Page 314 of 324 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 4858
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    No Daredevil in this? That’s disappointing. If he has time to travel the world looking for Wolverine, I don’t doubt he’d have time to take on one of his own villains in his own neighborhood and one he has history with beyond mere fisticuffs. Then again, who knows how this’ll turn out so his exclusion may be for the best.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...r-spider-man-1
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Oh well. One less book I have to worry about picking up. If he's ever going to interact with Mary, I'd want it to be in his ongoing.
    https://www.cbr.com/typhoid-mary-returns-spider-man/

"Typhoid Mary will soon make her return to Marvel Comics when she goes up against Spider-Man in Typhoid Fever: Spider-Man #1. The issue will see Spider-Man team up with Daredevil while the latter is busy trying to take down New York City Mayor Wilson Fisk."

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Hey I updated a reading list I had put up a few times ago.
    What do you real fans thing about it ? Have I missed anyting ?
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...o-read/129727/
    I haven't really had much time to look through it all, but I would drop the Daredevil Brubaker Ultimate Collections, and in their place put the Daredevil Brubaker Omnibuses which also include the Daredevil and Tarantula Annuals which are key to the Brubaker run.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/typhoid-mary-returns-spider-man/

"Typhoid Mary will soon make her return to Marvel Comics when she goes up against Spider-Man in Typhoid Fever: Spider-Man #1. The issue will see Spider-Man team up with Daredevil while the latter is busy trying to take down New York City Mayor Wilson Fisk."
    If that’s the case I may check this out after all.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-18-2018 at 08:15 AM.

Matt makes an appearance in the new Jessica Jones series out today. It’s not too dissimilar from his cameo way back when in the original run.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-18-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I haven't really had much time to look through it all, but I would drop the Daredevil Brubaker Ultimate Collections, and in their place put the Daredevil Brubaker Omnibuses which also include the Daredevil and Tarantula Annuals which are key to the Brubaker run.
    Thanks for the info.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Matt makes an appearance in the new Jessica Jones series out today. It’s not too dissimilar from his cameo way back when in the original run.
    The continuity of it is interesting:

spoilers:
    He describes himself as Jessica's attorney. Does this mean he's back to doing defense work? We'll have to see.
    end of spoilers

Otherwise, the continuity is quite good with references to recent events in Defenders as well as the ACD.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The continuity of it is interesting:

spoilers:
    He describes himself as Jessica's attorney. Does this mean he's back to doing defense work? We'll have to see.
    end of spoilers

Otherwise, the continuity is quite good with references to recent events in Defenders as well as the ACD.
    He is on good terms with Foggy again, it would appear, so perhaps they opened shop together again. But that’d be a shame, I think, for I did like the change to A.D.A. as something new and different if nothing else.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-18-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Matt didn’t have his cane in JJ. I know Jessica knows he doesn’t need it, but isn’t Matt a fairy well known lawyer? The detectives recognized him immediately. Wouldn’t people question how he’s getting about on his own so effortlessly? Almost is if he didn’t need it? Too bad. I liked his portrayal in this issue too. I was close to praising it if not for that fumble. A nitpick, perhaps, but still.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-18-2018 at 07:20 PM.

Matt didn’t have his cane in JJ. I know Jessica knows he doesn’t need it, but isn’t Matt a fairy well known lawyer? The detectives recognized him immediately. Wouldn’t people question how he’s getting about on his own so effortlessly? Almost is if he didn’t need it? Too bad. I liked his portrayal in this issue too. I was close to praising it if not for that fumble. A nitpick, perhaps, but still.
    I'm pretty sure he didn't have his cane during his appearance in the original Alias series either. Not that it makes a difference just thought to point it out.

Also, in the Defenders series, I believe Jessica referred to Matt as her lawyer and when Matt revealed his identify to Jessica, Luke and Danny he has said "I'm you lawyer".

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he didn't have his cane during his appearance in the original Alias series either. Not that it makes a difference just thought to point it out.

Also, in the Defenders series, I believe Jessica referred to Matt as her lawyer and when Matt revealed his identify to Jessica, Luke and Danny he has said "I'm you lawyer".
    I’m going to try to find that scene in Alias and check. Not that that makes the mistake any more passable. It’d have been the same mistake even then. Unless the JJ creative team are aware of it and had him without his cane purposefully which leaves the question “why?”. Because it was Alias and the scenes in question are almost mirrors of each other?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-19-2018 at 06:05 AM.

Wow...uhh...wow...hahahaha ok, so a trailer for that DC streaming service show Titans just dropped and wow...hahaha...after watching that I’m stunned at just how much worse the Netflix Daredevil show really could have been in lesser hands and minds but am now all the more thankful for how really good Daredevil comparatively is and almost makes me regret some of my harsher criticisms because it could have obviously, as those DC TV shows show one after the other, been SO much worse.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-19-2018 at 06:34 AM.

Wow...uhh...wow...hahahaha ok, so a trailer for that DC streaming service show Titans just dropped and wow...hahaha...after watching that I’m stunned at just how much worse the Netflix Daredevil show really could have been in lesser hands and minds but am now all the more thankful for how really good Daredevil comparatively is and almost makes me regret some of my harsher criticisms because it could have obviously, as those DC TV shows show one after the other, been SO much worse.
    The ABSOLUTE WORST of any Daredevil episode is better than what I just watched in that trailer.

Here’s the scene from Alias. It’s unclear whether he had a cane or not. In the second panel on the top, he seems to be holding something in his right hand. It could be his cane or a briefcase. Either way, this scene isn’t as obviously erroneous as the one from this weeks JJ and if they did use this scene as a reference they didn’t pay very close attention to it if they thought Matt would walk around without a cane or a companion if he didn’t have a cane. Again, NITPICKING to the nth degree here because Matt was portrayed well in JJ this week, but it’s perhaps because of that such errors, like him not having a cane when walking around in public when he’s a well known lawyer, stand out all the more.

Last edited by Nanashi; 07-19-2018 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    The ABSOLUTE WORST of any Daredevil episode is better than what I just watched in that trailer.
    Hahaha Seriously!

Spectacular Member

I really enjoyed DD Netflix series, way more than any of the other Marvel Netflix shows.

DC shows definitely have that CW look to them, which I think really only works for Flash because when I think of Flash I think kitschy-ness is intentional