 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Not me. I found I read them in Spurts and then would shy away from them for several issues. This run I want to read Every issue!

Relatively new fan. I spilled my whole "backstory" in the lettercol of #1.5 (Hi. I'm Ellen Fleischer.)

Bottom line: I used to be excited for comics. I used to walk to the LCS on my lunch break and read the books on my way back to the office. And then... somewhere along the line, the books stopped being fun and exciting and just became a habit. I was reading mostly DC (see avatar). And then I had a thin pull-list one week and took a chance on Waid's #18. And it was... WOW. For the first time in YEARS, I had a comic I wanted to reread. I added DD to my pull-list.

My LCS folded a few months later and I went digital. And I discovered Marvel Unlimited and Comixology. And I spent a few months just catching up on the last 50 years (though I really want more Volume 1 uploaded. Especially the issues where Foggy learns the secret and he and Matt discuss it.)

Also, I have to admit that I get a little thrill when I tweet about loving the latest issue and get a thank you from Chris Samnee or Peter Krause. Yes, I'd love the series even if the acknowledgment wasn't there, but it's one more reason to love the title.

#36 was the first time a comic made me cry (The scene in the hospital) since Rahne was trying to find ways she could have saved Doug, back in New Mutants... 60?

This is now the title I most anticipate each month.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Daredevil fans, don't forget Matt guest stars in fellow lawyer Jen Walter's book in next week's She-Hulk #4.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21473

Just saw that! I'm over the moon. She-Hulk is my SECOND-favorite Marvel hero!

Extraordinary Member

2603554-daredevil.jpg
    I wish this kind of went mainstream. I'm Not Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    2603554-daredevil.jpg
    The shirt is actually for sale now lol

http://www.welovefine.com/1557-not-d...l#.U2PRQPldVp4

This is Marvel approved since they usually retweet the site links.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Being disabled, but not necessarily passive, and girl-crazy, Matt is very much someone I latched on to. Ninja Turtles helped steer me to him too. Started with Miller of course, in the middle of Bendis's first run now.

Extraordinary Member

Little stories like that make you realise the importance and effect comics can have on us all.
    And I'm getting that shirt.

Daredevil is my favorite Marevel street level hero. By far.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    2603554-daredevil.jpg
    The one thing I can't stand about Waid's run is that he revealed Matt's secret identity again. Very few super heroes can pull off the open identity thing well (Iron Man and Wolverine come to mind). In my opinion, Matt/Daredevil is not one of them.

It was AT LEAST better when his identity was a running joke and people knew Matt was Daredevil but that they still didn't REALLY know for sure. That was a nice balance and injected some good humor into the book.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    For me its Miller > BruBaker> Bendis > Waid > Nocenti > the rest
    All of those writers were great, but everyone always lists the same ones all the time when it comes to Daredevil.

Am I the only one who think Roger McKenzie should be mentioned among the best when it comes to Daredevil writers? He was a good bridge between super campy Silver Age Daredevil and the dark, noir-styled Daredevil that Frank Miller made popular. Not only that, but he just wrote some really good stuff during his run. I guess people over look him since he wrote the book right before Frank Miller took over the writing chores.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    All of those writers were great, but everyone always lists the same ones all the time when it comes to Daredevil.

Am I the only one who think Roger McKenzie should be mentioned among the best when it comes to Daredevil writers? He was a good bridge between super campy Silver Age Daredevil and the dark, noir-styled Daredevil that Frank Miller made popular. Not only that, but he just wrote some really good stuff during his run. I guess people over look him since he wrote the book right before Frank Miller took over the writing chores.
    I started with Miller's run so I can't rate the older stuff because I haven't read them. I'll read the older stuff eventually.

When Matt revealed his Identity did he get into trouble for suing the paper?

I was expecting that to happen

Daredevil is one of the best comic characters ever. Even though I still think the Miller run(s) trump everything else by far, I always enjoy reading DD. Matt is so completely likable and awesome, with such a fantastic visual appearance, powerset, and rogues gallery, and has been lucky to have such a murderer's row of writers and artists tell and depict his tales.

I will probably re-read the Miller stuff soon and I am happy to continue with the Waid run. Interested to see what Waid does with Matt's family in Original Sin. I am not a religious person but I think religion is a key element in Matt's life and something which has been kind of ignored for too long, so I am happy to see Waid reintroduce that element to DD.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I love the current book by Waid and Samnee, but I'd love more DARK NIGHTS. Just some darker DAREDEVIL stories set in the past, or present or whatever.

I need more DD each month, and I'm hankering for some violent Horn Head.

Extraordinary Member

End of Days was pretty good.