Page 5 of 324 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Yes we need more posts. I was reading this issue on the train back from work today

Daredevil161.jpg
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Yes we need more posts. I was reading this issue on the train back from work today

Daredevil161.jpg
    That was a solid issue, I remember by that cover alone! Also one of the last issues before the "true" beginning of the Miller DD... It's sad, because I actually really really liked Roger McKenzie's run, but it seems like it has always been overshadowed by the immediate transition to Frank Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    That was a solid issue, I remember by that cover alone! Also one of the last issues before the "true" beginning of the Miller DD... It's sad, because I actually really really liked Roger McKenzie's run, but it seems like it has always been overshadowed by the immediate transition to Frank Miller.
    Yeah I definitely agree with you about that his run was solid, I wish we had more issues from him.

Some TV news

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23247/marv...york_comic_con
    We need better comics

Extraordinary Member

I'm most intrigued to see whether its a superhero story, or vigilante.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm most intrigued to see whether its a superhero story, or vigilante.
    Probably a little of both. They'll probably introduce all the main villains and supporting cast in the beginning of the first season, and by the end they'll be following something along the lines of Bendis's run. Season 2 will probably be the big climax of Bendis's run ("Out").

OK, so let's get some opinions going!

(1) Your favorite/best Daredevil writer to date and why (what story/moment/run made up your mind?)

(2) Your favorite/best Daredevil artist/art-team to date (what story/moment/run made up your mind?)

(3) A picture of your favorite Daredevil cover

I'll get the ball rolling!

(1) Tough, but I think I'm going to go with Frank Miller. Not for his first Elektra saga run of Mw/oF (both of which are amazing), but because of Born Again. Absolutely legendary story-telling IMO, with or without David Mazzucchelli, who only enhanced the story. The look on Ben Urich's face as he's on that phone. The look on Ben Urich's face as he says, "...Matt Murdock." Kingpin's revelation: "There is no corpse." Matt Murdock sobbing in those ruins: "It was a nice piece of work, Kingpin. You shouldn't have signed it." Legendary.

(2) Like I said, David Mazzucchelli was fantastic in Born Again -- he gave us what is hands down the greatest splash page in Marvel history. ("Next: Armageddon") That said, though, I'm in love with what Alex Maleev did during his time on Daredevil. Absolutely beautiful, and probably the best stuff of his career. Such a shame: when they announced Bendis and Maleev, back together, on Moon Knight, I didn't sleep for weeks out of excitement! That series should have been much better, though.

(3) And as for my cover, I think I'll go with a Maleev piece!

Great stuff!

Best Writer
    Its really hard to pick between Bendis and Miller so I'll leave it as a tie.

Artist
    JRJR, Daredevil really was the only book I've loved his art on

Cover
    We need better comics

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

OK, so let's get some opinions going!

(1) Your favorite/best Daredevil writer to date and why (what story/moment/run made up your mind?)
    When I was about 11, my dad gave me my brother's two stack of comics. They were both about 2 feet high, just piled up in his closet (they had been there for a couple years). There were a LOT of classic runs in it from various titles. Up until this point, I was only an X-Men, Avengers and Spider-Man fan. Anyhow, among them was an almost complete FM DD run (I think he was missing like the first 3 issues). Anyhow, I began reading the DD issues and when I got to #181 and read it, I remember thinking 'this is one of the best comics I have ever read'. I read it from cover to cover another 3 or 4 times. I have never done that before or since (that many times). It was an unbelievable piece of literature and art. It was then that I became a HUGE DD fan. I immediately started to barter and trade with my friends for the back issues of DD #150 and up that I was missing. FM's DD run with always hold a special place in my heart and it's such a classic run, but as good as it was, I have to say that DD v2 #26-81 by Bendis/Maleev and #82-119 & 500 by Brubaker/Lark are right up there with Miller's run as my favorites. I just can't pick one.

(2) Your favorite/best Daredevil artist/art-team to date (what story/moment/run made up your mind?)[/QUOTE]

For sheer brilliance and longevity I have to go with Maleev. He's simply amazing. I can't get enough of him on DD and wish he would come back to the book. Lark was really, really good too though.

