Page 256 of 324 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 4858

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I don't know.. I loved 600.
    Same!!! I thought it was solid and Soule keeps delivering.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Same!!! I thought it was solid and Soule keeps delivering.
    I didn't mind that the ending was predictable. I think it still makes for a good story. Some things are just easier to see unfold than others. I thought Matt's posture and reaction in the truck at the end was perfect. Made me smirk a little bit actually, too. Garney's art was so on point as well. The fight between Muse and Blindspot was entertaining as hell and I enjoyed the dialogue between them.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I didn't mind that the ending was predictable. I think it still makes for a good story. Some things are just easier to see unfold than others. I thought Matt's posture and reaction in the truck at the end was perfect. Made me smirk a little bit actually, too. Garney's art was so on point as well. The fight between Muse and Blindspot was entertaining as hell and I enjoyed the dialogue between them.
    I agree with this.

Daredevil by Victor Santos

Love it ^^^

Last edited by Nanashi; 04-02-2018 at 02:16 PM.

OPEN EDITION GICLÉE PRINT "DAREDEVIL"
    https://t.co/vxdOadi97T?amp=1

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    Daredevil 600 was like the abysmal culmination of all the garbage aspects of Soule's run. Remember that big Supreme Court storyline, and how Murdock got vigilante's testimony to be legally admissable, giving heroes a level of legal credibility they've never had in the Marvel Universe, and how that huge development has played directly into this current storyline where...Kingpin is mayor, vigilantes are illegal, and the public hates them? Stupid. Blindspot was bad enough, but blindspot with vaguely-defined evil-mystical powers is...stupid. Muse was bad enough, but muse anticlimactically just running into a fire? Stupid. Remember how Fisk was the almost the leader of the Hand a few years back? Maybe that has something to do with his assasination...oh no the Hand came to kill Blindspot, and filled Fisk with arrows because...they're stupid? There's a lot stupider stuff going on here than just Daredevil leading all of NYC's heroes into a trap that Kingpin didn't even realize he was going to catch them in, and that's pretty freaking stupid.

Christos Gage deserves a hell of a lot of credit, because that Foggy backup was the best Daredevil story they've published in years now.
    Man, I cannot seem to like Soule's writing. It's annoying, it's very annoying. Daredevil is one of my favorite characters and I can't wait for Soule to leave this book. I don't like the art either.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Man, I cannot seem to like Soule's writing. It's annoying, it's very annoying. Daredevil is one of my favorite characters and I can't wait for Soule to leave this book. I don't like the art either.
    What is a scene or two that exemplifies this for you?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 04-03-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Daredevil and The Kingpin fit this paradigm well, I think, especially in light of the recently concluded Mayor Fisk arc.

Matt, Kristen, and Foggy by retdis

I enjoyed #600. It wasn't without it's flaws, that's for sure, but I found myself entertained while reading. I gasped and laughed, and when the revelation at the end came, I was not surprised but I was not expecting that as well. Does that make sense?

Anyhow, I can see some of the problems everyone is referring to when it comes to that issue and I am not the biggest "Soule-on-Daredevil" fan myself. It got my thinking that maybe it is time to change the writing on DD's ongoing title (I have been wanting this for a while). I know it was discussed again, but after reaching the milestone #600 and seeing how all things played out, do you think it's Soule's time to move to another character? Has he given all he had to give? And most importantly, who would you choose to write DD after him?

Quote Originally Posted by The Man Without Beer View Post
    I enjoyed #600. It wasn't without it's flaws, that's for sure, but I found myself entertained while reading. I gasped and laughed, and when the revelation at the end came, I was not surprised but I was not expecting that as well. Does that make sense?
    It's not the strongest issue of his run but even then far from a bad issue altogether.

Anyhow, I can see some of the problems everyone is referring to when it comes to that issue and I am not the biggest "Soule-on-Daredevil" fan myself. It got my thinking that maybe it is time to change the writing on DD's ongoing title (I have been wanting this for a while). I know it was discussed again, but after reaching the milestone #600 and seeing how all things played out, do you think it's Soule's time to move to another character? Has he given all he had to give? And most importantly, who would you choose to write DD after him?
    Absolutely not. I pray Soule stays on for a good while to come. For me, 600 was merely disappointing, not bad, and only so because of how immensely I enjoyed the Mayor Fisk arc and the run as whole. My expectations were
    astronomically high for his milestone centennial anniversary issue and while they weren't met, 600 was well done all the same. Thankfully, Soule has confirmed he'll be on DD for a time well after 600 and I couldn't be more delighted.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 04-05-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Another vid that I think applies equally well to Daredevil if not better than the titular character. Worth a watch if anyone has the time!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    What is a scene or two that exemplifies this for you?
    Soule is NOT a good writer at all. He has good ideas, but terrible execution. It starts well, and then... nothing, end badly. See IvX and Astonishing X-Men.

As for art, well, I just don't like it. Especially when I remember that DD was lucky to have Paolo Rivera, Chris Samnee, Alex Maleev, Gene Colan, John Romita, Sr., John Romita, Jr., Mike Lark, Klaus Janson, Lee Weeks, Frank Miller, David Mazzucchelli...