Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    To this day I'm still impressed at the way he comes flying through the kitchen window.
    I can't seem to embed Facebook videos but this is the commercial for today's upcoming show and it has the kitchen widow jump in it
    https://www.facebook.com/I.Love.Lucy...2652216102511/

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Pi View Post
    Oh Yeah! I Do Remember Watching Mr. George Reeves As SUPERMAN, Back In The Early 1970s., Those Saturday Mornings Were Indeed Fun, And Then Later In That Decade Of The 70s And In The Early 80s Came BATMAN & ROBIN From 1960s, SHAZAM, ISIS, STRETCH ARM STRONG, ELECTRA WOMAN & DYNA GIRL, BIG FOOT, ULTRA MAN, MAZINGA, THE SUPER FRIENDS, AMAZING SPIDER MAN & FRIENDS, WEB WOMAN, THE HERCULOIDS, SPACE GHOST, etc etc, just going down memory lane here folks. fin (:
    Nothing wrong with going down Memory Lane, especially when it is good

"The Herculoids" I loved that show Goop and Gleep were my favorite along with the Zok he could shoot lasers out of his eyes and tail. Space ghost another on and Birdman. Spiderman 1960s was cool the background music was excellent!

With Batman - it was fun to watch, you could always tell who would be on the Hollywood Palace ( a variety show ) because they would pop out of the buildings as Batman and Robin would be climbing,

Now, Batman the TV show actually was nothing like “in tone”- the Batman Serial that ran in the movie houses decade plus before that I use to see a the Loews theater it was a gritty crime drama like Dick Tracy and the G men with mask.

No matter what period of time you grew up late 40's / 50's & 60's / 70's / 80's Saturday mornings / Afterschool will never be the same.

Add to that TV in General will never be the same, and I wonder, sometimes, if that is really for the best?

I first saw that one in the mid-'70s hosted by James Brown himself)
    James Brown another performer like Elvis - I’d pay any price to see in concert he was Mr. Dynamite all right.

He doesn't remember exactly when, but he thought Princess Summer-Fall-Winter-Spring was a babe (she certainly was in Jailhouse Rock, IMO) so he wasn't that young
    Its Howdy Doody Time:
    She was indeed - Judy Tyler was her name and someone shows very good taste

Captain Video and His Video Rangers and Space Patrol I haven't see them in years but, like Clark Kent telling us to eat our Corn Flakes, I remember those commercials tell us to send our box tops for toys and stuff.

I must admit, the commercials back then were much more entertaining and fun to watch, than the ones that run now!
    Last edited by jimmy; 05-17-2015 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I can't seem to embed Facebook videos but this is the commercial for today's upcoming show and it has the kitchen widow jump in it
    https://www.facebook.com/I.Love.Lucy...2652216102511/
    Ah take me back and In Color yet!! Thank you!!!

The Best line was and I'm paraphrasing here from memory ...

Superman - "Ricky Ricardo, you mean to tell me you've been married to her for 15 years?"

Ricky - "YEAH..15 years!

Superman - "...and they call me Superman!

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Random trivia I just learned- in the I Love Lucy episode with Superman, Ethel is showing an empty apartment to a couple who may buy it- the wife Martha is played by Madge Blake who would later play Dick Grayson's Aunt Harriet on "Batman"

She see's Lucy out the window and screams and her husband wonders what she could have seen out the window three stories up

"Was it a bird?"
    "No"
    "Was it a plane?"
    "No"
    "What was it?"
    "It was Superman!"

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    James Brown another performer like Elvis - I’d pay any price to see in concert he was Mr. Dynamite all right.
    Heh. Not the Godfather of Soul (yes, one of my all-time favorites, too), but the human star of Rin Tin Tin. BTW, wasn't Jackie Wilson (another legend that I have multiple CD's of) Mr. Dynamite?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I had seen the episode with George Reeves once, long ago, but I had completely forgotten that he stays in character as Superman the whole time, down to the whole moving the piano joke and jumping over the ledge. All of that went over my head as a kid.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I interpret this episode one of two ways: George Reeves shows up as Superman to little Ricky's party and never breaks character, even when getting Lucy down from the ledge, or the Superman TV show existed in the same universe as the Superman TV show because, remember, that's what little Ricky was watching when the show starts.

I figured they wanted to avoid referring to him as George Reeves because young children thought Superman was real, like Santa Claus.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    I figured they wanted to avoid referring to him as George Reeves because young children thought Superman was real, like Santa Claus.
    WHAT????

SPOILER

Santa's not real????
    I have no beef with Vegans

Saw this years ago. Great episode! That Reeves isn't portrayed as an actor but is just Superman is awesome!!! That was Superman pretty close to his peak in popularity. When the audience matured, his popularity diminished. He'll always be a major player & may have something of a renaissance at some point but that was Superman at his most magical: appealing to children.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Heh. Not the Godfather of Soul (yes, one of my all-time favorites, too), but the human star of Rin Tin Tin. BTW, wasn't Jackie Wilson (another legend that I have multiple CD's of) Mr. Dynamite?
    Rusty and Rip Masters my mistake lol...I have a "one track mind" when I hear the name James Brown"

James Brown and the Famous Flames Ha, I could have said "Soul Brother Number 1" Lol - Actually, working with "Little Richard" at that time if I'm not mistaken - Truthfully, when I first saw James Brown he was being billed as "Mr. Dynamite" and with very good reason as he put on a heck of a stage show - OMG

Note - James was also in a movie called "Ski Party" with Batgirl Yvonne Craig.

Jackie Wilson "Mr. Excitement" was a unbelievable, smooth moves "some of which he got from boxing" coupled with the fact that he had one of the greatest voices of all time! - It was a night at the opera with Rock n Roll soul and anther person who was a great showmen. I'd pay real good money to see again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    Saw this years ago. Great episode! That Reeves isn't portrayed as an actor but is just Superman is awesome!!! That was Superman pretty close to his peak in popularity. When the audience matured, his popularity diminished. He'll always be a major player & may have something of a renaissance at some point but that was Superman at his most magical: appealing to children.
    Saw this episode when it was originally broadcast back then and now in Color - I Still love this episode, as those memories from over 50 plus years ago came forward in my mind - Call it "the child in all of us"!

PS Love how Superman moved that piano with Ricky's eyes filled with surprise, bulging - Ethel too
    Last edited by jimmy; 05-20-2015 at 08:22 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    Jackie Wilson "Mr. Excitement"
    Right. I knew there was a "Mr." in there somewhere.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?