Page 52 of 324 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

I thought this was an OK opener but that whole SI thing is really gonna bug me for awhile. It feels like a OMD thing.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Words can't describe how happy I am to see THIS happen.

Still not sold on the new costume... It's not a TERRIBLE redesign... but it doesn't scream Daredevil to me. It's more... Evil Daredevil or something. Just not getting the right vibe from it. Maybe it'll grow on me. :-/
    The only thing I don't like is the arm wrappings. Or are they? It was kind of hard to know for sure. If they're wrappings, then it would be hard to get in and out of costume.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    The only thing I don't like is the arm wrappings. Or are they? It was kind of hard to know for sure. If they're wrappings, then it would be hard to get in and out of costume.
    yeah... they look weird. Like a primitive year one kind of thing. Except he's not year one, he's been at it too long for something that complicated everytime he needs to get into costume.

Also not sure about that flame over the D's... The color swap isn't BAD... but it's a little distracting.

I'm curious if we'll get any kind of story behind the SI thing and the new costume? Maybe Red Daredevil retired and Black Daredevil is supposed to be a 'new' guy?? That's kind of what they did with the original 'Matt Murdock revealed' storyline.

Or maybe they'll sweep it all under the rug and never mention it again. honestly, as long as the ID is back in the bottle, I'm happy. Faked death, Mephisto... whatever!

On a separate note... I'm glad to see Foggy there. I lost track of him for a while. I heard he got Cancer... then was written out of the book for a while or something... Matt moved to California again... Hadn't heard he DIED per se... but I was curious how that story actually went??

Spectacular Member

Pretty cool first issue! The costume isn't as good as the classic, still not sure why they changed it honestly. It's not a bad costume by any means but the red one is just better.

With that said the rest of the issue was pretty damn sweet.

I thought it was ok. Art was really cool, and i like the style it brought with the colors and all that, but it was bit over narrated and storywise overall pretty by the numbers. Im definitely ok with them doing a hand way fix to his secret identity, i just hope they don't drag out showing us how exactly he did it for too long. And as to his side kick, well they didn't really us much so i can't really say much there.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-02-2015 at 05:09 PM.

I was a bit dissapointed by this.

In no way was it bad but it all felt like a regression. Waid put so much character development into his run and it all gets thrown out so the book can mimic the Netflix series. I felt like everything with Foggy accepting his life with Matt is just forgotten for some angst. Matt's newfound happiness and acceptance thrown out to be dark and moody. On top of that this 8 months later narrative in ANAD is just irritating now. Also thought the last page reveal fell flat since we know next to nothing about Blindspot as it is.

I was looking forward to the stylistic art from the previews as a Sin City konda vibe but the finished product was unappealing as it was just endless red tinge.*

I like a darker DD and loved both Miller and Bendis' runs but it comes off as trying too hard to me. Hopefully as the story is more fleshed out I will come to feel differently cause right now Im already missing Waid and Samnee.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Spartak87

Did anyone see Frank Miller's comments about the Daredevil show? With no knowledge of the show of any kind, he said, “they can call it whatever you want, but it will not be the real Elektra.” Anybody have any thoughts? I know that Marvel broke their promise to him pretty quickly, which was to have him involved in anything the character would be in after he left Daredevil, or something like that. (At least that's what I heard they promised him.) But still, without even seeing even one episode of season 1 OR seeing any scenes of Elodie for season 2, saying it's "not the real Elektra" I think is just him being annoyed an stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartak87 View Post
    Did anyone see Frank Miller's comments about the Daredevil show? With no knowledge of the show of any kind, he said, “they can call it whatever you want, but it will not be the real Elektra.” Anybody have any thoughts? I know that Marvel broke their promise to him pretty quickly, which was to have him involved in anything the character would be in after he left Daredevil, or something like that. (At least that's what I heard they promised him.) But still, without even seeing even one episode of season 1 OR seeing any scenes of Elodie for season 2, saying it's "not the real Elektra" I think is just him being annoyed an stubborn.
    Sounds fairly legit to me.

The creator will always have their ideas of what 'the real' version of their character is. For that matter everyone has an opinion of what 'the real' version of any character is.. the creator's opinion just carries a bit more weight.

Personally, I enjoyed the Netflix Daredevil... but in no way consider it 'the real' Daredevil. there were things I liked... and things I didn't and would have changed for a more 'iconic' version.

Same principle applies with Miller.

Honestly, i'm a bit curious what his opinion of Elektra is? For me, based on the way he wrote her... she should NOT have become this overused icon the way she did. She played the part of matt's past... never his present. She was a lost soul that he had once loved... but had become someone he could never love NOW... He was a hero, she was a killer.

When she did start to make amends and let some of that long lost goodness shine through... she died. That was the story he'd written. No happy endings.

This push over the years to make her his 'one true love' yet still keep her master ninja assassin is sooooo off, that I just can't understand it.

Which is kind of what I think he's saying. Having her in a story where she's not destined to die... defeats the purpose of her.

Spartak87

Well while I agree with you in some part, I just think that without even seeing the show with her in it, it would be premature for him to say that. But I do agree that she has been overused. However, how do we know she's not destined to die? I mean they are not afraid to kill off iconic characters. I mean Urich didn't even make it through the first season. And have the exec. producers or others involved said anything that could lead people to think she will stick around for more than one season and/or won't get killed at least at some point?

so why the move from San Francisco?

Who is Blindspot, how does he come into DD's life?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so why the move from San Francisco?

Who is Blindspot, how does he come into DD's life?
    Nobody knows yet. He's been in exactly ONE issue
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

That's what I got from it.
    We need better comics

Well while I agree with you in some part, I just think that without even seeing the show with her in it, it would be premature for him to say that. But I do agree that she has been overused. However, how do we know she's not destined to die? I mean they are not afraid to kill off iconic characters. I mean Urich didn't even make it through the first season. And have the exec. producers or others involved said anything that could lead people to think she will stick around for more than one season and/or won't get killed at least at some point?
    Not that I've heard, but dying and coming back is kind of her thing... She's done it in the comics a few times.. she did it in the movie.. even if they DO kill her off, I wouldn't be surprised for her to show up in the defenders or something.

Regardless, whatever the story they chose to tell with her.. may be SIMILAR to Miller's version, but I highly doubt that it will be the same story. Whatever is done in 12 episodes vs the stretched out story in the comics... Remember she was chief Assassin for the kingpin after Bullseye screwed up?? Working for Matt's worst enemy?? I just don't see that translating well in the show. The one image I've seen her was wearing black... not red?? That may irk him too.

Usually I'm pretty solid in the 'see it before you judge it' camp. I HATE seeing all the people talking trash about a movie before we even get a trailer... but he's been burned a few times on her. Some creators are VERY picky about their projects... look at Alan Moore.. He's notorious for smashing ANYTHING using his ideas that he didn't personally write.

So this is his DPS moment?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Spartak87

DPS moment?

Also, just for the record, I am not saying Elodie is going to be amazing. She might end up being awful and Miller might be right. I just think his comments seem to be a little premature.
    Last edited by Spartak87; 12-09-2015 at 06:10 PM.