Page 273 of 324 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 4858

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Uh-oh! I do hope this doesn't mean Weapons Lost won't end conclusively and satisfactorily without the other minis I couldn't care less about.

https://twitter.com/charlessoule/sta...678897152?s=21
    I think we all knew that it would connect to the others in some way. I just hope that from a DD standpoint, it can hold up on its own, because I actually really liked #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah, I still don't understand some of the creative choices in this serie, but really the second half of Season 2 and the first season Defenders were so disappointing.

From what I understand each mini has its own ending and basically reveal some clues about what's going on with Wolverine. Judging by the interviews, each serie will have a big revelation about Logan and the Marvel continuity and if you read the four mini you will have a better idea about what's the deal with Logan's return.

The 4 mini lead to something in september (either a new mini or the Wolverine relaunch), Soule compare the 4 mini to the several MCU movies leading to Infinity War, you don't need to watch the movies to understand Infinity War but if you saw them the experience will be enhanced, same thing with the Hunt minis.

source : https://twitter.com/CharlesSoule/sta...50225948954624

So yeah the mini should stand on its own and end conclusively and satisfactorily but you will also have a teaser about what's coming next.
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think we all knew that it would connect to the others in some way. I just hope that from a DD standpoint, it can hold up on its own, because I actually really liked #1.
    I suppose we'll see in time.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 05-10-2018 at 03:46 PM.

There's a preview to the Infinity Countdown tie in and I'm most definitely passing on this one. I didn't even finish those few pages. My lack of interest is too great. Also, it looks awful.

https://t.co/mmtnDaOddf?amp=1
    Last edited by Nanashi; 05-10-2018 at 05:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I thought the pages were cool. Very much a quick fill-in for who Daredevil is, but it's cool to see him at the courthouse. The tease at the end feels a lot like the Secret Wars II tie-in. It's a trope that's been used before, but I don't think it's been overdone. At a minimum, I didn't think this one was Gerry Duggan, so I'm glad to see it is.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I can afford all the Infinity Countdown/Wars books so I've held off so far.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I thought the pages were cool. Very much a quick fill-in for who Daredevil is, but it's cool to see him at the courthouse. The tease at the end feels a lot like the Secret Wars II tie-in. It's a trope that's been used before, but I don't think it's been overdone. At a minimum, I didn't think this one was Gerry Duggan, so I'm glad to see it is.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I can afford all the Infinity Countdown/Wars books so I've held off so far.
    Those were the most cartoonishly bright and vibrant and soft lined art for a Daredevil comic that I've seen in sometime and it was off putting at best. Making most of the preview being an origin recap didn't help, either.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 05-11-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I liked the brightness. It reminded me of Chris Samnee and Javier Rodriguez.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Samnee was definitely more cartoonish than this. I did not know Duggan was writing this. May have persuaded me to pick it up.

Agreed! I prefer DD to look like that. The harsh lines and gritty colors has gotten old a long time ago.

Not at all for me. I absolutely love Samnee's art and that preview does not come close. Perhaps it's the style then? Whatever it is, the art in that preview just doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Samnee was definitely more cartoonish than this. I did not know Duggan was writing this. May have persuaded me to pick it up.
    No way! It must just be this artists style then that I'm not liking because Samnee's Daredevil is an absolute favorite.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 05-11-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Agreed! I prefer DD to look like that. The harsh lines and gritty colors has gotten old a long time ago.
    DD unequivocally does best in harsh lines and gritty colors.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Chris Samnee with Mark Waid are great storytellers but I never warmed to his art when it came to faces and regular people. His cover art is pretty exceptional and action sequences are pretty good. On the other hand, Javier Rodriguez and Paolo Rivera became my favourite artists on the Waid run. I can't understand why Javier Rodriguez has never been nominated for an Eisner with regards to his colouring. It's pretty outstanding.

Daredevil and Old Man Logan by Ron Garney - this time in colour:

INFINITY COUNTDOWN #4 Variant Cover by ADI GRANOV featuring Turk:

Here we go! Daredevil 602 preview is up!

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...daredevil-602/