Page 56 of 324 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

I love Daredevil and all, but I can't wait for Soule's run to end, especially after today's issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I love Daredevil and all, but I can't wait for Soule's run to end, especially after today's issue.
    What happened in it? Spoil me, please!

Spectacular Member

I loved this issue, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    What happened in it? Spoil me, please!
    Like, nothing happened in it, that's why I hate it.
    spoilers:
    There was a big fight for half the book, and the art failed to make it entertaining. Daredevil helped defend Tenfingers from The Hand and The Hand retreated.
    The next day, Tenfingers pays a visit to Matt's office and the issue ends before they can say anything of substance to each other.
    end of spoilers
    Soule doesn't know how to write entertaining fights for his life.

I think Soule's doing a great job.. but he's also one of my favorite writers these days so I may have blinders on. I don't know. I'm really enjoying this. And the art is perfect for my ideal Daredevil book.

BANNED

This book, and Soule's writing, are great.

I thought it was a really cool action scene. I guess if you like your fighting to be drawn like over the top acrobatics then you won't enjoy it but I love the gritty, street fighting style with occasional fancy moves.

Another lackluster issue imo. Nothing seems to have any weight or substance like with Waids run.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Another lackluster issue imo. Nothing seems to have any weight or substance like with Waids run.
    Which is a funny thing to say when most of Waid's run had neither weight nor substance. Certainly not all of it fits that description, but enough of it that I find this comment really amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Which is a funny thing to say when most of Waid's run had neither weight nor substance. Certainly not all of it fits that description, but enough of it that I find this comment really amusing.
    Depends on what you feel carries weight. Waids run was lighthearted but that doesnt mean it didnt have weight. Matt had far more personality and the plots built on each other and had plenty of character development.

Its still early so Ewing has time to do the same but so far Ive been dissapointed and enjoyed Waids take more.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

loved the issue. And like garneys art.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Wasn't that the run that had Foggy with Cancer?

Which, I never DID hear how that turned out... Is he in the new series?? I never heard that he died or anything...

Spartak87

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Wasn't that the run that had Foggy with Cancer?

Which, I never DID hear how that turned out... Is he in the new series?? I never heard that he died or anything...
    Yes he is. It went into full remission.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartak87 View Post
    Yes he is. It went into full remission.
    Awesome

Big Foggy fan here, HATE how people are always wanting him killed off.

Amazing Member

I found this on twitter today is from Sinichi Kurita, an actual character designer from madhouse, my point is that is someone that could be pretty much doing the main character designs for an animated direct to video if marvel want.
    CZ0KwS6UEAAUqMK.jpg
    He has been pretty found in Marvel lately, he is playing marvel alliance, and doing animateds gif for Spiderman webbing and the venom symbionte costume changes, fanarts of Silk and Cap.
    https://twitter.com/Obakason/media
    So I was even thinking that he could be training to actually work for marvel, he did some key animation for the last DTV, so has some sense. O maybe it,s just a hobby for him, but is a possibility that is there.
    Last edited by mike2112; 01-29-2016 at 03:42 AM.