Page 279 of 324 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 4858
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I thought 602 was very thrilling. There was a lot of intensity and I liked it overall.

My LCS put Infinity Countdown in my box, so I caved and bought it. I thought the issue was fascinating. In many ways, it's a very nostalgic story with throwbacks to the Miller era. But, obviously, it's a very different story. It's a story set in the wider Marvel Universe, but I think it manages to do that without losing Daredevil's grounded position. The very different style of art from Miller even when showing scenes from more iconic stories helped show that. But I loved the scene in Josie's Bar. I think a lot of people have forgotten the genuine humor that came from when Matt went there for information. It was never about the violence. I thought this one was a fresh take on it.

My only real complaint is this - it says the story is continued, but it's unclear where it's continued to. Is it just going to be the main book?
    Yeah, that was my thought too. This is a one-shot so I'm guessing it continues in the main book. If that's the case it should've just said "Continued in Infinity Countdown" or Infinity Wars, or wherever the story is meant to pick up next.

Either way, glad I'm not the only who found this tie-in to be an interesting read!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, that was my thought too. This is a one-shot so I'm guessing it continues in the main book. If that's the case it should've just said "Continued in Infinity Countdown" or Infinity Wars, or wherever the story is meant to pick up next.

Either way, glad I'm not the only who found this tie-in to be an interesting read!
    I really enjoyed the Infinity War tie-in issue as well! I liked the direction they went with Turk, and I am intrigued to see what will follow, especially if it's going to be in DD main series!

Sounds like I'll be picking up the issue. As if Duggan writing wasnt enough incentive.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm in the same way. I had the Essentials, the Miller collected stuff, and a few trades in the Daredevil Legends series. I'm slowly replacing them with Epics when the Epics come out.
    Cool. Miller was actually my first exposure to DD comics (I was quite a fan of the movie when it came out though) and after that I felt that I needed to go back to the beginnings. I did not know that the Essentials were black and white though, but I got used to it pretty quick, and I gotta admit there's a certain kind of charm to it. But it would be nice to reread them the way they're supposed to be read.

Daredevil Vs. Bullseye by Chris Samnee

Daredevil makes an appearance in Punisher 224. Issue wasn't bad, either.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 05-17-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Punisher's been really enjoyable with the War Machine armor. Can't say I'm excited for him to get his "fresh start," because it'll be anything but.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Punisher's been really enjoyable with the War Machine armor. Can't say I'm excited for him to get his "fresh start," because it'll be anything but.
    He's so brutal in the armor.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 05-19-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Gladiator by Mitch Breitweiser

BANNED

Hi guys

Miller& Rominta jr. mini was my first exposure to DD as comics. I thought it was ok, later on i read Kevin Smith's run, that was ok too but after that i read Bendis's run, and that was what blew me away. It was Just plain amazing. I read some of Frank Miller's run as visionaries tpbs as well and it wasn't aged well... But Bendis, just wow... That's probably one of the best comic book runs in comics history. I have Brubaker's run as complete collection, but i haven't read it yet. I don't get anymore tpbs, just some HCs and mostly Omnibuses now and i think i will get DD as omnibuses. It seems Marvel publishes everything DD in omnibus format.

Yeah it's just that some of them are super hard to come by now unless you're willing to shell out some extra cash or wait for a reprint. I was lucky enough to get all of the Marvel knights hardcovers for pretty cheap. Otherwise I'd never have Bendis' run in hardcover because the omnis are so expensive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah it's just that some of them are super hard to come by now unless you're willing to shell out some extra cash or wait for a reprint. I was lucky enough to get all of the Marvel knights hardcovers for pretty cheap. Otherwise I'd never have Bendis' run in hardcover because the omnis are so expensive.
    I hope they will reprint them. I can't get in to DD omnis immidiatly anyway... I'm on a limited budget and There are other omnibuses which i want to get like Weapon X Return and Harley Quinn and Gotham Sirens. I hope i will get them at june 1st and then i can spare some cash for DD omnis starting with whatever is avaliable, may be i get the Waid run first, everyone says it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I hope they will reprint them. I can't get in to DD omnis immidiatly anyway... I'm on a limited budget and There are other omnibuses which i want to get like Weapon X Return and Harley Quinn and Gotham Sirens. I hope i will get them at june 1st and then i can spare some cash for DD omnis starting with whatever is avaliable, may be i get the Waid run first, everyone says it's awesome.
    Much better than the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Hi guys

Miller& Rominta jr. mini was my first exposure to DD as comics. I thought it was ok, later on i read Kevin Smith's run, that was ok too but after that i read Bendis's run, and that was what blew me away. It was Just plain amazing. I read some of Frank Miller's run as visionaries tpbs as well and it wasn't aged well... But Bendis, just wow... That's probably one of the best comic book runs in comics history. I have Brubaker's run as complete collection, but i haven't read it yet. I don't get anymore tpbs, just some HCs and mostly Omnibuses now and i think i will get DD as omnibuses. It seems Marvel publishes everything DD in omnibus format.
    While Bendis run was quite good I actually enjoyed Brubakers more!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    While Bendis run was quite good I actually enjoyed Brubakers more!
    Same as I, I have to say, but it's very, very close.