Page 49 of 324 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Smile Post Secret Wars Daredevil!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    The Netflix show as a comicbook series?

Finished DD by Miller/Jansen vol 1. THe first few stories by Mckenzie were decent but when it got to Miller it went up in quality. And I say that as someone who doesn't really enjoy the prose text boxes.

B+. FIrst half was decent before it got really good.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Man without Fear was more of a 'complete story'. It had it's beginning middle and end. Born Again always feels to me like 'part' of a story. You need to know more about what's going on before it... and then it ends on a weird note setting up a new status quo. When I was back issue collecting it I had to double check a few times to make sure I had the whole story.

What I liked about the Born Again years... was that Miller succeeded in making the world a dark and gritty environment.... but NOT dragging Daredevil down to it's level. He still was the hero... He rose above the pain and misery around him. He still went toe to toe with Punisher over the life of criminals. I love my Daredevil Back issues!! Modern storytelling... wants to make him just another violent sociopath... and I hate it.

Although, this idea that Matt has had so many personality shifts over the years... that he's more or less clinically insane is an interesting twist. Myself I prefer the happier swashbuckling Daredevil to the Dark and Gritty ones.

The Netflix show REALLY skirted the edge, but maintained him as 'the hero'. It really surprised me. Even the Ben Affleck one started with him murdering and THEN deciding it was wrong >.<

1. I don't see DD as a "sociopath" when he gets angry. If anything I love how he's lashing out at the world in his quest for justice. I think it humanizes him.
    2. I also don't consider what DD did in the movie to be murder. Did he leave someone to die? Yeah, and I admit that was a very morally grey thing to do. However I thought he deserved it.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    [/B]

1. I don't see DD as a "sociopath" when he gets angry. If anything I love how he's lashing out at the world in his quest for justice. I think it humanizes him.
    2. I also don't consider what DD did in the movie to be murder. Did he leave someone to die? Yeah, and I admit that was a very morally grey thing to do. However I thought he deserved it.
    Much like Bail in Batman Begins, he didn't kill him but he didn't save him.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Invincible Member

Man without Fear was more of a 'complete story'. It had it's beginning middle and end. Born Again always feels to me like 'part' of a story. You need to know more about what's going on before it... and then it ends on a weird note setting up a new status quo. When I was back issue collecting it I had to double check a few times to make sure I had the whole story.

What I liked about the Born Again years... was that Miller succeeded in making the world a dark and gritty environment.... but NOT dragging Daredevil down to it's level. He still was the hero... He rose above the pain and misery around him. He still went toe to toe with Punisher over the life of criminals. I love my Daredevil Back issues!! Modern storytelling... wants to make him just another violent sociopath... and I hate it.

Although, this idea that Matt has had so many personality shifts over the years... that he's more or less clinically insane is an interesting twist. Myself I prefer the happier swashbuckling Daredevil to the Dark and Gritty ones.

The Netflix show REALLY skirted the edge, but maintained him as 'the hero'. It really surprised me. Even the Ben Affleck one started with him murdering and THEN deciding it was wrong >.<

Steve Englehart was actually supposed to take over the writing of DD after Born Again, but for some reason, that didn't happen.

[/B]

1) There is a fine line between 'justice' and 'Vengence' or even violence for the sake of violence. Different authors have different takes. The Daredevil I prefer hits as hard as he has to and has the powers to know just how much the opponent can take. He's not out just for the sake of violence and has more then enough self-control to know the difference.

2) Well, if we're talking about the same scene... I'm talking about the one where Daredevil stalked a man who was in a bar, Chased him to a subway station, Got into a fight with him and tripped him in front of a train. Then instead of saving him, mocked him from the platform.

Now... that COULD be argued as manslaughter.... but it would take one heck of a lawyer

I understood the idea that they wanted him to go from remorseless vigilante to a hero. When he chose NOT to kill Kingpin because that would make him 'the bad guy'... But that was a pretty rough start.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

1) There is a fine line between 'justice' and 'Vengence' or even violence for the sake of violence. Different authors have different takes. The Daredevil I prefer hits as hard as he has to and has the powers to know just how much the opponent can take. He's not out just for the sake of violence and has more then enough self-control to know the difference.

2) Well, if we're talking about the same scene... I'm talking about the one where Daredevil stalked a man who was in a bar, Chased him to a subway station, Got into a fight with him and tripped him in front of a train. Then instead of saving him, mocked him from the platform.

Now... that COULD be argued as manslaughter.... but it would take one heck of a lawyer

I understood the idea that they wanted him to go from remorseless vigilante to a hero. When he chose NOT to kill Kingpin because that would make him 'the bad guy'... But that was a pretty rough start.
    Matt has a moral/ethical gut check every time he faces the Punisher. No ambivalence in Matt's heart about cold blooded murder.

who is the new sidekick?

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who is the new sidekick?
    Blindspot A.K.A. Samuel Chung, powers unknow.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    Sidekick is a terrible idea.

That panel is awesome.I hope Soule uses Elektra at some point.I need more Daredevil & Elektra.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Powers revealed to be Invisibility... yes, you read right. Daredevil, the world greatest blind super-hero, now has a invisible sidekick.

Powers revealed to be Invisibility... yes, you read right. Daredevil, the world greatest blind super-hero, now has a invisible sidekick.
    Lmao and his name is Blindspot

Soule is a funny man.
    We need better comics

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Really? Well that sucks. I figured it was going to be a cool and original power that worked well with DD radar sense. At least that was what I misinterpreted.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

BANNED

Really? Well that sucks. I figured it was going to be a cool and original power that worked well with DD radar sense. At least that was what I misinterpreted.
    Apparently he's a tech genius who created an invisibility suit. Personally, while invisibility is kind of a strange "power" for a street-level character I'm actually really forward to reading more about him. He seemed like an interesting character from the preview pages over at the Kotaku article. Plus, the costume is pretty nifty.