Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Movie Thor vs Movie Sebastian Shaw

The fight takes place in Puente Antiguo (the town from Thor). Shaw has not absorbed any energy and has full knowledge of Thor's powers and abilities. Thor is not aware of Shaw's abilities and will not use lethal force until he realises just how powerful his foe is.

Thor is not allowed to BFR.

BANNED

We have done this before. Or I guess..well, we haven't, not on this board. The thing with movie Shaw is certain things about him are hard to judge. Is his power passive or not, was one debate. Then the question of, if he is hit with a single hit that contains a lot more force then anything he absorbed in a single blow, would the hit damage him?

Thor could easily take this, but you took away BFR. So..now it comes down to if you feel a single hit from Thor is more powerful then anything Shaw was hit with. I was personally of the opinion that yes I do feel it is more powerful. Thus hitting him with all his strength would damage him, but that is just my opinion. Of course since Thor is not aware of his powers then he might act in a way that makes it hard for him to get close enough to physically attack. Since if Thor decides to begin tossing lightning around first then Shaw will absorb it and then he'll have some energy to toss around. Given the amount of energy he was throwing around after getting hit by a bunch of bullets and a rocket launcher, Thor's lightning is going to make him pretty beastly when it comes to energy attacks. Though he'd probably only get one attack before he needed more energy.

So yeah, it comes down to..Thor wins if you think he hit's harder then anything that hit Shaw..and if not, then Shaw sooner or later is going to win the fight. I suppose technically Thor could just use his flight to stay out of reach. So it might just be a stalemate if you think he can't hurt Shaw.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-16-2014 at 03:02 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I suppose technically Thor could just use his flight to stay out of reach. So it might just be a stalemate if you think he can't hurt Shaw.
    The old "win when my opponent dies of old age" tactic!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yeah, but they are both immortal so that is the tricky part. Well, I guess to be fair Loki does say they live for 5,000 years. Well, at least they have a lot of time to kill. They can maybe play games, I'm sure 6 degree's of Kevin Bacon would be fun.

As I said the first time this came up Thor wins this very easily... By tossing Sebastian his hammer. And then striking a pose while he tries vainly to get it off him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    As I said the first time this came up Thor wins this very easily... By tossing Sebastian his hammer. And then striking a pose while he tries vainly to get it off him.
    Couldn't he dig his way out from under it?

Couldn't Thor simply put his hand over Shaw's nose and mouth until Shaw passed out from lack of oxygen?

I don't rightly recall Sabastian having much in the way of digging feats, especially not while a hammer magically heavy enough that the Hulk couldn't lift it resting on his chest

What does "BFR" mean?

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    What does "BFR" mean?
    battle field removal - basically to throw someone or make sure the ground is not under them so they are stuck if they can't fly.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    What does "BFR" mean?
    Battlefield Removal - knocking someone out of the ring to a place they can't come back from.

Thank you.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I don't know if it will really occur to Thor to gently suffocate Shaw or pin him with Mjolnir in a scenario match before Shaw absorbs enough to keep pace with/swat him, but Thor may be able to suffocate him with a tornado even if he catches on too late to do it the easy way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I don't know if it will really occur to Thor to gently suffocate Shaw or pin him with Mjolnir in a scenario match before Shaw absorbs enough to keep pace with/swat him, but Thor may be able to suffocate him with a tornado even if he catches on too late to do it the easy way.
    One can argue that Shaw can absorb enough of the tornado's energy to prevent that from happening.

I'm sure Shaw absorbs all energy when he turns on his power. But unless the force is sufficient, he probably needs to absorb a huge amount of it. Thor might be able to overlord Shaw however, with a massive blast like he did with the Destroyer. Shaw never showed the ability to absorb that much as once. The most shown was Havok probably. The only thing other thing I can think of is when he absorbed all of the bullets and a rocket launcher when he was attacking the CIA building. He absorbed the nuclear reactor slowly. He was able to ignore/absorb all the metal hitting him in the sub, but that was after powering up with nuclear energy.

There's a no-limits fallacy for a reason, and Shaw has never shown to absorb a huge amount that Thor can put out. So I think Thor just over powers Shaw.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Does Shaw eventually start to lose some of his strength over time if he is not exposed to energy?