Page 231 of 324 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 4858
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I've never understood the opposition to double shipping, especially if it's a comic one presumably enjoys. If the quality is well maintained on all fronts, if the next issue can be released in next couple weeks as opposed to having to wait an entire agonizing month to find out what happens next I'm ALL for it without question. Not only does double shipping keep a nice momentum to the story and keeps excitement high and fresh but, and perhaps most wonderfully, it's less time one has to wait for the next issue. Perhaps the only reason I'll miss Defenders despite its somewhat questionable story quality is because it was another spot to find DD every month (it was also greatly bolstered by Marquez art which REALLY helped and likely saved most of its enjoyment). Therefore whenever DD double ships I'm ecstatic markedly more so since his appearances in other books tend to be lackluster. So more double shipping! More DD to enjoy!
    Because I can only spend so much on comics per month. I specifically mentioned comics I might be interested in buying. I have to choose between Daredevil and that comic if I want to not spend more money each month. I'm sure I'll spend it on Daredevil, but that's not the case with every book that doubleships.

I'll also add that inconsistent shipping bothers me more. If a book is always going to be twice a month, I will drop another book from my pull list. If a book is often twice a month, do I keep that other book and spend slightly more the doubleship months or drop it and spend less the single ship months?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

I tend to not like DDs appearances outside his own series. They're invariably lusterless which makes me a proponent of double shipping DD all the more.
    I used to feel this way once upon a when. The last few years...not so much.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Nothing in the last few years have changed that at all for me. What's changed that for you?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-22-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Those are a couple really good arcs for sure. I guess I just find that the entire run, more or less, has been that good throughout. And Sam has not been present often enough to garner that kind of disdain. To me, he's been used rather effectively adds to the stories he's in and considering what he's been through, his determination to be hero, the cost he suffered, his family associations, skill, intellect, and uneasy relationship with DD, not to mention his imprudent plan to take out Muse alone no matter that cost that may have backfired in the previous issue, he's very far from vanilla.
    All those things sound great. It was great on Tim Drake back in the day. The difference is the execution. The execution is like watching professional golf.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Nothing in the few years have changed that at all for me. What's changed that for you?
    Charles Soule's Daredevil and Bendis' Defenders.

I would not suggest Defenders to someone looking to read Daredevil though.

And I enjoyed Defenders for the most part.

All those things sound great. It was great on Tim Drake back in the day. The difference is the execution. The execution is like watching professional golf.
    The execution is watching an optimistic kid who's desire to be a hero turns into self-sacrifice and then anger and resentment and now potential suicide in addition to his mentors despair in his inability to help despite his best efforts. That's a hell of an arc.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-22-2018 at 06:41 PM.

That's only solidified my general dislike of Daredevil appeances outside his own series and for his own series to double ship more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Because I can only spend so much on comics per month. I specifically mentioned comics I might be interested in buying. I have to choose between Daredevil and that comic if I want to not spend more money each month. I'm sure I'll spend it on Daredevil, but that's not the case with every book that doubleships.

I'll also add that inconsistent shipping bothers me more. If a book is always going to be twice a month, I will drop another book from my pull list. If a book is often twice a month, do I keep that other book and spend slightly more the doubleship months or drop it and spend less the single ship months?
    When in doubt, just buy Daredevil. Especially while Soule is still on. And it's a good thing solits are released months ahead of shipping so you know what's going to double ship and not and budget accordingly.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-22-2018 at 06:59 PM.

When in doubt, just buy Daredevil. Especially while Soule is still on. And it's a good thing solits are released months ahead of shipping so you know what's going to double and not and budget accordingly.
    That's really all I use them for. I tend to not read the descriptions for the issues because I'd rather not know that much until I read them. I just like see how many of each book is coming out so I can plan accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That's really all I use them for. I tend to not read the descriptions for the issues because I'd rather not know that much until I read them. I just like see how many of each book is coming out so I can plan accordingly.
    Oh really? I'm all over the solits. I actually don't like it when they're vague but I also like that at the same time since that leaves more to surprise when the issue is out.

same here

I liked Marvel Knights, the Defenders and even his cup of coffee in the Avengers.

DD works well with others.They used to use his senses as an excuse of keeping him solo but that always rang false to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DEFENDERS VOL. 2: KINGPINS OF NEW YORK TPB Cover by DAVID MARQUEZ:
    Who is that in the back on the left? next to Electra and under White Tiger? Is it Echo?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That's fair. Usually I'd agree. For certain characters, they just work better in a solo and Daredevil is one of them. Not to say I don't like seeing him interact with other heroes or be on a team. But the pages inside Daredevil are what matter most.
    Yep. For sure.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-22-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Who is that in the back on the left? next to Electra and under White Tiger? Is it Echo?
    Yes. That's Echo.