Page 297 of 324 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 4858

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    https://twitter.com/marvel/status/10...723767296?s=21

What would Matt do if he came across one of Spidey's more monstrous and vicious enemies like Venom? Retreat most likely, no? He'd couldn't win...could he?
    He would get his ass kicked the first time, but then he would win the second round by outsmarting Venom

Awesome DD vs. Venom piece! Perhaps DD could not only survive an encounter but win after all!

Last edited by Nanashi; 06-08-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    He would get his ass kicked the first time, but then he would win the second round by outsmarting Venom
    All he's gotta do is not stay down and eventually he'll figure it out.

I just recalled that DDs tussled with the Hulk before and survived.

I just recalled that DDs tussled with the Hulk before and survived.
    Yeah in Miller's run.. it was a whole story arc I think

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah in Miller's run.. it was a whole story arc I think

That was a a hell of a story too! Again shows why Matt is one of Marvel’s greatest heroes. Going toe-to toe with the someone much more powerful, getting his ass kicked but refusing to quit until the situation was diffused.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    That was a a hell of a story too! Again shows why Matt is one of Marvel’s greatest heroes. Going toe-to toe with the someone much more powerful, getting his ass kicked but refusing to quit until the situation was diffused.
    Yes!!

What would Matt do if he came across one of Spidey's more monstrous and vicious enemies like Venom? Retreat most likely, no? He couldn't win...could he?
    Matt wouldn't run away. He may go down swinging... but he wouldn't retreat.

That Hulk battle is a masterpiece and one of my favorite DD stories ever. Daredevil was in intensive care for weeks after that fight... and he certainly didn't 'win'... but he NEVER gives up.

I've seen Daredevil fight Ultron, Absorbing Man, Blackheart and of course Hulk OH and even Submariner back when he first got the red suit. Daredevil makes it a habit to fight people outside his weight category... Venom would be no different.

On a separate note, did anyone read the 'Trial of Venom' that they did as a mail away special with Spidey, Daredevil and Venom? I always wanted to get that one, but never did. How did THAT fight go?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

What would Matt do if he came across one of Spidey's more monstrous and vicious enemies like Venom? Retreat most likely, no? He couldn't win...could he?
    He wouldn't run. That being said, isn't this what happened in Fall From Grace?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    He wouldn't run. That being said, isn't this what happened in Fall From Grace?
    Is it what happened there?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Matt wouldn't run away. He may go down swinging... but he wouldn't retreat.

That Hulk battle is a masterpiece and one of my favorite DD stories ever. Daredevil was in intensive care for weeks after that fight... and he certainly didn't 'win'... but he NEVER gives up.

I've seen Daredevil fight Ultron, Absorbing Man, Blackheart and of course Hulk OH and even Submariner back when he first got the red suit. Daredevil makes it a habit to fight people outside his weight category... Venom would be no different.
    Very true.

On a separate note, did anyone read the 'Trial of Venom' that they did as a mail away special with Spidey, Daredevil and Venom? I always wanted to get that one, but never did. How did THAT fight go?
    I'd like to know, too!
    Last edited by Nanashi; 06-08-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Is it what happened there?
    I believe that was his motivation for getting the armored costume. I'm set to re-read the story in a couple of weeks and I don't feel like checking it again before then.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I believe that was his motivation for getting the armored costume. I'm set to re-read the story in a couple of weeks and I don't feel like checking it again before then.
    If you remember to do share!

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Just read the Michel Fiffe story from Secret Wars: Secret Love again today and I forgot how much I loved it. It's a really faithful recreation of a very specific point in Nocenti's Daredevil, where New York was in the middle of the Inferno, Typhoid Mary was still running around, and Karen was helping Matt with the legal clinic. I think my favorite part of this story is how Fiffe remembers the way Nocenti liked to let Karen get in on the action sometimes.

You can tell how much Michel Fiffe loves those stories. I wouldn't mind him doing another indie series in homage to DD like how Copra is kind of an homage to Suicide Squad.