Page 219 of 324 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 4858
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Marvel should see if Lee Weeks would like to take over the art duties on the book.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I liked the recommendation of David Aja I've heard before.

Garney took a long time to grow on me, but, by the end, I thought he was great. He will be missed, but I hope they find a great regular artist to replace him.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I liked the recommendation of David Aja I've heard before.
    Depends on which Aja we would get. IIF Aja? Oh yes! Hawkeye Aja? Nope, nope, nope.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Depends on which Aja we would get. IIF Aja? Oh yes! Hawkeye Aja? Nope, nope, nope.
    I agree. Hawkeye Aja reminds me too much of Samnee.. and I didn't really enjoy Samnee.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

See, I loved Samnee, so I can't agree there. That being said, I think Aja does some more interesting things with layouts and negative space than Samnee.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    See, I loved Samnee, so I can't agree there. That being said, I think Aja does some more interesting things with layouts and negative space than Samnee.
    I just prefer some styles over others when it comes to certain characters. Garney for instance, I enjoy on DD much more than Samnee because I don't think DD should look too lighthearted or cartoony. Aja on Hawkeye was wonderful because I felt it fit the character and the book.

Aja all day! His style suits Daredevil perfectly!
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-06-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Look at this, people!

Okay, you've convinced me.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Marvel should see if Lee Weeks would like to take over the art duties on the book.
    Lee Weeks woild be absolutely fantastic, one of my favourite artists and in my top 3 Daredevil artists after Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli. Unfortunately (or fortunately for others), it looks like he'll now be on Batman what with the success of Batman Annual #2. He's on a bit of a high at the moment, and rightly so.

I'm not convinced regarding David Aja. That short story he did on Daredevil in #500 was good but nothing really amazing IMHO.

New issue out today and it was absolutely superlative! Garney returns in spectacular fashion with some awesome pages. Matt and Kingpins scene was really cool. The tension was palpable. Loved it. And Muse just became all the more intriguing and menacing. Anyone else get pick this up today? Thoughts?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-07-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    New issue out today and it was absolutely superlative! Garney returns in spectacular fashion with some awesome pages. Matt and Kingpins scene was really cool. The tension was palpable. Loved it. And Muse just became all the more intriguing and menacing. Anyone else get pick this up today? Thoughts?
    it was really good, i really liked it. i love the art, the writing is great, and Muse is so brutal but also has an intriguing personality. i feel he makes a great addition to DD's rogue's gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by la-femme-amelie View Post
    it was really good, i really liked it. i love the art, the writing is great, and Muse is so brutal but also has an intriguing personality. i feel he makes a great addition to DD's rogue's gallery.
    Agreed.. which for me, has been sort of lackluster. Muse is a great addition.

Matt's reason for wearing black again is pretty much what I figured. Makes sense. I'm cool with it.

I'd also like to add She-Hulk to my roster for a possible Defenders reboot. Seeing as Muse finds her as an integral part of NYC also haha
    Last edited by cc008; 02-07-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Any news on Soule DD getting deluxe hardcovers? I want to wait a bit before getting the trades and if DH are coming in I wanna save for them.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Any news on Soule DD getting deluxe hardcovers? I want to wait a bit before getting the trades and if DH are coming in I wanna save for them.
    Not that I know of. You can always keep aware of such news at manwithoutfear.com.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-07-2018 at 01:49 PM.