Page 53 of 324 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

He's an old man who hasn't written a great comic in a while. Is Elektra his baby? I guess as he created her but he created the character for a company. He doesnt own her and he can't get mad about Marvel using her. They own her rights. Simple as that. I hope Elodie does a great job with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    He's an old man who hasn't written a great comic in a while. Is Elektra his baby? I guess as he created her but he created the character for a company. He doesnt own her and he can't get mad about Marvel using her. They own her rights. Simple as that. I hope Elodie does a great job with the character.

He doesn't seem angry... or disgruntled. He just seems dismissive. He wrote a character that he liked... Other people have taken it in directions he disagreed with. There were no court cases or anger thrown around about unfair treatment. No railing against the show or movies...

People asked what he thought about it... he gave a short concise response.

Personally, I really don't care for anything Miller has done EXCEPT Daredevil... and even some of THAT was rubbish, but I dont' think the man should be overly bashed for not liking how Marvel plays with the toys he made. I prefer the honesty there to the rampant and insincere praise most writers do for ANY property regardless of what they REALLY think.

With all the things he's fun to bash on, this quote isn't even a blip on the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    He doesn't seem angry... or disgruntled. He just seems dismissive. He wrote a character that he liked... Other people have taken it in directions he disagreed with. There were no court cases or anger thrown around about unfair treatment. No railing against the show or movies...

People asked what he thought about it... he gave a short concise response.

Personally, I really don't care for anything Miller has done EXCEPT Daredevil... and even some of THAT was rubbish, but I dont' think the man should be overly bashed for not liking how Marvel plays with the toys he made. I prefer the honesty there to the rampant and insincere praise most writers do for ANY property regardless of what they REALLY think.

With all the things he's fun to bash on, this quote isn't even a blip on the radar.
    While he was rather concise with that response, he's been saying the same thing over and over again about Marvel and Elektra. I was merely pointing out that it's what happens when you create a character for someone else. You can be mad about how they treat them but it's something you kind of have to go in knowing when writing stuff for Marvel. You don't have any control over the character, even when they say you might.

BANNED

Default Happy 88th Birthday to the late great John Buscema!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartak87 View Post
    DPS moment?

Also, just for the record, I am not saying Elodie is going to be amazing. She might end up being awful and Miller might be right. I just think his comments seem to be a little premature.
    The whole Dark Phoenix Saga debacle that Claremont and Marvel got into.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Spartak87

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    The whole Dark Phoenix Saga debacle that Claremont and Marvel got into.
    Oh, I don't remember what that was about.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

I'm back in my DD craze and so now I've finished the First season of Daredevil for the third time. I couldn't help but notice that on Wikipedia it said that the number of episodes season 2 has hasn't been confirmed yet. Personally I think it would be cool to get more episodes but at the same time I think it would make it that much harder to binge watch. Here's hoping though. Also, I hope in season three that Mr. Fear and Bullseye will be in it.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Binge reading Waid's DD run (starting with 2011-2014). These are my first DD comics. Really loving the character. And was pleasantly surprised to see some of the early issues done by the same art team as Private Eye. I am excited to go back and read Miller's and Bendis' runs. And to watch the Netflix season.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    I am excited to go back and read Miller's and Bendis' runs. And to watch the Netflix season.
    I really envy you for reading Miller/Bendis/Brubaker (after Bendis) Daredevil the first time. Worldshattering but in a positive way.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    Binge reading Waid's DD run (starting with 2011-2014). These are my first DD comics. Really loving the character. And was pleasantly surprised to see some of the early issues done by the same art team as Private Eye. I am excited to go back and read Miller's and Bendis' runs. And to watch the Netflix season.
    I just did the same thing with waids run. Really enjoyes the first volume of waids. Found the second volume to be a little bit of a drag toward the end.
    Overall still quite good and well worth the read

1) I hated the Jack Batlin/Black armor run.

2) I LOVED how it was resolved. Played nicely with the fact that Matt flip flops between Scarlet Swashbuckler and grim and gritty. Glorious resolution

3) Because of this run, I utterly HATED Bendis' Rehash. The 'outing' story had already been told, and had been handled better. Some of the best comics of the 90's.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL #5
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • RON GARNEY (A/C)
    WOMEN OF POWER VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    SALVATION AT HAND
    • Matt Murdock struggles to come to grips with his failure to save Chinatown from the clutches of Tenfingers.
    • Meanwhile, the self-proclaimed prophet revels as his the vision of his rapture is actualized.
    • But not all prophecies are what they seem.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DAREDEVIL #5
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • RON GARNEY (A/C)
    WOMEN OF POWER VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    SALVATION AT HAND
    • Matt Murdock struggles to come to grips with his failure to save Chinatown from the clutches of Tenfingers.
    • Meanwhile, the self-proclaimed prophet revels as his the vision of his rapture is actualized.
    • But not all prophecies are what they seem.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Fricking looooove Ron Garney's art for this book. His coloring is what really makes it shine. I really don't know nice it would have looked if they went for a more traditional color scheme. But this works well.

I was finally able to read issue #1 and I was honestly blown away by it. Great start to the series.