Page 220 of 324 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 4858

Glad to hear 598 is fun, haven't gotten to it yet. Quick question is this just a cameo by Muse? Or does it look like hes going to be a part of the story for a bit? He is a interesting character and a new villain that is very unique! His first "arc" was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post
    Glad to hear 598 is fun, haven't gotten to it yet. Quick question is this just a cameo by Muse? Or does it look like hes going to be a part of the story for a bit? He is a interesting character and a new villain that is very unique! His first "arc" was awesome.
    He's very much involved in this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post
    Glad to hear 598 is fun, havuen't gotten to it yet. Quick question is this just a cameo by Muse? Or does it look like hes going to be a part of the story for a bit? He is a interesting character and a new villain that is very unique! His first "arc" was awesome.
    Today's issue definitely adds to that.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Agreed.. which for me, has been sort of lackluster. Muse is a great addition.

Matt's reason for wearing black again is pretty much what I figured. Makes sense. I'm cool with it.

I'd also like to add She-Hulk to my roster for a possible Defenders reboot. Seeing as Muse finds her as an integral part of NYC also haha
    The new villain from Daredevil Reborn named Calevera was pretty cool. I always thought it was unfortunate no one's picked up on him and used him since.

And yea his move back to the black worked well within the story. I was surprised at how happy I was to have it back, especially under Garney's pencils.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-07-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Muse is a great villain and was used here effectively. Kingpin was also written as best as Soule has written him. I don't like DD being back in black, but I appreciate the explanation and I'm fine with it.

ETA: The letter's page is apparently called "DearDevil." I like that.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 02-07-2018 at 06:45 PM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Just thought I'd show some appreciation for Daredevil here. I was never into Daredevil at all until watching the Netflix series, and after buying and reading "The Man Without Fear" by Miller and JRJR, I'm all in on Daredevil! I've recently bought the first Brubaker Omnibus, which I'm desperate to read but I'm holding off until I've bought and read the Bendis and Maleev run first.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Just thought I'd show some appreciation for Daredevil here. I was never into Daredevil at all until watching the Netflix series, and after buying and reading "The Man Without Fear" by Miller and JRJR, I'm all in on Daredevil! I've recently bought the first Brubaker Omnibus, which I'm desperate to read but I'm holding off until I've bought and read the Bendis and Maleev run first.
    Hi FluffySheep. Absolutely read the Bendis/Maleev run first and even before that read the Smith/Quesada run if you haven't done that already. I assume you read Miller's initial run and "Born Again"? If not, get a hold of the Omnibuses before they go OOP again

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hi FluffySheep. Absolutely read the Bendis/Maleev run first and even before that read the Smith/Quesada run if you haven't done that already. I assume you read Miller's initial run and "Born Again"? If not, get a hold of the Omnibuses before they go OOP again
    I've only read The Main Without Fear so far but it was enough for the Daredevil bug to bite me. I'm thinking of getting the 3 TPBs of Miller's run and Born Again rather than buy the omnibuses to keep costs down. I'll definitely get the next Brubaker omnibus though as it's not too expensive.

I think I may have to settle for the Ultimate Collections of Bendis's run. Those omnibuses are way out of my spending limit.

I think I may have to settle for the Ultimate Collections of Bendis's run. Those omnibuses are way out of my spending limit.
    I'll be getting the ultimate collections too. I considered waiting to see if the omnibuses get a reprint when Daredevil series 3 is on Netflix but I don't really want to wait and it's risky anyway in case they never get reprinted.

I'll be getting the ultimate collections too. I considered waiting to see if the omnibuses get a reprint when Daredevil series 3 is on Netflix but I don't really want to wait and it's risky anyway in case they never get reprinted.
    I managed to pick up the 2nd Bendis Omnibus a few years back for under cover price and have been constantly on the lookout for Vol. 1. In place of Vol. 1 I have a mixture of TPBs and the Vol. 3 OHC. I'm also hoping for reprints.

I've only read The Main Without Fear so far but it was enough for the Daredevil bug to bite me. I'm thinking of getting the 3 TPBs of Miller's run and Born Again rather than buy the omnibuses to keep costs down. I'll definitely get the next Brubaker omnibus though as it's not too expensive.
    I absolutely recommend Miller's original run and Born Again before Bendis (and Bendis before Brubaker). I go back and forth on Kevin Smith's Guardian Devil, but it's probably worth checking out.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

In the upcoming "Infinity Countdown" event, Daredevil will be getting a one-shot, and so will Black Widow for those interested. Normally DD is kept out of these events, I wonder what he's got to do with it? Cosmic as well....

Yeah, that caught me by surprise. This event was a definite skip for me until I saw that. Now I'm getting second thoughts. I'm not doing everything (no Darkhawk), but I'll listen to the sales pitch for the main event plus DD, Black Widow, and maybe Carol.

Daredevil #598
    While Mayor Fisk continues his crusade against vigilantes, a new player joins the resistance against him...the psychopathic murder artist Muse! Can Daredevil deal with assaults from both sides of this conflict?
    https://www.cbr.com/daredevil-598/
    Great cover. Unfortunately, the inside art continues to be very disagreeable but the storyline is interesting enough to keep me anxious for the big #600. The return of Muse is good to see; the return of the black costume is bad to see. villain Mayor Fisk is an dramatic concept but it would work more convincing if it were already apparent in more of the big mainstream books. And it's odd to see a book come out later than the developments gone by for reforming Black Cat and cut down Diamondback.
    598_medium.jpg