Page 9 of 324 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I've got a suggestion for Daredevil writer. Dennis Lehane. (author of Mystic River and Gone Baby Gone.) Or how about Scott Turow (Presumed Innocent.) A lot of new readers could be gained by looking outside of comics for new writers. Lee Child (Jack Reacher series) on Punisher. Joe Hill (Heart Shaped Box) on Blade or any marvel horror character. Can you imagine the sales if Marvel (or any other publisher) could get Stephen King or JK Rowling to write original comics ? (not adaptions or backups.) It will probaly not happen, but its fun to speculate.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Rosario Dawson is playing Night Nurse. Weird that they'd make such a big deal about keeping THAT role a secret for so long? Also, she'll probably be the Agent Coulson of the Netflix shows. The character who appears in most of the shows to serve as a link to connect them all together (she dated Luke Cage for a time in the comics if I'm not mistaken).

I think they kept it under wraps less to have a big reveal and more probably just a "we're still working things out" thing. I have the same sort of speculation, that Claire will be the connection between the series. but i kinda hope they don't use her the way Bendis used Night Nurse...as the underground dr for the superheroes. I'd rather she was just a nurse that just happens to know Luke, happens to work at the hospital that Matt or Danny takes victims to, etc

Invincible Member

More than likely the inspiration for the black suit is from Man Without Fear, but I wanna say didn't DD guest star on the old Hulk TV show wearing black costume? I'm too lazy to look it up. I'm pretty sure a DD pilot was filmed back then but was never aired.

Ultimate Member

I'd like the "underground Dr. for superheroes" angle better actually. It gives her a unique and interesting niche in the MU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    More than likely the inspiration for the black suit is from Man Without Fear, but I wanna say didn't DD guest star on the old Hulk TV show wearing black costume? I'm too lazy to look it up. I'm pretty sure a DD pilot was filmed back then but was never aired.
    Yes he did, and it was in The Trial of the Incredible Hulk if I'm remembering correctly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Yes, but both Cox and DeKnight have stated that this series will follow the Miller and Bendis runs.

Claire is not the Night Nurse. Night Nurse was named Linda. Claire was an old flame.of Luke Cage and Black Goliath.

They can make her the night nurse sure. But two seperate characters.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Ultimate Member

Unless she's the shows version of Night Nurse, then they'll be ONE character.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Unless she's the shows version of Night Nurse, then they'll be ONE character.
    I know. I was saying that IN THE COMICS Night Nurse and Claire are.seperate characters, thats all. The show can do whatever it wants and combine them. All that has been said is that she is a nurse that works at night. Remains to be seen if shes THE Night Nurse specifically.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Huston View Post
    Waid has done wonders with Daredevil's villains, from Bullseye to Stilt-Man. That Bullseye story with Ikari's introduction actually might be my favorite in the run so far.

Here's a question: Which writer or artist that hasn't done any extensive Daredevil work would you want to see the most? My answer is a fairly obvious one, but I have to go with Greg Rucka. He's by far my favorite writer working today, and it's right in his wheelhouse. He had a chance to do a few issues with Ed Brubaker, but I'd love to see him get a real crack at the title. As far as artists, it's a total dream pick, but I'd love to see Jock's take on The Man Without Fear.
    I've liked nearly everything Chris Gage has written (I think the one exception was a comic book tie-in for a very graphic video game). I'd love to see what he'd do with DD.

Ultimate Member

Jeff Lemire would be a cool choice as well (though he's going to be busy on Hawkeye now). As for an artist, Marco Checchetto would be a great artist for DD imo.

Any thoughts on DD #9?

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Any thoughts on DD #9?
    Loved the last page. Loved the issue, too, but that last page was great. Wilson's colors were great; Samnee killed it again, art-wise. The shadows were more pronounced -- it gave the issue a darker, almost horror vibe. The muted colors were a great match. And, really, Waid is in excellent form: I've been re-reading Bendis run this week (again) and as much as I love all that Sopranos-esque dialogue with Sammy Silke and just the endless gangster chatter, I love that Waid just strips it all down. And i don't mean to compare Bendis and Waid -- totally different writers. I just lvoe that DD can bring the best out of writers.

bleeding cool says bendis is at the daredevil shoot in a trailor working

im, like, giddy over this rumor

DD #9 was great. This book has been my fave book every month for 4 years now. It just cannot be topped.

The art is incredibe and the moody inks and colors work well on this arc.

Loved what Waid did with Killgraves powers to convince himself he was okay while bleeding to death.