(3) A picture of your favorite Daredevil cover[/QUOTE]

My favorite was, is and will always be DD #181:

DD181.jpg

It's such a striking cover with Bullseye vs Elektra with DD watching in the bg. I know it's not a sexy pick, but for me, whenever I see it, my mind plays the panels of this issue in my head, from Elektra's fight with Bullseye, to her falling into Matt's arm's bleeding, broken and dying. I love it.

And I know you didn't ask, but here's my favorite DD statue that I have. It's 1/4 scale and beautifully done:

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg
    Last edited by The Whovian; 09-26-2014 at 05:44 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

How did you guys like the last issue. I thought Waid wrote a good Purple man and those kids were cool, I still don't care for Kristen Mcduffie.
    We need better comics

How did you guys like the last issue. I thought Waid wrote a good Purple man and those kids were cool, I still don't care for Kristen Mcduffie.
    Great as usual! In fact, I think I may have liked it better than the Original Sin arc, which I also thoroughly enjoyed. I've been eager to see Waid's take on Purple Man, and it didn't disappoint. So far so good!

Being the pessimist that I am, I always find myself saying, "OK nothing as good as Waid's DD could last forever, where is he going to slip up?" But here we are some 40-something issues later and he's still going strong -- this new arc seems promising all-in-all!

And I'm with you on Kirsten McDuffie, haven't liked her a lot from the beginning sad to say. But, hopefully after Waid's run is complete I can grow to enjoy her in retrospect! I wasn't crazy about Milla Donovan at that time, but now I think her character is very interesting, so it may be the same situation for Kirsten.

Also, is "McDuffie" a shout out or "in memoriam" to Dwayne McDuffie?

Great as usual! In fact, I think I may have liked it better than the Original Sin arc, which I also thoroughly enjoyed. I've been eager to see Waid's take on Purple Man, and it didn't disappoint. So far so good!

Being the pessimist that I am, I always find myself saying, "OK nothing as good as Waid's DD could last forever, where is he going to slip up?" But here we are some 40-something issues later and he's still going strong -- this new arc seems promising all-in-all!

And I'm with you on Kirsten McDuffie, haven't liked her a lot from the beginning sad to say. But, hopefully after Waid's run is complete I can grow to enjoy her in retrospect! I wasn't crazy about Milla Donovan at that time, but now I think her character is very interesting, so it may be the same situation for Kirsten.

Also, is "McDuffie" a shout out or "in memoriam" to Dwayne McDuffie?
    I liked Milia too, Its too bad what happened to her. She might be the girl that got it the worst from Matt.

I'm enjoying Waid's run the main problem for me is the art. I don't like that style.
    We need better comics

I liked Milia too, Its too bad what happened to her. She might be the girl that got it the worst from Matt.

I'm enjoying Waid's run the main problem for me is the art. I don't like that style.
    It's funny you say that, because I feel similarly. I like Chris Samnee's work in general, but I've been so used to the gritty and well-executed styles of Alex Maleev and Michael Lark and how well what they drew suited the Man w/o Fear that I'm still having a hard time adjusting to Samnee's style, if that makes any sense at all.

It's funny you say that, because I feel similarly. I like Chris Samnee's work in general, but I've been so used to the gritty and well-executed styles of Alex Maleev and Michael Lark and how well what they drew suited the Man w/o Fear that I'm still having a hard time adjusting to Samnee's style, if that makes any sense at all.
    Same here. I absolutely loved Maleev and Lark's art that it's such a drastic change in style. Not saying it's bad, just different
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Read Daredevil #179 again last night. I can remember the first time reading that issue and being like "OH that's why they were talking about Ben Urich's smoking so much!"

Such an intense ending and a huge cliffhanger. Still one of my favorite single issues to this day!

Lousy cigarettes...

Read Daredevil #179 again last night. I can remember the first time reading that issue and being like "OH that's why they were talking about Ben Urich's smoking so much!"

Such an intense ending and a huge cliffhanger. Still one of my favorite single issues to this day!
    Agreed! Miller's run was pure magnificence