Page 319 of 324 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 4858
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Aside from Nocenti’s DD run (I’m assuming), what were all those?
    The stuff from the Typhoid's Kiss TPB: Marvel Comics Presents 109-116, 123-130, 150-151, Spectacular Spider-Man 213-214, and Typhoid 1-4.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The stuff from the Typhoid's Kiss TPB: Marvel Comics Presents 109-116, 123-130, 150-151, Spectacular Spider-Man 213-214, and Typhoid 1-4.
    All really good or just okay?

Most of it is more interesting than good. I would love someone to explain what the hell was going on in 123-130. 150-151 is interesting because it might have one of the first trans characters in comics history (it's also the first appearance of the Bloody Mary personality, which I thought was a later invention). I liked 109-116 quite a bit and it fits the themes of early Nocenti Daredevil (and is possibly a continuation of #236 and #247).

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Most of it is more interesting than good. I would love someone to explain what the hell was going on in 123-130. 150-151 is interesting because it might have one of the first trans characters in comics history (it's also the first appearance of the Bloody Mary personality, which I thought was a later invention). I liked 109-116 quite a bit and it fits the themes of early Nocenti Daredevil (and is possibly a continuation of #236 and #247).
    How about Typhoid 1-4?

As you may have gathered by now, I don’t have faith in Netflix to not utterly disappoint and those pics only reinforce that. And just to drive home how disappointing those pics are that suggest their adapting nothing of the character other than her name not unlike that Daredevil season one villain, here’s are a couple cosplayers doing it right. THIS is live action Typhoid Mary. Note that this actually looks like the character, red hair (not brown/blonde), face paint, and all.

Honestly, I wouldn't like either of these for the Netflix series, they do not fit the tone of the shows. Maybe something with the face paint perhaps, but those outfits work in a comic book or at convention not in the MCU. Let's not forget to that the Netflix series likes to do slow burns with costumes so she certainly could get some variation during the season.

As for how the chose to do her origin, I'm not tied to anything here and wasn't a fan of the whole retcon where she was one of the girls in the brothel that Matt attacked in the MWOF. As long as it still connects to the core aspects of the character I will be fine with it.

While the Netflix shows are not perfect, they are what actually got me back to reading comics after about 15-20 year hiatus. And with Daredevil specifically, I had never read him as a kid and after reading most of the major runs I think they have done about as good a job as possible making the transition. Especially given what a train wreck the movie was this series has done so much to show people what a complex and layered character Matt is and how he is unique in the Marvel Universe. In addition to Daredevil I have also branched out to Iron Fist, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage comic series because I enjoyed their shows as well.

You mentioned them messing up Elektra; however, who really "got" Elektra other than Frank Miller in any medium? Again going back to movie, Elodie Yung is a million times more convincing as Elektra than Jennifer Gardner. Sure they could have done without the Black Sky stuff; however, one of the most important aspects (for me) when it comes to Elektra is her relationship with Matt and they chemistry between Elodie and Charlie was off the charts. The best parts of the Defenders was Matt in both his interactions with Elektra and Jessica.

As for Danny, I have faith based on what we saw in Luke Cage season 2 coupled with what has been said about the upcoming season that we are going to get the Danny we have all been waiting for since the beginning. And, honestly, while Iron Fist was certainly the weakest out of all the Netflix series it was not nearly as bad as people made it out to be.

I know this was discussed a bit earlier in the thread; however, how would you feel if you were a DC fan right now of character other than perhaps Wonder Woman? The movies have been a hot mess and the tv series, imho, pale in comparison to the Marvel Netflix series, even Iron Fist. And it looks like they are going to get worse with whatever that trailer was that dropped last week for the Teen Titans. You talk about characters being mishandled, I will concede I am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to characters like Dick Grayson; however, I did read some Batman and Robin comics when I was younger and I do not remember him shooting people, breaking so many limbs or saying for Batman to "F off". All this to say that while we can certainly point out some of the flaws of the series; overall, its a good time to be a fan of Daredevil and Marvel in general.
    Last edited by macjr33; 07-22-2018 at 07:53 PM.

How about Typhoid 1-4?
    I liked it. It felt a lot like an Alias/Jessica Jones comic with Typhoid Mary as an anti-hero protagonist instead of Jessica.

BANNED

DD - Art by Michael Oeming

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't like either of these for the Netflix series, they do not fit the tone of the shows. Maybe something with the face paint perhaps, but those outfits work in a comic book or at convention not in the MCU. Let's not forget to that the Netflix series likes to do slow burns with costumes so she certainly could get some variation during the season.
    Her comic book outfit could absolutely work. Keep in mind those are likely homemade and done well at that. Put some money behind those and they're not only visually striking, distinctive, but also reflective of the madness that she is. It'd be such a shame and waste to not bring that to the screen. A hoodie and jacket is as banal a look for a character as wild and dangerous as her as may be. But, as has already been said, she may not be full on Typhoid Mary in those set pics.

As for how the chose to do her origin, I'm not tied to anything here and wasn't a fan of the whole retcon where she was one of the girls in the brothel that Matt attacked in the MWOF. As long as it still connects to the core aspects of the character I will be fine with it.
    We'll have to wait for the show know what route they take with that.

While the Netflix shows are not perfect, they are what actually got me back to reading comics after about 15-20 year hiatus. And with Daredevil specifically, I had never read him as a kid and after reading most of the major runs I think they have done about as good a job as possible making the transition. Especially given what a train wreck the movie was this series has done so much to show people what a complex and layered character Matt is and how he is unique in the Marvel Universe. In addition to Daredevil I have also branched out to Iron Fist, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage comic series because I enjoyed their shows as well.
    Definitely.

