Page 315 of 324 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 4858

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurCurry View Post
    I really enjoyed DD Netflix series, way more than any of the other Marvel Netflix shows.

DC shows definitely have that CW look to them, which I think really only works for Flash because when I think of Flash I think kitschy-ness is intentional
    I enjoyed Daredevil, too, but with reservations. However, the more of these DC TV shows that are released the more those reservations for Daredevil wane and the more my appreciation for how it turned out increase, exponentially so as of today.

The DC CW shows are so hauntingly awful I don’t even pay them any attention anymore. A Batwoman show was just announced for the CW and I could not care less because I know what it’ll be. But the Titans show is on a different service altogether so I though it might be different or at least tolerable if not good. NOPE! It’s attempts at being “edgy” and “dark” are utterly laughable and any acting ability is non existent as is the case with all the DC CW shows. I could not contain myself from the sheer humor of how bad it was. Those leaked set pictures were in fact a spot on reflection of the quality (I use the word quality very loosely here) of how the show would be and wow was it SPOT ON! Maybe I’m taking this incorrectly? Maybe Titans is suppose to be a comedy?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-19-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Here’s the scene from Alias. It’s unclear whether he had a cane or not. In the second panel on the top, he seems to be holding something in his right hand. It could be his cane or a briefcase. Either way, this scene isn’t as obviously erroneous as the one from this weeks JJ and if they did use this scene as a reference they didn’t pay very close attention to it if they thought Matt would walk around without a cane or a companion if he didn’t have a cane. Again, NITPICKING to the nth degree here because Matt was portrayed well in JJ this week, but it’s perhaps because of that such errors, like him not having a cane when walking around in public when he’s a well known lawyer, stand out all the more.

I believe this extends to them walking out on the street where he doesn't have it. Again an obvious misstep but I will forgive it because this is one of my favorite appearances for Matt outside of his title. I loved the cops reaction when he realized who he was. Glad to hear he is represented well in the new JJ series.

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    I believe this extends to them walking out on the street where he doesn't have it. Again an obvious misstep but I will forgive it because this is one of my favorite appearances for Matt outside of his title. I loved the cops reaction when he realized who he was. Glad to hear he is represented well in the new JJ series.
    I don’t recall if this scene continues past that page but yea, it’s a pretty cool scene and a popular one it would seem. This first of three times it’d be used with these characters, the second being in the Defenders show and the third time in this weeks in JJ.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-19-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Cover to DD 607

Love it. Excited for Noto.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Love it. Excited for Noto.
    While anyone new on covers is a step up from the past couple, which have looked like 5 minute sketch jobs with no backgrounds, idk about Noto on DD interiors just yet.

While anyone new on covers is a step up from the past couple, which have looked like 5 minute sketch jobs with no backgrounds, idk about Noto on DD interiors just yet.
    Are you including the cover to 604? That’s one of the best covers of this entire run. I’m with you on Noto, however.

Last edited by Nanashi; 07-19-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Spectacular Member

Are you including the cover to 604? That’s one The best covers of this entire run. I’m with you on Noto, however.

Oddly enough I feel like 603, 604, and 605 are the weakest covers of Soule's run. Looking back the ones I liked a lot were #4, #11, and #28.

He's one of my favorite Marvel artists. I think it's okay for me to be excited.

Are you including the cover to 604? That’s one of the best covers of this entire run. I’m with you on Noto, however.

Agreed this cover is my favorite of Soule's entire run.

Really wish there was a bit more consistency for him with regards to artists. All my other favorite DD runs had consistent artists (or at least styles) as I feel the writer/artist relationship is key for any good run.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Also, in the Defenders series, I believe Jessica referred to Matt as her lawyer and when Matt revealed his identify to Jessica, Luke and Danny he has said "I'm you lawyer".
    A little different saying that in that context (where he was the lawyer in the past) vs. saying to the police while working for the District Attorney's Office.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Agreed this cover is my favorite of Soule's entire run.

Really wish there was a bit more consistency for him with regards to artists. All my other favorite DD runs had consistent artists (or at least styles) as I feel the writer/artist relationship is key for any good run.
    Absolutely. Although he was on every other arc or so, Garney was certainly that artist for Soule and he was superb. Since his departure after 600, though, the following artist Mike Henderson has made it really easy not to miss him too much and while I’m not too hot on Noto he’s not bad. So while a new ongoing artist would of course be more than welcome I haven’t thought of it a lot lately since there’s been no lack of amazing talent thus far.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-19-2018 at 05:43 PM.

IF season 2 is expected to debut in September so Daredevil season 3 is probably next year.

Oh well they are probably saving the best for last

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Or December given the clip they're releasing these things at.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    IF season 2 is expected to debut in September so Daredevil season 3 is probably next year.

Oh well they are probably saving the best for last
    It’s supposed to drop before the end of year.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-19-2018 at 07:47 PM.