Default Wonder Woman '77 #6 Digital SPOILERS

I was hoping someone else would start this thread. Someone who liked the issue, because I wasn’t overly fond of it. It did not fulfill the promise of the first chapter which was so mysterious and full of surprises. We eventually learn that Psycho escaped from prison or an institution, but we don’t find out how WW ended up in his clutches, attached to the gizmo she burst free from at the end of chapter 2. The rogues were used so briefly that they came across as rather faceless. The switch in artists (two in one chapter) didn’t help matters either. It's like having the roles in a play suddenly performed by different actors in the middle of it. (Although Ortiz’s contribution was welcome because I prefer his style to Haley’s.)

The pacing of the first chapter was so effective and the way Badower crafted each panel with a director’s eye to tell the story was awesome. For me the intrigue of the first chapter hinged on why things were the way they were in that particular world/illusion, but the conclusion of the tale offered no real explanation for that. I mean, we know that Dr. Psycho was responsible—but if he was just out to destroy WW, exactly how was he going to accomplish that? Was he going to have her indefinitely chained to his machine hallucinating about a world where she wasn’t WW?

I did like the idea of Wonder Woman using her lasso on herself to reveal the truth. And I also enjoyed the epilogue with Diana being too exhausted to go see “A Chorus Line” with Trevor. That's what I love about the Diana Prince identity--she can escape into the same commonplace world the rest of us live in.
    Last edited by Largo161; 04-17-2015 at 09:10 AM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, it was definitely underwhelming. In such a short story there were too many pointless action scenes. The villains were just there for filler. Also, considering Diana already figured out it was all an illusion already, how hard would it be to break free a second time already knowing it was an illusion?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I enjoyed the story overall. Yes, the rogues appearance was brief but they were simply mental hallucinations induced by Dr. Cyber so I wasn't expecting any real development with them. I thought the art was good throughout the story even if the artist did change. I think it helped that their style is very similar.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I was hoping someone else would start this thread. Someone who liked the issue, because I wasn’t overly fond of it. It did not fulfill the promise of the first chapter which was so mysterious and full of surprises. We eventually learn that Psycho escaped from prison or an institution, but we don’t find out how WW ended up in his clutches, attached to the gizmo she burst free from at the end of chapter 2. The rogues were used so briefly that they came across as rather faceless. The switch in artists (two in one chapter) didn’t help matters either. It's like having the roles in a play suddenly performed by different actors in the middle of it. (Although Ortiz’s contribution was welcome because I prefer his style to Haley’s.)

The pacing of the first chapter was so effective and the way Badower crafted each panel with a director’s eye to tell the story was awesome. For me the intrigue of the first chapter hinged on why things were they way they were in that particular world/illusion, but the conclusion of the tale offered no real explanation for that. I mean, we know that Dr. Psycho was responsible—but if he was just out to destroy WW, exactly how was he going to accomplish that? Was he going to have her indefinitely chained to his machine hallucinating about a world where she wasn’t WW?

I did like the idea of Wonder Woman using her lasso on herself to reveal the truth. And I also enjoyed the epilogue with Diana being too exhausted to go see “A Chorus Line” with Trevor. That's what I love about the Diana Prince identity--she can escape into the same commonplace world the rest of us live in.
    I agree, but overall I still enjoyed this arc quite a bit. I probably would have benefitted from another issue to play the whole story out in a little more detail.

Amazing Member

Issue #4 indicated it could be something bigger, but I'm not disappointed. After the first arc, I understood how the subsequent arcs would follow, and I knew this one would end something like this. There's no space for something deeper or more elaborated. Also, the "rogues gallery" were there simply because this might be the last issue forever and Andreyko wanted to put stuff he would like to have in the book. Not only in this issue, but also all the easter eggs on the previous issues. I think the book will continue, but only 2 arcs were guaranteed.

I enjoyed it, the art was actually better than issue #5, and Romulo Fajardo Jr. coloring all of it made it more consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Undertaker View Post
    Issue #4 indicated it could be something bigger, but I'm not disappointed. After the first arc, I understood how the subsequent arcs would follow, and I knew this one would end something like this. There's no space for something deeper or more elaborated. Also, the "rogues gallery" were there simply because this might be the last issue forever and Andreyko wanted to put stuff he would like to have in the book. Not only in this issue, but also all the easter eggs on the previous issues. I think the book will continue, but only 2 arcs were guaranteed.

I enjoyed it, the art was actually better than issue #5, and Romulo Fajardo Jr. coloring all of it made it more consistent.
    technically this is might not be the last issues since they state they will release them in print form and there is a big chance they will continue

Amazing Member

I just noticed Cheetah said "I've waited decades for this moment". Could it be that she is a 40s villain? Diana also says "Priscilla? How?"