Page 51 of 324 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Joe Quesada's "Daredevil" Production Art Available as Poster at New York Comic Con:

I'm usually not a fan of Quesada's art but this is well done.
    We need better comics

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quesada works best for me in either an early '90s style or a realistic modern style.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Managed to snag Bendis DD. Man knows how to write a great DD. Can't wait to buy the whole thing.
    The whole (Bendis written, mostly Maleev drawn) thing is, in some moods, my favorite run of all time. For all the criticisms I have with much of his other work, DD was huge, ugly, and beautiful.

Mighty Member

Daredevil Season two teaser trailer has arrived. Fist have is a montage recap of season 1 with season 2 coming is around the 90 seccond mark. Funny how this DD teaser has given up more that the Jessica Jones teasers.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    He spoilers:
    has gadgets that can turn him invisible
    end of spoilers.
    Intereting. could be a power set that could be used well in a street level setting.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Secret Wars #6 Action Figure Variant:

Awesome.

Actually my FIRST introduction to Daredevil was this toy. I found two of him in a store YEARS after everyone else had stopped selling Secret Wars and snatched up both of them regardless of who he was. Was VERY surprised to read the blurb on the back stating he was blind

Daredevil #3 solicitation & cover:

DAREDEVIL #3
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • RON GARNEY (A/C)
    Variant Cover by Paolo Rivera
    DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY RON GARNEY
    HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT!
    • Things quickly come to blows when the Man Without Fear and his new protégé are forced to take on a horde of HAND ninjas.
    • And Matt Murdock's day job isn't going much better... His career as an ADA takes a severe hit when he's unable to indict local crime lord Tenfingers.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Also this in Marvel's January 2016 solicitations:

CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS #4
    AL EWING (W) • PACO MEDINA (A)
    Cover by VICTOR IBAÑEZ
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER D BY RON LIM
    CLASSIC ARTIST VARIANT BY TBA
    VARIANT COVER BY PASQUAL FERRY
    KABAM CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS GAME VARIANT
    DEADPOOL VARIANT COVER BY BOBBY RUBIO
    THE MAN WHO TRAINED DAREDEVIL VS. THE WOMAN WHO LOVED DAREDEVIL!
    Can the blind martial arts master known as Stick beat a Bullseye who's also his greatest student?
    • Venom-Hulk vs Guillotines... plural?
    • Plus! White Fox gets close to the truth as the enemy Summoner makes his move!
    32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

https://vimeo.com/143585385
    pretty cool video

Marvel's February 2016 solicitation:

DAREDEVIL #4
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • RON GARNEY (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY MICHAEL CHO
    • Facing roadblocks at every turn, A.D.A. Matt Murdock struggles to build a case against the duplicitous founder of the Church of the Sheltering Hands, Tenfingers, who's not so secretly amassing power in Chinatown.
    • Meanwhile, Daredevil's continued fight against the villain is stuck at a stalemate.
    • With his back against the ropes, the Man Without Fear seeks help from the most seasoned super hero he knows —Steve Rogers!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Spartak87

Well I guess that answers the question about who knows DD's secret identity. I thought it was a really good first issue.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

FANTASTIC first issue! The story was very good and this is perhaps Garney's best artwork. Maybe because he's inking his own work? In any case, it was very good.

A lot going on in this issue:

- I loved the panel where they were discussing whether or not DD survived and he says "boo!". Ha!

- This "Tenfingers" dude is looking like a Hand type villain. Sounds intriguing.

- Matt's secret identity is intact once more except Foggy knows it. I'm cool with that.

- Maybe it's just me, but I think Ellen is already being set up to be Matt's new love interest.

And, finally:

spoilers:
    So either Blindspot is secretly working for DD by infiltrating Tenfingers group, or Blindspot is working for Tenfingers and is working against DD. I hope it's the latter simply because I really don't want DD having a sidekick and it would make the story really interesting.
    end of spoilers
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Spartak87 View Post
    Well I guess that answers the question about who knows DD's secret identity. I thought it was a really good first issue.
    Agreed. Loved it. My most anticipated relaunch and it met my expectations. Garney kills it on art and I've always been a fan of Soule's writing.

I'm not a big Charles Soule fan, but I like Daredevil enough where this issue entertained me. I was getting tired of the Waid run by the end, and with the popularity of the TV show, this is a good stylistic change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    - Matt's secret identity is intact once more except Foggy knows it. I'm cool with that.
    Words can't describe how happy I am to see THIS happen.

Still not sold on the new costume... It's not a TERRIBLE redesign... but it doesn't scream Daredevil to me. It's more... Evil Daredevil or something. Just not getting the right vibe from it. Maybe it'll grow on me. :-/