Page 8 of 324 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Huston View Post
    Waid has done wonders with Daredevil's villains, from Bullseye to Stilt-Man. That Bullseye story with Ikari's introduction actually might be my favorite in the run so far.

Here's a question: Which writer or artist that hasn't done any extensive Daredevil work would you want to see the most? My answer is a fairly obvious one, but I have to go with Greg Rucka. He's by far my favorite writer working today, and it's right in his wheelhouse. He had a chance to do a few issues with Ed Brubaker, but I'd love to see him get a real crack at the title. As far as artists, it's a total dream pick, but I'd love to see Jock's take on The Man Without Fear.
    What's Rucka's situation with Marvel? I remember asking on tumblr and he said he was fired after his run on Punisher. But it was work for hire, and he's currently writing Cyclops...so I'm a little confused. But he would be a great writer for DD.

Invincible Member

Waid has done wonders with Daredevil's villains, from Bullseye to Stilt-Man. That Bullseye story with Ikari's introduction actually might be my favorite in the run so far.

Here's a question: Which writer or artist that hasn't done any extensive Daredevil work would you want to see the most? My answer is a fairly obvious one, but I have to go with Greg Rucka. He's by far my favorite writer working today, and it's right in his wheelhouse. He had a chance to do a few issues with Ed Brubaker, but I'd love to see him get a real crack at the title. As far as artists, it's a total dream pick, but I'd love to see Jock's take on The Man Without Fear.
    Rucka would be my first choice too.

Rick Remender is a controversial writer, but it might put a unique spin on DD.

Maybe Scott Snyder?

Brian Azzerello might be a bit cliche choice after 100 Bullets and Batman, but i think he'd do solid work.

Perhaps Warren Ellis?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    What's Rucka's situation with Marvel? I remember asking on tumblr and he said he was fired after his run on Punisher. But it was work for hire, and he's currently writing Cyclops...so I'm a little confused. But he would be a great writer for DD.
    I just assumed the parties found some middle ground and worked out their difficulties. I'm guessing Rucka might be doing Cyclops now for a chance to work on another project he's passionate about down the line.

Rucka co wrote some of those Brubaker issues IIRC
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I just assumed the parties found some middle ground and worked out their difficulties. I'm guessing Rucka might be doing Cyclops now for a chance to work on another project he's passionate about down the line.
    I hope that's the case, but I guess it's still kind of up in the air considering issue 5 of Cyclops was Rucka's last. Plus I think I recall him saying that Lazarus was his top priority for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Rucka co wrote some of those Brubaker issues IIRC
    Yep. Issues 107-110 with Brubaker.

I think Azzarello could knock it out of the park for sure.

The Netflix logo!

We need better comics

You know, because of the great work on Black Widow, I'd want to see Nathan Edmunson tackle DD; he did a great job recently when Matt appeared in a guest role in Black Widow. Made me curious. .

Also, this likely would never happen but if you can get Jeff Lemaire and Andreas Sorrentino to team up again (now that they're done with Green Arrow), I'd love to see them tackle DD.

I would like to see Garth Ennis write a Daredevil Max series.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    The Netflix logo!

Excellent!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

We need better comics

Ultimate Member

So Charlie Cox likes the Miller and Bendis stuff the most.

Bob Gunton is playing The Owl, that's cool.

Superman's mom is playing Vanessa Fisk, that's funny.

Rosario Dawson is playing Night Nurse. Weird that they'd make such a big deal about keeping THAT role a secret for so long? Also, she'll probably be the Agent Coulson of the Netflix shows. The character who appears in most of the shows to serve as a link to connect them all together (she dated Luke Cage for a time in the comics if I'm not mistaken).

BANNED

Really looking forward to this!

Ultimate Member

I think that we'll see a progression/evolution of the suit, and that the classic red and black one will be the endgame. This looks very much like a makeshift suit, likely for when he's just starting out.

Its from The Man Without Fear

DD4.jpg
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post

Really looking forward to this!
    Cox may be channelling Frank Miller's DD there. The inspiration for that scarf/mask/blindfold looks to be taken directly from the early renditions of Matt with Elektra in DD #168. Very interested in the netflix series and how much the old stories influence it.