You mentioned them messing up Elektra; however, who really "got" Elektra other than Frank Miller in any medium? Again going back to movie, Elodie Yung is a million times more convincing as Elektra than Jennifer Gardner. Sure they could have done without the Black Sky stuff; however, one of the most important aspects (for me) when it comes to Elektra is her relationship with Matt and they chemistry between Elodie and Charlie was off the charts. The best parts of the Defenders was Matt in both his interactions with Elektra and Jessica.
    Yep!

As for Danny, I have faith based on what we saw in Luke Cage season 2 coupled with what has been said about the upcoming season that we are going to get the Danny we have all been waiting for since the beginning. And, honestly, while Iron Fist was certainly the weakest out of all the Netflix series it was not nearly as bad as people made it out to be.
    I don't think IF season two will be any better than the first one. That trailer, or teaser, rather, was more of the same. His appearances in Luke Cage season two (which, while I haven't watched it, looks really bad based on clips and trailers) were exceedingly cheesy and cliche and came off almost cartoonish.

I know this was discussed a bit earlier in the thread; however, how would you feel if you were a DC fan right now of character other than perhaps Wonder Woman? The movies have been a hot mess and the tv series, imho, pale in comparison to the Marvel Netflix series, even Iron Fist. And it looks like they are going to get worse with whatever that trailer was that dropped last week for the Teen Titans. You talk about characters being mishandled, I will concede I am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to characters like Dick Grayson; however, I did read some Batman and Robin comics when I was younger and I do not remember him shooting people, breaking so many limbs or saying for Batman to "F off". All this to say that while we can certainly point out some of the flaws of the series; overall, its a good time to be a fan of Daredevil and Marvel in general.
    Absolutely. I said as much a couple or a few pages back after that awful Titans trailer did nothing more than add to the utter garbage that is the DC CW shows and bolster my appreciation for how stellar some of the Marvel Netflix shows are by comparison.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-23-2018 at 04:32 PM.

I liked it. It felt a lot like an Alias/Jessica Jones comic with Typhoid Mary as an anti-hero protagonist instead of Jessica.
    Very nice!

Her comic book outfit could absolutely work. Keep in mind those are likely homemade and done well at that. Put some money behind those and they're not only visually striking, distinctive, but also reflective of the madness that she is. It'd be such a shame and waste to not bring that to the screen. A hoodie and jacket is as banal a look for a character as wild and dangerous as her as may be. But, as has already been said, she may not be full on Typhoid Mary in those set pics.
    I think the assumption of a hoodie and a jacket being her outfit is a little premature. She was helping Iron Fist during the day in the set pics so she probably wasn't Typhoid there. She was probably just normal Mary there. She has 3 personalities so there are a few to pick from that will appear.

As for her comic costume, the Maleev look could easily be adapted without being too revealing. Here's a manip. I really hope they manage to have the Mamas and Papas song for her introduction/somepoint in the series as that was one moment I really loved in the Bendis/Maleev comics.

Last edited by vitaminbee; 07-23-2018 at 11:02 PM.

My first, honest reaction to the oct. solits: the Kingpin again??????????? UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DD has other villains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And this all knowing he’d be back given the end of the last arc.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL #609
    CHARLES SOULE (W)
    PHIL NOTO (A/C)
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES
    VARIANT COVER BY YOON LEE
    The eleventh hour draws near as Matt Murdock prepares to square off against the Kingpin of Crime!Matt is forced to ask himself how long he can take hits against the ropes as Daredevil before he has to hang up the horns.But first, Matt will have to embark on a crusade to free the city of New York from Wilson Fisk’s mayoral reign!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

DAREDEVIL #610
    CHARLES SOULE (W)
    PHIL NOTO (A/C)
    Determined to prove the Kingpin cheated his way into the mayor’s office, Matt is pulling out all the stops!His resolve has set him down a path that will either tear down the Kingpin’s empire or will cost Matt everything.When the final bell rings, only Fisk or Murdock will be left standing!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

TYPHOID FEVER: SPIDER-MAN #1
    Max Bemis (W)
    STEPHANO LANDINI (A)
    COVER BY R.B. SILVA
    VARIANT COVER BY ROD REIS
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY TBA (1 OF 3)
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY SUJIN JO
    Typhoid Mary is back in Manhattan and has set her sights on Hell’s Kitchen. With Daredevil preoccupied trying to take down Mayor Fisk, a power vacuum has suddenly formed in Manhattan’s most dangerous neighborhood, and Typhoid Mary aims to fill it with her own unique brand of chaos. But Daredevil isn’t the only guardian watching over the Kitchen’s residents… and SPIDER-MAN is going to prove it!
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T …$4.99

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    TYPHOID FEVER: SPIDER-MAN #1
    Max Bemis (W)
    STEPHANO LANDINI (A)
    COVER BY R.B. SILVA
    VARIANT COVER BY ROD REIS
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY TBA (1 OF 3)
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY SUJIN JO
    Typhoid Mary is back in Manhattan and has set her sights on Hell’s Kitchen. With Daredevil preoccupied trying to take down Mayor Fisk, a power vacuum has suddenly formed in Manhattan’s most dangerous neighborhood, and Typhoid Mary aims to fill it with her own unique brand of chaos. But Daredevil isn’t the only guardian watching over the Kitchen’s residents… and SPIDER-MAN is going to prove it!
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T …$4.99

There she is! Nice cover!
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-24-2018 at 01:50 PM.