Page 270 of 324 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 4858

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    You have to separate real life from the story in the comics. Is Misty there because Soule and editorial want her there? Sure, maybe. For the sake of the story, Misty is there because Daredevil sought her out just like Kitty sought him out. He's not going to waltz right up to Elektra given their last encounters and ask her for help.

Mystery in Madripoor in one of the other minis. Psylocke, Kitty, Storm maybe.. idk who else. In my opinion, Elektra doesn't fit in anywhere for this story.
    It's hard to separate those things when it's clear decisions made by characters are made through editorial influence rather than through the internal logic of the story. DD is perhaps one of the last people Kitty would have ever thought of to help with finding Wolverine given the breadth and scope of people and powers within the xmen who knew him far better. But I've touched on that before.

I think Elektra would have helped for reasons I've already mentioned. Plus when she last left DD it was understood that he wasn't at fault for what she was going through.

I'd be remiss to say that despite my misgivings, I am elated to have another DD book (sort of) to look forward to every month, and one done well with stellar art. I don't want to come off as if I dislike this book or anything. It all just kind of falls apart if you look too closely at how it's put together. Not unlike Avengers Infinity War, actually.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 05-03-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I've seen that. The Frank Miller segment is my favorite.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1bJOtf7u5U

Hopefully you've seen the Elektra one, too. Couldn't find a complete version, just its beginning. The doc is the best thing that came out of the Elektra movie and can be found on the Dvd. Its a reminder how much I still dig theese creators (Rucka,Miller,Bendis) even in times of comics fatigue

It's hard to separate those things when it's clear decisions made by characters are made through editorial influence rather than through the internal logic of the story. DD is perhaps one of the last people Kitty would have ever thought of to help with finding Wolverine given the breadth and scope of people and powers within the xmen who knew him far better. But I've touched on that before.

I think Elektra would have helped for reasons I've already mentioned. Plus when she last left DD it was understood that he wasn't at fault for what she was going through.

I'd be remiss to say that despite my misgivings, I am elated to have another DD book (sort of) to look forward to every month, and one done well with stellar art. I don't want to come off as if I dislike this book or anything. It all just kind of falls apart if you look too closely at how it's put together. Not unlike Avengers Infinity War, actually.
    Right exactly and you can say that much for pretty much any team book out there right now. Because a creator wanted to use them OR because it was suggested by an editor. Looking strictly from an in-story standpoint, I think Misty makes more sense than Elektra. But I do agree that Kitty going to Daredevil really doesn't even make all the sense in the world to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Right exactly and you can say that much for pretty much any team book out there right now. Because a creator wanted to use them OR because it was suggested by an editor. Looking strictly from an in-story standpoint, I think Misty makes more sense than Elektra. But I do agree that Kitty going to Daredevil really doesn't even make all the sense in the world to begin with.
    The only thing is those editorial choices, for lack of a better term, shouldn't feel obvious and blatant. That and I guess I just wish the team was a tad more cool and interesting.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 05-03-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Daredevil and Elektra Vs. The Hand by Chris Samnee

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

That is sweet
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Daredevil and Elektra Vs. The Hand by Chris Samnee

Really great stuff.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Has anyone read the Waid/Samnee Cap book? I'm looking forward to the HCs/trades.

The only thing is those editorial choices, for lack of a better term, shouldn't feel obvious and blatant. That and I guess I just wish the team was a tad more cool and interesting.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of this team either, if that was up to me I would have put Daredevil, Misty, White Tiger, Iron Fist and Moon Knight as a team, it would have worked great in this noir/detective setting

Moon Knight makes a lot of sense. Cypher just seems to be there because he's an X-Man... although I do like Cypher. Misty makes sense to me, but Frank McGee really makes sense. He's recently worked with Matt in another detective case so there's no reason for Matt to not go back to him.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Has anyone read the Waid/Samnee Cap book? I'm looking forward to the HCs/trades.
    It's okay. Conversely, the art by Samnee and Wilson is outstanding.

Daredevil by Michael Lark

I never really read much dared vil before. But I received the essential Daredevil vol 1 2 and 3 as a gift. I lived right in and am really enjoying them. I am on issue 61 right now. Daredevil is quickly becoming a favorite.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Daredevil by Michael Lark

So cool. I wish he was doing the art on the book.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor