Page 55 of 324 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Happy Birthday Garth Ennis!!!

http://comicwow.com/blogs/1/1684/garth-ennis-does-not-hate-superh

Looking forward to seeing your take on Frank Castle and Matt Murdock on Netflix this year.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Reading this thread I was surprised how little love Waid's run and Kirsten got. Daredevil is one of the best superheroes but what I dislike in his stories are Ninjas and Elektra. Waid's ideas worked really well for me. I have always Miller, Bendis and Brubaker issues to go back to. Kevin Smith I enjoyed on Green Arrow on Daredevil not but I liked his Mysterio.

BANNED

Happy Birthday Ann "Annie" Nocenti!!!

Thanks for co-creating Typhoid Mary! http://thegeeksverse.com/2015/03/12/...tis-daredevil/

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Thanks for co-creating Typhoid Mary! http://thegeeksverse.com/2015/03/12/...tis-daredevil/
    And, coincidentally, Marvel just released

Daredevil Epic Collection: A Touch of Typhoid (Trade Paperback)
    http://marvel.com/comics/collection/...rade_paperback

All-New Member

Hi guys!! Quick question, I asked this for Deadpool as well. I'm new to the whole Marvel comic thing -sorry- but I'm getting there, and Daredevil looks very nice, I love the series, but do you think it's all right to start at Daredevil #1 from the All-New, All-Different Marvel series?
    I like the idea of starting with a few heroes and catch up like pretty quick, since there are only about 2-3 issues per hero released in this new series.
    Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopheVE View Post
    Hi guys!! Quick question, I asked this for Deadpool as well. I'm new to the whole Marvel comic thing -sorry- but I'm getting there, and Daredevil looks very nice, I love the series, but do you think it's all right to start at Daredevil #1 from the All-New, All-Different Marvel series?
    I like the idea of starting with a few heroes and catch up like pretty quick, since there are only about 2-3 issues per hero released in this new series.
    Thank you so much!
    Unlike my answer to you in the Deadpool thread, I think it's much easier to start with Daredevil #1 of the new series.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Unlike my answer to you in the Deadpool thread, I think it's much easier to start with Daredevil #1 of the new series.
    Oh man, you're the best! I'll buy issue #1 of both Deadpool and Daredevil, and while keeping up with those, I'll try and find the first issues of Duggan's Deadpool. Thanks a lot!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL #6
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • Ron Garney (A)
    Cover by Bill Sienkiewicz
    CLASSIC VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    STORY THUS FAR VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CIVIL WAR VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO
    "PRACTICE TO DECEIVE" STARTS NOW!
    • Hell's Kitchen knows no fury like an assassin scorned. Though Matt Murdock has somehow managed to hide his identity from the entire world, there are parts of his past he cannot escape.
    • Elektra Natchios, is back in the Big Apple and she's got a score to settle with The Man Without Fear!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

BANNED

Default Happy 86th Birthday Jazzy Johnny "Ring-a-Ding" Romita!!!

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2010/12/15/top-50-comic-book-artists-20-16/
    http://www.twomorrows.com/comicbooka.../06romita.html

BANNED

Happy Birthday Frank Miller!!!

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Daredevil v1 #165, 1980 - Doctor Octopus appears just as a shipment of the ultra-strong metal adamantium disappears.
    The villain's flailing mechanical arms make for a graphically interesting cover, combined with Daredevil's after images. Though complex, Frank Miller's composition is perfectly balanced and orchestrated.

BANNED

Daredevil v1 #181, 1982 - Newly escaped from prison, Bullseye seeks to regain the Kingpin's favor by killing his chief competitor Elektra.
    This double-sized issue is Frank Miller's longest to date, allowing him greater room to excel and innovate. On page 15, Bullseye's drunken state is emphasized by the enlarged liquor bottle on the top left. On page 34, sounds effects of an oncoming train separate a series of horizontal panels. From the daring prison escape to Bullseye's respective clashes with Daredevil and Elektra, this issue is virtually flawless in art and storytelling.

BANNED

Daredevil v1 #191, 1983 - A climactic battle between DD and Bullseye becomes the obsession and fantasy of a troubled young boy.
    Frank Miller's pencils, inked by Terry Austin, are sharper yet generally less spontaneous. This is largely offset by the formidable layouts and masterful sequencing. Many of the scenes occur in a hospital room, where minimal backgrounds convey a starkness and sterility. Images crossing over several panels, enlarged panels, repetitive panels and more contribute to exquisitely designed pages. Miller accompanies one of his finest Daredevil stories with a widely cross-hatched, statuesque cover.