Page 302 of 324 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 4858

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    We had this conversation previously with Bendis's Defenders as well. Certainly, coordination is not a priority.
    It’s a shame, too. If there’s any other comic out there that’d probably feature Mayor Murdock more often than not and give his new position some spotlight outside his own comic, I think it’d be ASM
    Last edited by Nanashi; 06-17-2018 at 06:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Let's see where he is when we leave crisis mode.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Let's see where he is when we leave crisis mode.
    He’s still mayor as per solits for the next arc.

Daredevil by Jeff Dekal

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Daredevil by Jeff Dekal
    I like this one a lot.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Daredevil by Jeff Dekal

Nice!!

10 char
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

It’s a shame, too. If there’s any other comic out there that’d probably feature Mayor Murdock more often than not and give his new position some spotlight outside his own comic, I think it’d be ASM
    Agreed, seems like a real missed opportunity to connect this to other series and Spider-Man seems like the natural choice. Really enjoy their dynamic.

BANNED

Happy Father's Day

BANNED

Happy Father's Day

Little late, but a definite Happy Father's Day to Battlin Jack

Does anyone else think it made absolutely no sense that Jack didn’t throw that fight so he could be there for Matt?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 06-18-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Does anyone else think it made absolutely no sense that Jack didn’t throw that fight so he could be there for Matt?
    I think it makes sense that Jack didn't throw the fight and it creates quite possibly the best father/son dynamic in all of comics. Not to mention something that has defined Matt's character for a very long time, that being to never get up and fight for the underdog.

With that said, I would say that it makes more sense in the original origin story/DD Yellow where Jack wins the fight when Matt is already in college because at that point he doesn't really need to "take care of" Matt anymore. It's clear that Matt is smart and will be successful so I can see Jack not wanting to throw the fight in order to make Matt proud of him.

I think the Miller origin where he is a teenager makes it a little tougher, but still works.

I would say that this is something I thought the Netflix series did an amazing job with when the added in the dynamic that Jack bet on himself and left all the money for Matt. It fit the narrative perfectly the way they set up Jack and still had Matt as a teenager when it happened. It was established that they had money problems and not only did Jack want Matt to be proud of him, but it would provide him financial stability. While it may be flawed I believe Jack saw no other way out and thought he was doing the best for his son.
    Last edited by macjr33; 06-18-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    I think it makes sense that Jack didn't throw the fight and it creates quite possibly the best father/son dynamic in all of comics. Not to mention something that has defined Matt's character for a very long time, that being to never get up and fight for the underdog.

With that said, I would say that it makes more sense in the original origin story/DD Yellow where Jack wins the fight when Matt is already in college because at that point he doesn't really need to "take care of" Matt anymore. It's clear that Matt is smart and will be successful so I can see Jack not wanting to throw the fight in order to make Matt proud of him.

I think the Miller origin where he is a teenager makes it a little tougher, but still works.

I would say that this is something I thought the Netflix series did an amazing job with when the added in the dynamic that Jack bet on himself and left all the money for Matt. It fit the narrative perfectly the way they set up Jack and still had Matt as a teenager when it happened. It was established that they had money problems and not only did Jack want Matt to be proud of him, but it would provide him financial stability. While it may be flawed I believe Jack saw no other way out and thought he was doing the best for his son.
    Agreed. And very well said
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post

Interesting take.

At least drop a teaser! At least!!!

https://mcuexchange.com/daredevil-3-punisher-2-sdcc/